#21 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 426 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 29, 2013 - 09:50 AM

The 4-0 sweep was like taking a sick dog and putting it down...

Yea, it was sad, but, it had to happen, and we all knew it was coming

Well put..

And for the record, I will continue to wear my Laker attire through the playoffs just to attract people to talk smack to me. That way, when we yet again rise to the top, I know which mofos to give it back too. Hard.

This is wear you earn your stripes ladies and gentlemen. When your team sucks and is down. Our franchise has had very little time to play the role as loser and thus were spoiled.

My advice is to be a bigger fan than ever. It will earn respect with your rivals because they know your down to ride no matter what.

We as fans transcend players, coaches and even owners. Time to step up and pay the piper and never forget the people who talk smack to you.

I'm making my list..

#22 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 29, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Well put..

And for the record, I will continue to wear my Laker attire through the playoffs just to attract people to talk smack to me. That way, when we yet again rise to the top, I know which mofos to give it back too. Hard.

This is wear you earn your stripes ladies and gentlemen. When your team sucks and is down. Our franchise has had very little time to play the role as loser and thus were spoiled.

My advice is to be a bigger fan than ever. It will earn respect with your rivals because they know your down to ride no matter what.

We as fans transcend players, coaches and even owners. Time to step up and pay the piper and never forget the people who talk smack to you.

I'm making my list..

LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:20 AM

When KB went down the dream went down. So it was expected.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#24 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Had the exact same feeling Manaro. I think with this season being full of disappointment made it much more easier to cope with our 4-0 exit. As soon as Kobe went down was the killer blow. I knew that was probably it and our season was on borrowed time. I was still proud we made the playoffs after the season full of injuries, chemistry issues and coaching dramas. Got to say im just looking forward to next season now. Go Lakers!!!

#25 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 29, 2013 - 12:13 PM

thanks I knew I wasnt the only one who thought that.. :(

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 29, 2013 - 12:21 PM

Every season, you win a bit and lose a bit

What we gained this season, was an understanding of how to play with Dwight,Nash,Kobe moving forward. From 17-25, we turned it around and got the 7th seed. Kobe added to his legend. 

we had 45 reasons to cheer, and on top of that a lot of entertaining games that we ended up losing.

Miami had a 15 win season a few years after their first championship.

Yup.

So, despite it all I didn't hate this season and it doesn't seem like it can get any worse moving forward.

I just think havin Duhon,Morris,Ebanks-instead of lets say Corey Maggette who would at least be a usable piece.

#27 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted April 29, 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yeah i agree BBallIQ. Though this season was garbage you have to take positives out of it. One thing was we saw Dwight and Kobe can co-exsist. We saw Dwight and Pau can actually work in the frontcourt. We saw that a Nash and Kobe backcourt works better with Kobe as main facilitator. We saw the emergence of Clark from a end of rotation guy to a contributor. We saw Blake finally perform how we hoped he would. We also saw some of the negatives which overall should help next season. We saw that Mike DAntoni is not the coach for this team lol. We saw that our team really lacks athleticism especially on the perimeter bar Kobe. We saw that our team has too many one way players which really hurt us mainly defensively. We saw defense and turnovers are our biggest weakness. We saw injuries can really affect the chemistry of a team. Probably the main positive I personally took from this season was that Kobe Bean Bryant aka Black Mamba is a legendary for what he accomplished. Hope he is able to come back and play close to the level he did. Very tough to say but if anyone can it's him. Overall the positives of this disastrous season are we know what things cam work for us and we know where we need to make big improvements. Hoping the FO can do their job and somewhat achieve this.

#28 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 29, 2013 - 01:19 PM

sorry i see 0 positives from this season. Cuz all of the good things eventually got cancelled out by some bone head decisions.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#29 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 03:08 PM

You guys will be even sadder than last year if MDA remains the coach.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 29, 2013 - 03:14 PM

When KB went down the dream went down. So it was expected.

It was well before that.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,003 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 29, 2013 - 03:20 PM

No, injuries decimated us.  Finishing the season nearly 30-10(28-12) over our last 40 is something I can be happy about and be optimistic about the "what if" we got into the playoffs healthy. 

We didn't.  But what I loved about the first round was the grit heart and determination we as an undermanned group played with. 

Proud of the guys that stepped up and am looking forward to the deeper bench and hopefully re-signing Dwight.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#32 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:01 PM

It's because you accepted the season was gone before we were out. Also there weren't any real expectations anyomre after we got destroyed by injuries.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#33 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:37 PM

It was well before that.

When Pau survived the deadline? :laughing:

#34 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I feel like I just stepped out of a torture chamber.

#35 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:40 PM

I wasn't as sad as when we were swept in 2011, that's for sure. I kind of gave up on winning the whole thing or at least making noise in the playoffs after Kobe went down, and expected the Lakers to drop in 6 games. After the rest of the backcourt began dropping like flies and the Spurs proved to be healthier than reported, I basically realized the Basketball Gods just did not want the Lakers to win this year and shifted my focus to the offseason. 

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:52 AM

When Pau survived the deadline? :laughing:

When MDA started "coaching"

Pau Gasol is GONE

#37 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,524 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 06:26 AM

Need Phil to come in with his air cleansing tactics. Bad Mojo all around.

Edited by Chad, April 30, 2013 - 06:27 AM.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#38 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 30, 2013 - 07:29 AM

No, injuries decimated us.  Finishing the season nearly 30-10(28-12) over our last 40 is something I can be happy about and be optimistic about the "what if" we got into the playoffs healthy. 

We didn't.  But what I loved about the first round was the grit heart and determination we as an undermanned group played with. 

Proud of the guys that stepped up and am looking forward to the deeper bench and hopefully re-signing Dwight.

Are you serious? why do you celebrate mediocrity all the time?

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#39 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983

Posted April 30, 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm glad it's over.

I knew this was coming since February so I'm not sad nor frustrated. We were't a championship team.

Exactly, I had been saying since like the 30 game mark...this team is just not that good. The coach sure wasn't making me feel like Phil use to..."We'll get it together..by the time the playoffs hit, they'll be fine"...just never had that feeling. Even when we would win I would think this team is going to get murdered in the playoffs. Hope next year starts right and they get it together. 

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#40 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:55 AM

It was sad, up there with the 2004 season (The old heroes Karl Malone, Gary Payton, , the 2008 season (Losing to boston in the Finals) and the 2010 season where we got swept by Dallas. I would put this season right behind 2010.

That was the 2011 season. The 2010 season was the best Laker season ever imo. Getting revenge against the celtics, watching Kobe hit 7 game winners- 3 of them buzzer beaters with numerous injuries plaguing him. 2011 sucked because we didn't 3peat sure but it didn't suck as much as these last two seasons, especially this one.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users