126 replies to this topic

#81 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,288 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:56 PM

I am waiting to see what Disney does to Chris buossard.

However, I bet they will not call him courageous for speaking his mind

The only problem I have with all gays is their low birth rates. (gay coulples have a very hard time having children)

#82 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted April 30, 2013 - 04:38 PM

it's in the Bible that it's a sin 

Who gives a flying [expletive] what the bible has to say about anything?

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#83 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,093 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Who gives a flying [expletive] what the bible has to say about anything?

What's wrong with being Religious? 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#84 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:39 PM

nothing but also nothing wrong with being gay
Posted Image

#85 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:43 PM

You do realize that there are other religions other than those that follow the Judeo-Christian bible right?

Me taking issue with the bible does not = me taking issue with being religious...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#86 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Actually a lot. Bigotry. Mass Murders. Corruption. Organized religion is easily the best way to brainwash and control people. Being a Christian myself, I always upheld what I consider the second greatest gift from God, free will. Organized religion doesn't give a [expletive] about your free will as their words are absolute.

Also, being gay is not a choice. It's Genetics.

Genes are chromosomes which is what makes us male or female.

a male chromosome is XY

and a female chromosome is XX

Now with a straight man and straight woman there is a balance of XY andXX chromosomes I don’t know how many as I am not a scientist, but there is quite a lot.

However a gay man has one more XX female chromosome than that of the straight man and

a gay woman has one more XY male chromosome than the straight woman.

That is the only difference between gay people and the straight people homosexuals have one more gene than the heterosexuals nothing else, They don’t have two heads nor two hearts or any other extra features that people may say of with their nonsense stories that they stupidly believe.

Edited by KittenPuncher, May 01, 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#87 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well America is contradicting it'self. The founders formally based the constitution on the Bible/Christianity, but you are allowed to practice and be whatever you want. So obviously 200 years later we now have this problem.

By the way, if being gay was genetic...how come the number of gays/lesbians are much higher than say...10 years ago?

#88 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Well America is contradicting it'self. The founders formally based the constitution on the Bible/Christianity, but you are allowed to practice and be whatever you want. So obviously 200 years later we now have this problem.

By the way, if being gay was genetic...how come the number of gays/lesbians are much higher than say...10 years ago?

Funny you said that. I was referring to Organized Religion in general. You know, the witch hunts, the crusades, 9/11, the bombing in London. If you want numbers..

1562-1598 – French Wars of Religion – France – 4 million
1095-1291 – Crusades to the Holy Land – Middle East, Spain, Africa – 1.5 million (This does include all sides of the conflict)
1184-c. 1860 – Various Christian Inquisitions – Europe – 17,500

184-205 – Yellow Scarves Rebellion (Taoists) – China – 7 million

1300s-1521 – Human Sacrifices (Aztecs) – Mexico – 1 million
1855-1877 – Panthay Rebellion (Muslims) – China – 12 million
1971 – Bangladesh Atrocities (Islamists) – East Pakistan – 3 million 
September 11, 2007 – Terrorist attacks (Muslim Jihadists) – USA – 5,000

10 years ago? Given the bigotry and ignorance of people at that time, do you think it's safe for them to come out?

Edited by KittenPuncher, April 30, 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#89 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:14 AM

I can only wonder how far this topic can go before people start flipping out and reporting posts (don't do that, I don't want to see it).

Anyway...to touch on religion very quickly, I feel the Bible is just pages of translations passed down from one man to the next...ideas being misunderstood, people misquoted over time, etc. Can anyone prove otherwise? It's the same reason why there are multiple religions, most all based on a common "god" or creator (human or not, whatever the case).

Here's a fact: all straight people can't imagine becoming gay. That's because the attraction is not there. It does not exist.

But on the other hand, there are many gay men who you can look at...and simply know. If I were to "turn gay" tomorrow (by choice, which I don't believe can be done), what means do I go about using to change my voice? What device will I use to adjust my posture, change the way I walk, change my body type?

You don't always see physical differences, but many times, you do.

Not only that, but there are signs of it when they are young...and I know this because I was around a young kid (his parents were friends with mine) who eventually came out, and I suspected it for a long time, as I was a senior in high school while he was still a pre-teen, and just saw it.

I always hear this quote: God doesn't make mistakes. Nah, he doesn't, but there's something called "free will" that removes his hands from any and all aspects of life. Maybe you consider homosexuality a mistake, just as you would being born mentally challenged...but the point stands. God doesn't interfere with a birth that leaves a child unable to think and live a normal life, so he's not going to interfere in one that bears a child with homosexual genes.

Anyone want to explain the Mark of Cain? Don't bother...it's not clear, and left up to translation...but to further prove a point, many believed that the Mark of Cain was a darkened skin color. Check history. Some believe homosexuality. Ever read about "white and delightsome people" in the Book of Mormon?

There are so many contradictions in the Bible. It doesn't make the Bible irrelevant, but it does stir up questions to certain translations many have, and how things may have been inaccurately recorded before, and after, Christ.

#90 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,701 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:57 AM

^ Ah yes, I do remember my mother whom grew up in the south used to tell me about how some racist people would wave the bible at her and tell her it was a sin to be black.  Was that the Mark of Cain you are talking about?

And yet Jesus was said to have skin of bronze and hair of lions wool...

I often wonder if that point was brought up by those waving the bible saying it was a sin to be black back then if their heads would have exploded at the thought..

I guess that tickles me =p

Edited by Majesty, May 01, 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#91 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:09 AM

I read somewhere that for every identical twin 52% of the time the other is going to be gay.

I have identical twin cousins who are guys, and one of them is gay and is very successful. He works for Louis Vuitton as a designer, and i'm damn proud of him and glad he's living a happy life.

Not going to lie growing up you can already tell one of the twins was gay. Just the things he would do and his personality was just different. I know he came out when he was in HS and to be honest nobody was shocked, we all accepted him. I do feel bad though, because when we were kids all my cousins and I used to tell him to stop being such a "gay guy" or a "fruit. If I could I would take it all back, I already apologized to him and he said it was ok cause we were just kids.

Anyways, I have no problem with gay people and they're all people just like us. Idk about you guys, but if you ever hung around a gay person, there's not one minute where your not laughing, they always make you laugh.

Edited by Michaelyumm, May 01, 2013 - 03:10 AM.

#92 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:25 AM

87665dude-wtf-posters1z.jpg

#93 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:39 AM

^what...

#94 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:42 AM

I can only wonder how far this topic can go before people start flipping out and reporting posts (don't do that, I don't want to see it).

Anyway...to touch on religion very quickly, I feel the Bible is just pages of translations passed down from one man to the next...ideas being misunderstood, people misquoted over time, etc. Can anyone prove otherwise? It's the same reason why there are multiple religions, most all based on a common "god" or creator (human or not, whatever the case).

I love reading the Bible for inspirational purposes. I slightly agree on the theory that some of verses may have been skewed or the message has been changed over time. Thing is, it's those who are in "authority" has the final say what a specific verse should be perceived, or what it represents. Also to delve further into this. The Catholic Church created the Bible by taking various writings, selecting the ones they liked, editing them, combining them together, etc. This was done by a committee through a process of compromises. As groups broke away from the Catholic Church, they further edited it to suit their dogmas.

Edited by KittenPuncher, May 01, 2013 - 04:46 AM.

#95 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:11 AM

Bottom line is that you're gonna have to choose what you want to believe...and that includes this world in general when it comes to homosexuality. With regards to free will, it's true that we all have it and that God "allows" us to CHOOSE whatever we want to, but we all have to answer for our choices eventually.

There is no in-between though...no misinterpretation when it comes to this subject. God is explicit regarding homosexuality.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#96 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,712 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:41 AM

Great for him to come out. I don't judge people on what they do INSIDE the bedroom. Not my business. Let him him be him. We're all humans.

We shouldn't judge someone's sexual orientian.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#97 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:44 AM

it's in the Bible that it's a sin 

yea.....but I view it as just a book. The bible doesn't what I view as a "sin". I make my own decisions.

#98 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,093 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:49 AM

yea.....but I view it as just a book. The bible doesn't what I view as a "sin". I make my own decisions.

Can't get through with a Non Believer 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#99 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:53 AM

Can't get through with a Non Believer 

yea...pretty much