yo.

#2 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:50 PM

Want to guess my regret? LA hired you as the head coach over Phil Jackson. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, April 28, 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#3 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Want to guess my regret? LA hired you as the head coach over Phil Jackson. 

You guys are becoming broken records. 

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:56 PM

"If you keep saying it over and over again they'll hear us!"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:59 PM

"If you keep saying it over and over again they'll hear us!"

Everything happens for a reason. It is what it is.

yo.

#6 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Everything happens for a reason. It is what it is.

I don't believe in that personally. I get everyone is frustrated since we (or I) feel like FO has done a lot of work and here we are again, a shortened season due to exiting the playoffs much earlier than most people would have anticipated.

These message boards are just becoming irritating to read though. Every single thread has posts about how much they hate the coach. I don't care that people hate him, I just don't come here to read the same thing over and over though and I doubt I'm alone in that boat. I didn't mean to single out bfc1125roy since he's actually one of the better posters here, IMO. 

This place used to be a good place for conversation and it's becoming spam filled with how much people just hate MDA. We get it, you don't like the dude and he may or may not be here next season but just saying how much you hate him doesn't really get us anywhere on how we can make this team better.

It's not exactly constructive, IMO. That's the majority of the reason I even come here. When the team is alive and kicking I don't even come to the message boards much. It's when we're failing I like to see how people think we can improve this team. It's the reason I even joined the site in the first place. We had just gotten CP3 taken away from us and I wanted to know what else we could do to make us better since we had just been swept by the Mavs the season before. 

Anyways, there's my rant for now.

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:16 PM

Lol, my bad. I actually didn't really mean that. Guess I should've used italics or somethin'. I was sorta intending to be sarcastic and prove a point of how cliche posts of blaming MDA have become, not that they're incorrect really, just the amount of frequency upon which they appear has sorta made them, cliche. Great rant though, nonetheless, glad something from my post could inspire such passion.

yo.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:23 PM

You ask how we can make this team better, and part of the analysis is going to be to get a coach who will be able to use Kobe and Dwight productively (for an entire 82-game season), to coach defense, and to manage minutes.

After the trade deadline, we weren't going to change the roster...because we couldn't.  So it was up to the FO to get rid of D'Antoni, or for MDA to make the necessary adjustments.  That's why most of what you read was about him.

This offseason, we don't have valuable draft selections...and we don't have legitimate trading pieces.  We also don't have money to sign free agents.

So I'm not sure what you guys are expecting to hear.

#9 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:28 PM

I understand the anti-MDA stuff has become overwhelming lately. I personally was just pretty pissed due to the Lakers getting swept today and might have been excessive about it without providing more analysis (though I've backed up my criticism in the past).

In either case obviously there are problems beyond the head coach. Defense is a huge hole other than D12 and Kobe, who can't cover for the likes of Nash, Pau, and Jamison all at the same time every game. But the biggest thing imo is athleticism since you can hear coaches every single game telling their team to just get out an run, even if it isn't a textbook fastbreak opportunity. That's been the thorn in the side of the team almost every game, and it's also why the back to back record was so poor for them this season. With Kobe coming off this major injury, it's only going to hurt more unless changes are made. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, April 28, 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#10 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:31 PM

You ask how we can make this team better, and part of the analysis is going to be to get a coach who will be able to use Kobe and Dwight productively (for an entire 82-game season), to coach defense, and to manage minutes.

After the trade deadline, we weren't going to change the roster...because we couldn't.  So it was up to the FO to get rid of D'Antoni, or for MDA to make the necessary adjustments.  That's why most of what you read was about him.

This offseason, we don't have valuable draft selections...and we don't have legitimate trading pieces.  We also don't have money to sign free agents.

So I'm not sure what you guys are expecting to hear.

And I think it's fine to have that opinion of wanting to get rid of MDA. It happens to be an opinion I share BTW. But, you don't see me going in every thread and reiterating the same "GET RID OF D'Antoni" posts. Why? Because it is not really adding much.

I just think it's getting tired to see on every thread "Get rid of MDA", "MDA sucks", "SCREW YOU MDA". 

But hey, this is your message board. If you're cool with it then fine.

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:35 PM

^ I understand your frustrations, but at the end of the day, if you wanna' go that route, then really, there's tons of things most people here are guilty of posting that might be found as annoying or "adding nothing" of great significance (including myself), but tis why it's a forum. Some people certainly do it more than others & more frequently, but you can't & shouldn't let it get to you too much as long as they're not breaking any rules imo. Just do you and let others do themselves.

yo.

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's when we're failing I like to see how people think we can improve this team.

So my question is, right before the playoffs...how were we going to improve the team?

I'm legitimately just asking what you expected to read, with the trade deadline passed and July 1st so far away.  Serious question.

#13 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:55 PM

So my question is, right before the playoffs...how were we going to improve the team?

I'm legitimately just asking what you expected to read, with the trade deadline passed and July 1st so far away.  Serious question.

A bit confused. Are you asking me how we could have improved the team before the playoffs, like after we beat the Rockets time frame? I think you know I would not have much to add there but pointing out that I don't like the coach wasn't going to make the team better instantaneously, right?

Or are you saying what did I expect to see on the boards in general since the trade deadline to July 1st? I think some of the discussions have already been covered like who could we get for Pau....do we even trade Pau?

Some ones that I haven't seen yet are: Is Kobe Bryant going to be the same Kobe we all know and love? Should we amnesty him and resign him in 2014 and snag us one of those free agents that year? How on earth do we get rid of MWP if he opts in? Should we just bench his ass next season?

Sorry if I'm totally misunderstanding your question, BTW.

#14 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:05 PM

Its easy to improve a team right before the playoffs...

You see what the Spurs did???  How else did they beat us.

They went out and signed 7 time All-Star Tracy McGrady!!!

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:10 PM

A bit confused. Are you asking me how we could have improved the team before the playoffs, like after we beat the Rockets time frame? I think you know I would not have much to add there but pointing out that I don't like the coach wasn't going to make the team better instantaneously, right?

Or are you saying what did I expect to see on the boards in general since the trade deadline to July 1st? I think some of the discussions have already been covered like who could we get for Pau....do we even trade Pau?

Some ones that I haven't seen yet are: Is Kobe Bryant going to be the same Kobe we all know and love? Should we amnesty him and resign him in 2014 and snag us one of those free agents that year? How on earth do we get rid of MWP if he opts in? Should we just bench his ass next season?

Sorry if I'm totally misunderstanding your question, BTW.

There are topics for each of those in bold.  Maybe they were bumped down a bit, but I just saw an amnesty topic about Ron this morning, and there has been a topic on Gasol's future that is pretty big right now (and should be bumped up, because I saw it earlier).

But the thing is, the biggest blame will gather the most attention.  Ron came back 13 days after surgery, and fought until he couldn't play Game 4.  Gasol came back from an injury and was racking up 8-10 assists and double-doubles in points/rebounds for a bit, finally struggling to shoot once Kobe was injured.

But Mike never did change.  He never made the necessary adjustments, never did particular, noticeable things on the defensive end, and rode Kobe until the wheels fell off, then basically stuck Blake into the two-guard position (after his big games as a PG) so he could bring back an injured Nash.

With each and every game, Mike D'Antoni disappointed fans, and the players (regardless if they said it or not), and that's why he continued to receive criticism on here and in the media.

I don't like reading it either, because I want a coach who doesn't cause our fans this much grief...but I can't do anything about it, and when someone asks me what the biggest issue of the year was, I'm going to say our coach, followed by our injuries...and, unfortunately, there's a huge chance those injuries were initiated by, you guessed it, our coach, for his choice of offense and irresponsible mismanagement of minutes.

But again, Gasol and Artest topics are bumped.  We had a topic about using the Kobe amnesty, but what's the point of discussing that?  I doubt the organization would be that ignorant, and they actually brushed it off anyway (officially).  Will Kobe be back to 100% Kobe?  We don't know, but there's a pinned topic about his injury, and members have discussed that.

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:14 PM

Real Deal is simply a legend. I know it goes without saying, but I just had to say it. Apologies.

yo.

#17 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,598 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:27 PM

To all the people who are tired of reading MDA comments, what do you want us to discuss about? Do you want people to lie just for you? The guy just doesn't have it to coach this team, he has demoralized Pau since he was here, he has no idea how to make adjustments and he has a big part in Kobe's injury.
I'm not going to pass comment on Dwight because I would have loved to see him work under a real coach.
Posted Image

#18 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:29 PM

NETLORD GET OFF PAU'S JOCK ALREADY DAMN DUDE!!!!!!!

Just kidding, buddy.   :boxing:

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:31 PM

The guy just doesn't have it to coach this team, he has demoralized Pau since he was here.

To be fair, Pau had already been demoralized to some extent before MDA got here, particularly in several consecutive years in the playoffs, but yes, MDA probably made it even worse for a long while.

yo.

#20 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:35 PM

There are topics for each of those in bold.  Maybe they were bumped down a bit, but I just saw an amnesty topic about Ron this morning, and there has been a topic on Gasol's future that is pretty big right now (and should be bumped up, because I saw it earlier).

But the thing is, the biggest blame will gather the most attention.  Ron came back 13 days after surgery, and fought until he couldn't play Game 4.  Gasol came back from an injury and was racking up 8-10 assists and double-doubles in points/rebounds for a bit, finally struggling to shoot once Kobe was injured.

But Mike never did change.  He never made the necessary adjustments, never did particular, noticeable things on the defensive end, and rode Kobe until the wheels fell off, then basically stuck Blake into the two-guard position (after his big games as a PG) so he could bring back an injured Nash.

With each and every game, Mike D'Antoni disappointed fans, and the players (regardless if they said it or not), and that's why he continued to receive criticism on here and in the media.

I don't like reading it either, because I want a coach who doesn't cause our fans this much grief...but I can't do anything about it, and when someone asks me what the biggest issue of the year was, I'm going to say our coach, followed by our injuries...and, unfortunately, there's a huge chance those injuries were initiated by, you guessed it, our coach, for his choice of offense and irresponsible mismanagement of minutes.

But again, Gasol and Artest topics are bumped.  We had a topic about using the Kobe amnesty, but what's the point of discussing that?  I doubt the organization would be that ignorant, and they actually brushed it off anyway (officially).  Will Kobe be back to 100% Kobe?  We don't know, but there's a pinned topic about his injury, and members have discussed that.

Agreed.

To all the people who are tired of reading MDA comments, what do you want us to discuss about? Do you want people to lie just for you? The guy just doesn't have it to coach this team, he has demoralized Pau since he was here, he has no idea how to make adjustments and he has a big part in Kobe's injury.
I'm not going to pass comment on Dwight because I would have loved to see him work under a real coach.

No I don't want you guys to lie. I even said I agree with the sentiment that MDA needs to go. I just don't understand how repeating how much people hate him in every thread adds to the site, but alright. It's not my site anyways and I certainly wont tell you guys how to run it. You're clearly doing a great job already and I do enjoy coming here most of the time (or I would not be coming back and this convo would have never happened).

And sorry to have derailed this thread so much. I'm almost being a hypocrite in a way but I was just replying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users