50 replies to this topic

#21 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 3,765 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 01:39 AM

Kobe: A+ (historic season for a veteran in his 17th year) 
Dwight: B (injuries limited him, but still a clear upgrade from Bynum)
Pau: B- (stepped it up when finally put into the post)
MWP: D (couldn't play defense or knock down 3's -- his only 2 roles)
Nash: C (one of his worst season since his time with the Mavs, needed to be more offensively aggressive, but good shooting %)
Jamison: B- (struggled initially but found his role offensively as the year progressed, but still played matador D)
Meeks: C+ (hit 3's at his career average % but should have been more effective offensively given the defensive attention on the stars)
Blake: A- (injured for a good chunk of the year, but came back and did what he was supposed to do)
Hill: A- (one of the few to play with hustle and heart out there this season)
Clark: B+ (great surprise, fit into a starting role quickly and improved his 3 point shot, but his off ball movement fell off toward the end)
Duhon: F (played like a 2nd 39 year old PG)
Goudelock: N/A (didn't watch enough to make a judgement)
Morris: D- (D league player, but at least tried hard while Nash and Blake were out so won't give him an F)
Sacre: D+ (+ for being a solid cheerleader on the bench)
Ebanks: F (doesn't deserve a roster spot)

#22 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 735 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96

Posted April 29, 2013 - 02:00 AM

Kobe: A++
Dwight: B
Pau: C
MWP: D
Nash: C+
Jamison: C
Meeks: C-
Blake: B
Hill: B-
Clark: C
Duhon: F
Goudelock: C
Morris: F
Sacre: Incomplete
Ebanks: See me

#23 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,959 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted April 29, 2013 - 02:39 AM

Kobe: A+++++++++++++
Dwight: B-
Pau: C+
MWP: F---------------------------------------
Nash: C
Meeks: C
Blake: C
Hill: C
Morris: F-
Sacre: F-
Ebanks: F-

Staff

Mike Brown F-

---------------------------

Mike D'Antoni F-

This team is a Abomination.

Edited by Chad, April 29, 2013 - 02:46 AM.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#24 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,933 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 29, 2013 - 05:44 AM

Kobe: A
Pau: B
MWP: D-
Nash: C
Jamison: B+
Meeks: D
Blake: C+
Hill: D
Clark: C
Goudelock: D
Sacre: D
Ebanks: F

edit: The F's and D's have got to go. Except Sacre. I just like having him there yelling.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 29, 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#25 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,446 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:02 AM

Nash: B-
Kobe: A+
MWP: C-

Blake: C-
Meeks: D+
Jamison: C-
Sacre: A+

Not gonna grade the rest. Morris and Duhon are what they are, they did the best they could but they're just not good enough and they were forced into starting for a stretch of the season. Ebanks is a jamoke, Hill was injured all year.

Kobe was the only consistently good player, the only player who stayed healthy until the end of the season with that ankle injury and the Achilles (which he still played through, even shooting his free throws after tearing his Achilles). Went through some shooting slumps, but he still brought it every single night.

#26 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:09 AM

Just the players. Based on their expectations or based on whenever they were healthy....give a grade

Kobe: A  ----- A
Dwight: B ---- B
Pau: C+ ------ D
MWP: C ------- D
Nash: B- --------F
Jamison: C+ ---- D
Meeks: C- ------C
Blake: C+ -------C
Hill: B ----------C
Clark: C -------- B
Duhon: F ------- C
Goudelock: C+ - (Nothing to judge no grade)
Morris: F ------ (C can only be judged for few gms played)
Sacre: D ------ (C can only be judged for few gms played)
Ebanks: F ------ (Nothing to judge no grade)

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#27 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,676 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:38 AM

Kobe A+

Dwight B to B+

Clark B 

everybody else was complete C or lower 

Edited by True Lakers Fan, April 29, 2013 - 07:31 AM.

Posted Image

#28 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:30 AM

Kobe: A +
Pau: B
MWP: B 
Nash: D
Hill: incomplete
Clark: A + (compared to what we thought we would get, with that being said, he contributed for a month and then fell off the earth, but he is something for nothing)
Goudelock: incomplete (how can you grade a guy that isn't really on the team and played in 3 games)
Morris: D
Sacre: C
Ebanks: F -

#29 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Kobe: A-/B+ (Great season statistically, but felt he could have done more in terms of helping Dwight's transition to the Lakers)

Dwight: B (Can't give him anything higher or lower than a B, played while recovering from back surgery and also played through a torn labrum.  I'm not going to criticize the guy for the playoffs that much considering of the players he played with.  The Spurs planned around Dwight and it was apparent they did not care about any other player on the floor, does need to improve his offensive game greatly though). 

Pau: B (Battled through a lot, including a incompetent head coach who disrespected him as a player and came back from injury) 

MWP: C (Warrior but still played inconsistent) 

Nash: C (Battled injuries throughout the season and was never comfortable with a role)

Jamison: B (He was our sixth man, after going through a slow start then being benched by MDA, he proved a lot of doubters wrong)

Meeks: D (Never had a set role and tried to play outside his capabilities a lot)

Blake: B (Proved many of his haters wrong, really provided a boost once Kobe was out but was playing very well with him as well. 

Hill: B (Was that energy guy for us before he was injured)

Clark: C + / B - (Surprise of the season for the Lakers, fell off a bit and really didn't help this team down the stretch)

Goudelock: N/A

Morris: C (Became a very good on ball defender, his offensive horrible though)

Sacre: A (Great celebrations)

Ebanks: Dropped from class for lack of participation.  Will show F on his transcripts.

#30 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 29, 2013 - 08:35 AM

Kobe: A + Kobe Bryant this year has been nothing but amazing from dragging this team into the playoffs and playing at an all time great caliber player....

Dwight:C He had an okay season to me he played like a role player this whole season and didn't put the team on his back in the playoffs

Pau: D He was disappointing yet again this season... he is still not playing like a 20 million player or playing defense like a 20 million dollar player and he did not play up to his expectations

MWP: D I've been wanting this guy gone for the last 2 years he has NEVER fit in any offense we have ran and his defense is not even elite anymore he needs to go

Nash: D Steve Nash is the biggest let down we have had this season and I NEVER wanted him here to begin with... Its pretty pathetic that we pretty much turned him to a better offensively steve Blake with no defense what so ever..

Jamison: F I never wanted Antawn Jamison here either... He's old washed up and plays no defense and needs to retire and I don't want him to be a Laker anymore

Meeks: D I was kind of looking forward to meeks becoming a Laker but was soon disappointed with his frantic play his inconsistent 3 point shooting and him missing more lay ups than any other Laker player

Blake: C I will forever not like Steve Blake but anything below a C would be disrespectful because of how well he has played this season but I still want him gone and we still need a new back up PG

Hill: B Jordan HIll coming into this season and how he was playing before he went down with hip surgery was nothing less than great... He improved so much offensively... coming into this year with a more consistent mid range shot and still rebounding well with great defense....

Clark:B Earl Clark was the best thing that happened to us this season and I hope we resign him and get a coach here that will give him a DEFINITE role instead of just putting him out there

Duhon: F I hate this guy I want him gone... All he does is jack up threes doesn't play defense and is utterly pathetic as a PG he needs to retire

Goudelock: F He still hasn't shown me any reason why he should be on any NBA team.... he's undersized can't play defense and his offense doesn't overshadow how bad his defense is... I don't want this guy on the Roster AT ALL

Morris: C I had high expectations for Morris coming into this season only to be disappointed.. I never seen a player with so much potential and opportunity WASTED and misused... and he has to be the worst decision maker I've seen at the pro level.. but he does have potential of being a good defender in years to come and hopefully with experience his decision making will become better

Sacre: C  I like Sacre I didn't think he would have amounted to anything coming into this season but I'm quite pleased with what he has been able to give us in the short minutes he has played... He's showed he can defend, Rebound, and score on offense... hopefully we can turn him into a Ronny Turiaf type of player

Ebanks: F Devin Ebanks is the most useless roster spot we have I can't believe we gave this guy a contract

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,340 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 29, 2013 - 09:46 PM

47 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks and 3 steals in an NBA game.

#32 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted April 29, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Dwight: C+
Pau: B-
MWP: C+
Nash: B
Jamison: B-
Meeks: C+
Blake: A-
Hill: B+
Clark: B-
Duhon: D
Goudelock: C+
Morris: D+
Sacre: C-
Ebanks: F-

#33 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 29, 2013 - 11:52 PM

CJ...dude.  You put Darius Morris at or above everyone on the roster, aside from three players:

Kobe

Hill

Clark

That includes Dwight, Gasol, Nash, Blake, Artest, and Jamison...all players who clearly outplayed Morris.  You can argue Morris over Meeks, but only on the defensive end.  Both were horrible on offense.

When giving players grades, just like you would students, you hold them all to the same expectations and judge them in that regard.

#34 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 07:01 AM

CJ...dude. You put Darius Morris at or above everyone on the roster, aside from three players:

Kobe
Hill
Clark

That includes Dwight, Gasol, Nash, Blake, Artest, and Jamison...all players who clearly outplayed Morris. You can argue Morris over Meeks, but only on the defensive end. Both were horrible on offense.

When giving players grades, just like you would students, you hold them all to the same expectations and judge them in that regard.

If that were true and this would be objective measurements, we could just look at the players stats for the season. People would be forced to give Pau a B and they wouldn't be able to blame the Lakers problems, their financial troubles and their receeding hairlines on him. No fun.

#35 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983

Posted April 30, 2013 - 07:06 AM

Nash: B
Jamison: C+
Meeks: C+
Hill: B
Clark: C+
Duhon: D-
Morris: D+

I gotta go with Dwight as a B- because of his offense. He is a beast on D but he needs a lot of work on Offense. When we needed him to be the man against SA he just sucked on O..got frustrated..you know the rest. I think Blake was actually pretty good although some fans I notice don't like him. I feel he is a good backup and did the best he could. 

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 30, 2013 - 07:36 AM

CJ...dude.  You put Darius Morris at or above everyone on the roster, aside from three players:

Kobe

Hill

Clark

That includes Dwight, Gasol, Nash, Blake, Artest, and Jamison...all players who clearly outplayed Morris.  You can argue Morris over Meeks, but only on the defensive end.  Both were horrible on offense.

I don't have the same expectations for every player that just wouldn't be fair.... I wouldn't give a player like Jrue Holiday the Expectations of Dwight Howard or Kobe Bryant... I wouldn't give Danny Green the same expectations of Dwayne Wade either

I based my grades on what was expected from them and what role they were given.  If a player exceeds their expectations I give them a higher grade... If they don't meet their expectations I give them a lower grade...

#37 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Kobe: A+ He went above and beyond what was expected of him and left everything on the court.

Dwight: B He really did not get into game shape until later in the season and he really needs to work on his low post moves and his catching the ball in the post. Dwight really does have butterfingers. 

Pau: B- Pau had stretches where he played brilliantly and others where he played entirely to passively and seemed to complain more than he would actually play. 

MWP: D+ I am sorry but Metta has become the weakest link on this team. He is slow and old and cannot defend as well as he used to. His shot is less than inconsistent. His effort was never in question which is more than we can say for a lot of players on this team.

Nash:  I am not going to give Steve Nash a grade as I think it is unfair. He was a great player but he is well past his prime and it shows. He plays worse defense than Derek Fisher and he can no longer beat other PG's off the dribble. I say the Nash project was a failure and the team needs to figure out what they are going to do at the point. Nash will never be the same. 

Jamison: C+ Antwan played well in spurts when given the opportunity and actually carried the offensive load for this team on more than one night. The only problem I have with him is his lack of defense and knowing his man will score as much as he does in a game.

Meeks: D Streaky and Inconsistent the only thing I actually like about Meeks is that he plays hard all the time. His shot is off more than it is on which is not good for a streaky player.

Blake: B Proved to me that he can actually Start for A NBA team when given a chance to actually shoot the ball and develop a rhythm. His passing is a bit sketchy but he can stretch the floor with his shooting. 

Hill: Incomplete was injured for most of the season. He played to little in the playoffs to actually judge his performance his effort was their.

Clark: C -  He was given a lot more minutes than the other "Bench" players over the course of the season and he had stretches where he played very good ball. He also had stretches where he seemed to check out. 

Duhon: F -  Duhon brings absolutely nothing to this team on either end of the floor. 

Goudelock: C He brings outside shooting which this team sorely needs and a pretty nice floater. Watching both games for a second time Goudelock really needs to work on his ball handling skills this off season, any pressure and he either coughs the ball up or loses his handle. He also needs to work on his on ball and off ball defense as his defense is not much better than Nash's. 

Morris: C + The Lakers fans favorite player to hate. Is also the only player not named Kobe Bryant to play hard on every possession and is our best on ball defender at the G position.  He also proved against Tony Parker and the Spurs that he can get to the rim when he wants to ..... Pass in Traffic and has much better ball handling skills than everyone on the team not named Kobe or Steve Nash... The biggest knock I have for Morris is his inconsistent offensive game. If he continues to work on his shot he will be a valuable BACKUP PG for whichever team he winds up on. 

Sacre:  I wont give Rob Sac a grade as I feel like he (Like all young players) has been hindered by becoming a Laker. This is the worst team in the League for deveoping young players. I do not think he will ever be a star but I do believe he would be a good role player for the right team.... Nash made him look damn good at the beginning of the season.  He also is a very good team mate which really helps locker room chemistry. 

Ebanks: Nothing to grade him on. 

#38 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Kobe: A++
Nash: C+
Jamison: C+
Blake: B-
Hill: B
Clark: B+
Goudelock: C+

#39 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 176 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:31 AM

Personally, I'm not really understanding how anybody could get an A on this team, let alone an A+. Kobe might have his first year missing an all defensive team selection (deff SHOULD) 2005 and a guy that has been to the finals seven times already is manning an 8th seed. Offensively, nobody, but Lebron James and maybe Kevin Durant with his efficiency across the board does more for his team this season. The fact that he's logged in about 20 seasons work of competitive minutes (FIBA and NBA) makes it unprecedented, that still doesn't leave him with an A for THIS season. It's been a failure by all accounts and everybody should be held accountable

#40 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,841 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Kobe: B+