#61 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,466 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:42 PM

Oh we know you support him Majesty, come on now.

You've made it abundantly clear all season long in the Gameday thread and in countless threads in the Lakers Talk Forum.  Now that the chickens have come home to roost don't start fading away from the stance you've taken all season long.

Like I said, you have no idea whether I support him or not :)

Just because I don't pile on top of the guy, nor get amnesia about the things he asked our players when they finally start doing those things(like Pau in the post) and because I don't think they'll fire him in the off-season doesn't mean I support him. 

I'm just not joining the flock on jumping on him.   I acknowledge he could do a much better job and he has a lot of flaws.  However I don't get amnesia and act like he wasn't asking our players to do things early in the season that they didn't do till late.

IE: The reason Gasol got benched was because he refused to post.
When Gasol finally started to post people said it was cause he stopped listening to D'antoni..the very man that benched him for not posting.

So no I don't join the crowd of amnesia to pile up on top of the guy.

Whether I support the guy or not will still remain to be seen.

And my point still remains, I don't see the Lakers firing him this off-season not unless Dwight or Kobe asked for it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#62 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,983 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hilarious backtracking man - love it.

#63 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:47 PM

first and foremost....fire MDA

if this doesn't happen...nothing else will matter

#64 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hilarious backtracking man - love it.

Believe what you want. That's the last time I'll address it :)

fyi I have nothing to backtrack from :laughing:

Moving onwards

They only fire D'antoni if Kobe or Dwight asks for it.
Otherwise he's here. Deal with it.  It will make life much easier.

Sound familiar? ;)

Anyway, moving forward and looking forward.   There are a few agents we can get for the MLE, it requires letting go of Meeks, but I really don't mind that.

I stand behind what I said at the start of the thread.

Re-signing Dwight, Letting Meeks go, re-signing Goudelock, getting Webster with the MLE, signing Barbosa with the vets minimum, bringing in a defensive assistant. 

Good start, and realistically all we're gonna do outside of a "big move" which we really don't need another of.

Edited by Majesty, April 28, 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#65 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Like I said, you have no idea whether I support him or not :)

Just because I don't pile on top of the guy, nor get amnesia about the things he asked our players when they finally start doing those things(like Pau in the post) and because I don't think they'll fire him in the off-season doesn't mean I support him. 

I'm just not joining the flock on jumping on him.   I acknowledge he could do a much better job and he has a lot of flaws.  However I don't get amnesia and act like he wasn't asking our players to do things early in the season that they didn't do till late.

IE: The reason Gasol got benched was because he refused to post.
When Gasol finally started to post people said it was cause he stopped listening to D'antoni..the very man that benched him for not posting.

So no I don't join the crowd of amnesia to pile up on top of the guy.

Whether I support the guy or not will still remain to be seen.

And my point still remains, I don't see the Lakers firing him this off-season not unless Dwight or Kobe asked for it.

D'Antoni doesn't believe in posting up players, he was trying to drag Gasol out to the 3 point line, which pissed him off. I admit Pau needs to be more agressive down low but that Suns offense requires the 4 to be a stretch player. He started playing in the post again when Kobe told him to [expletive] what MDA was saying and just camp there until he got the ball, and then we saw improvements from him offensively. 

#66 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:51 PM

Majesty is in a full sprint backwards right now. :)

#67 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:56 PM

D'Antoni doesn't believe in posting up players, he was trying to drag Gasol out to the 3 point line, which pissed him off. I admit Pau needs to be more agressive down low but that Suns offense requires the 4 to be a stretch player. He started playing in the post again when Kobe told him to [expletive] what MDA was saying and just camp there until he got the ball, and then we saw improvements from him offensively. 

D'antoni stopped trying to post Gasol up at the 3 point line intentionally since the end of January.

That's where and why the problems happened, and people apparently forgot how vocal Kobe was about it, and how Gasol played dumb about it and how D'antoni constantly said Gasol was "too smart" to come up with the kind of excuses he had or to play the way he had. 

The entire reason D'antoni benched Gasol was because Gasol didn't want to share post with Dwight as a 4.  He wanted to do it as a 5, he said it. 

So D'antoni benched him and played him off the bench as a 5 which he complained about again.  

This was when people started turning on Gasol, because he complained about the post, then he got the post and complained he wasn't a center, then he became a center and complained he wasn't starting(despite the fact he wasn't gonna start over Dwight)

To me, it was amazing how people forgot all of that when Gasol finally started posting.

Fact of the matter is there is a multitude of reasons to hate D'antoni. 

But the "he forces us to run a fast offense" he hadn't since January
He "doesn't believe in posting up Pau" he told him to for the better part of a month before benching him for not doing it.

All those little things I remember and don't forget to pile on the guy. 

You can find better reasons to hate the guy, like his minutes management, his defensive assignments, his adjustments or what he lacks in them, when he decides to bench players or not. 

But "he tries to make us run a fast offense" and "he doesn't want to post Pau(bigs)" went out the window from the mid-end of January onward. 

So that's why I'm not going to hate him for that because in the second half of the season both of those things weren't happening.  And if they were we wouldn't have made the playoffs regardless of what Kobe did because everything else would have still been as out of whack as it was prior when we were losing before.  And that's why I defend when those same two excuses always come up.

Edited by Majesty, April 28, 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#68 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 688 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:03 PM

So that's why I'm not going to hate him for that because in the second half of the season both of those things weren't happening.  And if they were we wouldn't have made the playoffs regardless of what Kobe did because everything else would have still been as out of whack as it was prior when we were losing before.  And that's why I defend when those same two excuses always come up.

There's no way that post-all-star system was anything Pringles concocted. Unless we're now giving D'Antoni credit for conceding his job, essentially, to a Laker "fan" named Kobe. 

As for D'Antoni, if management can't understand how unfit Mike D'Antoni is for this team, whether it be reasons or pride, or financial concerns, we're in for some dark times ahead. I can't think of one thing, coaching-wise, he's done right on a consistent basis all season, except for giving Kobe the reigns to the team.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#69 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:04 PM

D'antoni stopped trying to post Gasol up at the 3 point line intentionally since the end of January.

That's where and why the problems happened, and people apparently forgot how vocal Kobe was about it, and how Gasol played dumb about it and how D'antoni constantly said Gasol was "too smart" to come up with the kind of excuses he had or to play the way he had. 

The entire reason D'antoni benched Gasol was because Gasol didn't want to share post with Dwight as a 4.  He wanted to do it as a 5, he said it. 

So D'antoni benched him and played him off the bench as a 5 which he complained about again.  

This was when people started turning on Gasol, because he complained about the post, then he got the post and complained he wasn't a center, then he became a center and complained he wasn't starting(despite the fact he wasn't gonna start over Dwight)

To me, it was amazing how people forgot all of that when Gasol finally started posting.

Fact of the matter is there is a multitude of reasons to hate D'antoni. 

But the "he forces us to run a fast offense" he hadn't since January
He "doesn't believe in posting up Pau" he told him to for the better part of a month before benching him for not doing it.

All those little things I remember and don't forget to pile on the guy. 

You can find better reasons to hate the guy, like his minutes management, his defensive assignments, his adjustments or what he lacks in them, when he decides to bench players or not. 

But "he tries to make us run a fast offense" and "he doesn't want to post Pau(bigs)" went out the window from the mid-end of January onward. 

And what offense exactly did he set up that put Pau on the low block? Because I sure as hell didn't see 4 out 1 in, double post, or anything of that nature. Rather Kobe had to take matters into his own hands and that's when things started to change, not because of anything MDA did. 

#70 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:07 PM

There's no way that post-all-star system was anything Pringles concocted. Unless we're now giving D'Antoni credit for conceding his job, essentially, to a Laker "fan" named Kobe. 

As for D'Antoni, if management can't understand how unfit Mike D'Antoni is for this team, whether it be reasons or pride, or financial concerns, we're in for some dark times ahead. I can't think of one thing, coaching-wise, he's done right on a consistent basis all season, except for giving Kobe the reigns to the team.

Like I said, we stopped playing the "fast pace Nash lead" offense midway through January and started letting Kobe carry the load.  That's when we beat the Jazz and the Thunder. Remember?

Like I said, you can find many reasons to hate D'antoni,  but "he's forcing his Nash-lead offense on us" and "he doesn't want to post!"  went out the window from the middle of January onwards.  So it would be pointless to hate him for those reasons which were no longer relevant in the second half of the season.   And that's basically that.  

Jerry West pretty much said what I feel.  Though I'm more critical in other places.

There's a plethora of other things you can find to hate on the guy(D'antoni) for. 

Search the forum for "Real Deal"  "D'antoni" and enjoy.  :bounce:

Edited by Majesty, April 28, 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#71 fido

fido

• 10,983 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Like watching a fish on the beach struggle to get back in the water.  Priceless.

#72 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:10 PM

Bright side is, Clark apparently wants to return here next year for less money.  So that's one financial headache we don't have to worry about(him asking for more than his worth) it's a nice starting point. 

Along with everything else I've said.

But then again I said what I felt we'll probably do at the start of this thread.  have fun :)

#73 fido

fido

• 10,983 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:12 PM

Oh I'm having a blast actually!

All the personnel moves in the world won't help.  It's all arranging deck chairs on the Titanic if D'Antoni remains in place.

#74 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:13 PM

All the personnel moves in the world won't help.  It's all arranging deck chairs on the Titanic if D'Antoni remains in place.

If you think so.

I think increasing our depth can help us a lot.

Though depth isn't everything in the playoffs if your coaching is subpar(see VDN and the Clippers)

There are moves we could make that would ease the minutes off Kobe and among other things bring our minutes down

Edited by Majesty, April 28, 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#75 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:15 PM

Moves to aquire players consistent enough that they would bring down the minutes of both Nash and Kobe.

Adding the likes of Barbosa or Webster to our bench goes a long way in terms of cutting down our guard minutes.

And that should be our priority as long as Nash is still starting and Kobe is still playing.

Edited by fido, April 28, 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#76 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:18 PM

Increasing depth will help, but MDA really needs to go.

Our roster this season wasn't shabby, but he simply couldn't come up with an offense and defense that put the team in a position to win. At that point, adjustments need to be made. 

#77 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,658 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:19 PM

All the personnel moves in the world won't help. It's all arranging deck chairs on the Titanic if D'Antoni remains in place.

Ice berg straight ahead!

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#78 fido

fido

• 10,983 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Barbosa?  Really?

Man, oh man.

#79 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,658 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Barbosa? Really?

Man, oh man.

Isn't he coming off a major knee injury?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#80 LakersCeb

LakersCeb

Rookie

• 95 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Its useless increasing depth when you have a coach who loves to use a 7 man rotation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users