#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,340 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 29, 2013 - 03:12 AM

This is not a Trade Steve Nash thread.

However, in our current situation I think it is necessary to look at all available options. One option is to move Nash, but what would it be possible to get for him? He is quite old, is a defensive liability and is on a semi-heavy contract that pays him 9,3 million next season and 9,7 the season after that. On the other hand, he is still a really good at running an offense, he's among the best leaders/locker-room guys in the league.

IMO a few teams could use him. I think it would be either defensive teams that lack in scoring, like Boston or Indiana, or young teams in need of leadership, such as Sacramento and Toronto.

Boston. I know trading with Boston is a long-shot. But Boston are the one team that have pieces that complement Nash’s abilities (and limitations). They’re also paying a lot for a long time for Lee, Bass, Terry and Green and would be interested in moving some or all of them.

Indiana. They can defend, but they can’t score. Nash would solve that. Perhaps with Danny Granger and/or George Hill being the centrepiece.

Sacramento. If they’re moving to Seattle – a two hour’s drive away from where Nash grew up – I think they’d be interested in Nash. They have the most immature team in the league and have a few guys who could be included.

Toronto. He’s Canadian! It’s a no-brainer.

So what do you guys think? Is it even possible to trade Nash and get back value or should he stay in LA?

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,025 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:42 AM

in all honestly, dude could barely move this season, yes he made some clutch shots here and there. but he should retire 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,044 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:51 AM

He'll have a bounce back year next season when he's finally healthy.

Going down so early REALLY hurt him, especially in shape wise, the fact he was able to return and play at a high level after months off is pretty astounding.  But he wasn't the same Steve Nash.

Once Nash gets healthy I think he's gonna bounce back very strong next year and with a better understanding of the role we require of him,

Don't sleep on Nash.   People counting him out already I wouldn't be so sure.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:58 AM

We're stuck with him. His trade value is low right now, hes owed $9 mil 2 more years and he can barely make it through a season

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,025 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:03 AM

We're stuck with him. His trade value is low right now, hes owed $9 mil 2 more years and he can barely make it through a season

Can't we used that prevision on him? Like West Coast was talking about 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:07 AM

statistically has been in decline for about 5 seasons.  Spent time to extended time on the injured list in each of those seasons.  40 years old.  I can think of one team that would value him highly, unfortunately, he already plays for that team. 

#7 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,748 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:56 AM

Despite the lack of a nice season, I still really think Nash can do something next year for the Lakers.  Of course this is predicated on him not being a ball handling PG with 38 minutes a game.  I would love to see him play a Steve Kerr, John Paxson (but ten times better) role.  Of course, all things being equal, he will probably be playing center in next year's small ball lineup.  As far as his market value goes: no other team is going to pay over 10 percent of their payroll for his services.  To trade him, the Lakers would have to take back some putrid contract that wouldn't be good long term either.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,360 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 08:00 AM

Can't we used that prevision on him? Like West Coast was talking about 

Yeah we could, it's just more probable they use it next off-season. We gave up three draft picks to get him so I'm sure they want to try and get at least one more year out of him, hopefully more productive. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users