50 replies to this topic

#41 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 12:18 PM

I don't have the same expectations for every player that just wouldn't be fair.... I wouldn't give a player like Jrue Holiday the Expectations of Dwight Howard or Kobe Bryant... I wouldn't give Danny Green the same expectations of Dwayne Wade either

I based my grades on what was expected from them and what role they were given.  If a player exceeds their expectations I give them a higher grade... If they don't meet their expectations I give them a lower grade...

Okay, and there's nobody on this site who had higher expectations for Darius Morris than you did, so that actually makes me question it even more.  Per 36, he produced 10/3/4, which makes him probably the 10th-best offensive player on the team...and most all players NEVER sustain their play for 36 minutes, so that's being extremely generous.  He also shot under 39%, despite a lot of open opportunities he decided to brick, and he was horrible getting to the rim and finishing.  

Defensively, he was okay...compared to Nash and Duhon.  We valued what he did on the defensive end only because we desperately needed it, at one point.  But compared to other backup PG's, he wasn't significant on that end, either.

#42 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 12:31 PM

Mike D' Antoni:  :turrible:

Kobe: A+++++++++++ (And the greatest Laker "Fan")
Dwight: F
Pau: F
MWP: F
Nash: F
Jamison: F
Meeks: F
Blake: E for Effort
Hill: F

Clark: F
Duhon: F
Goudelock: F
Morris: F
Sacre: (Teacher Comments:  Pleasure to have on Bench)
Ebanks: F

Exactly.
Nobody lived up to the high expectations except for Kobe.

#43 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted April 30, 2013 - 12:52 PM

Okay, and there's nobody on this site who had higher expectations for Darius Morris than you did, so that actually makes me question it even more.  Per 36, he produced 10/3/4, which makes him probably the 10th-best offensive player on the team...and most all players NEVER sustain their play for 36 minutes, so that's being extremely generous.  He also shot under 39%, despite a lot of open opportunities he decided to brick, and he was horrible getting to the rim and finishing.  

Defensively, he was okay...compared to Nash and Duhon.  We valued what he did on the defensive end only because we desperately needed it, at one point.  But compared to other backup PG's, he wasn't significant on that end, either.

He was great at getting to the rim ..... but horrible at finishing. He really needs to take this entire summer and retool his offensive game from the ground up. 

Defensively he was the best on ball defender we had on the team at the G position. Thats not saying a lot but it is what it is.... It was never more noticeable than when he guarded Lillard (Portland first game)and Parker(Playoffs) then the next game Nash and Meeks Guarded Lillard and Goudelock was guarding Parker. Even the "Experts" pointed that bit out. 

Edited by viktorkain, April 30, 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#44 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 30, 2013 - 12:57 PM

He was great at getting to the rim ..... but horrible at finishing. He really needs to take this entire summer and retool his offensive game from the ground up. 

Defensively he was the best on ball defender we had on the team at the G position. Thats not saying a lot but it is what it is.... It was never more noticeable than when he guarded Lillard (Portland first game)and Parker(Playoffs) then the next game Nash and Meeks Guarded Lillard and Goudelock was guarding Parker. Even the "Experts" pointed that bit out. 

You mean pg....cuz Kobe is way better. Blake is better too.

#45 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 01:00 PM

You mean pg....cuz Kobe is way better. Blake is better too.

Blake is definitely not better as was proven whenever they checked the same player and you are right Kobe when he is locked in is the best at the G position. Blake is very scrappy but not very good at keeping his man in front of him the only time I have seen anyone (Besides Chris Paul) get past Morris was coming off a screen. There have been several players that were visibly frustrated by his on ball defense and they have also had team mates set VERY HARD screens on him on purpose. Blake gets beat off the dribble all the time. 

Edited to add: I know Kobe is a SG but I tend to forget that as he is talented enough to play several positions .... Him playing the 3 would be very hard for opposing teams to deal with in my opinion. 

Edited by viktorkain, April 30, 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#46 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Okay he sucks on offense I said that what point are your trying to make here?  his role was to play defense and shoot 3's... he played good for about a month then went back to playing like crap on offense and then was removed from the rotation... I noticed he Improved his jumpshot compared to how bad it was last year and it's MUCH better and his defense is good as well.. he played his role and was okay at it... it wasn't Horrible but it definitely wasn't great either so I gave him a c

#47 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:28 AM

Blake is definitely not better as was proven whenever they checked the same player and you are right Kobe when he is locked in is the best at the G position. Blake is very scrappy but not very good at keeping his man in front of him the only time I have seen anyone (Besides Chris Paul) get past Morris was coming off a screen. There have been several players that were visibly frustrated by his on ball defense and they have also had team mates set VERY HARD screens on him on purpose. Blake gets beat off the dribble all the time. 

Edited to add: I know Kobe is a SG but I tend to forget that as he is talented enough to play several positions .... Him playing the 3 would be very hard for opposing teams to deal with in my opinion. 

Blake is the better defender. Staying in front of your man is not the only thing that matters on D. 

#48 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:56 AM

Blake is the better defender. Staying in front of your man is not the only thing that matters on D. 

I never said it was the only thing that matters but Blake is hardly a better on ball defender. This really should not even be a debate and shows how deep the hate is for this guy on our team which is again why he should leave. If you are trying to say Blake is a better at our teams set up defense then maybe but they both get lost on rotations so ..... and our team concept defense is a joke so that really would not be much of an arguing point. 

#49 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:48 AM

I never said it was the only thing that matters but Blake is hardly a better on ball defender. This really should not even be a debate and shows how deep the hate is for this guy on our team which is again why he should leave. If you are trying to say Blake is a better at our teams set up defense then maybe but they both get lost on rotations so ..... and our team concept defense is a joke so that really would not be much of an arguing point. 

Blake is a smarter and better defender. He was constantly playing better defense than Morris

#50 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Kobe: A+
Dwight: B
Pau: C
MWP: C
Nash: B-
Jamison: C+
Meeks: C-
Blake: B-
Hill: B
Clark: C+
Duhon: F
Goudelock: C+
Morris: D-
Sacre: D (A for celebrations while on the bench lol)
Ebanks: F

#51 J2theR_LAL

J2theR_LAL

Rookie

• 298 posts
  • Name:Ismael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq.

Posted May 03, 2013 - 09:03 PM

my grades for the 2012-13 season:
Kobe: A+  :81: 

Dwight: B
Pau: D+
MWP: F+
Nash: C+

Jamison: D+
Meeks: D
Blake: C-
Hill: B-

Clark: C+
Duhon: F-
Goudelock: D+ 
Morris: D+
Sacre: A+ sign this guy to a max.  :rap: 
Ebanks: who?

Edited by J2theR_LAL, May 03, 2013 - 09:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users