Photo

D12 doesn't seem like he wants it as much. I dont even think he wants to be a Laker.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,071 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ok before the D12 fans start going crazy about this thread, if you actually watch game 4, "elimination game" and see how Dwight was acting, it seems like he doesn't want to be the man. Worst of all, I am not sure if he wants to be a laker. First of all, this is not about winning game 4. This is about having heart and having passion and even if the cards is so against us, a real super star will find a way to put his team on his back.  Taking 2 shots for the whole first half doesn;t seem like a guy who wants it that much. And not only that, having 2 technical fouls in a playoff game when the team needs him the most? Do we expect the lakers to win? Ofcourse not. But atleast go down fighting right? seems like D12 is thinking of a new city to buy his new mansion IMO. 

2 shots

2 technical fouls.

7 points

Here comes the excuses.  No shooters so D12 always double team or triple team.  Injuries and D12 not 100%.  save your excuses. This is all about heart. Not if the lakers should win or not.  The worst "superstar" performance in a playoff game in an elimination game I have ever seen.  Atleast when the Lakers was losing in the playoffs in the past, Kobe tried his heart out to put his team on his back. Sure he shoot too much to get the game back but atleast he tried. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ill reserve judgement to see where he signs. 

Laker fan for life.

#3 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Speaking from somebody who's seen a lot of blowout elimination loses, the air gets taken out of you when you get down big. Just about every playing right now on the Lakers looks like that.

We'll if that has any future implications, but that's what I've seen from every Laker whether it was game 5 against OKC last year or game 4 against Dallas 2 years ago.

Edited by Japago, April 28, 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,244 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Did he yell at Mitch on the way out?

or was he yelling back out to the ref on his way out?

Then Mitch mumbled something.

#5 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,244 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:54 PM

nvm he was yelling at mitch I was watching on TWSC thats y

#6 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:01 PM

Like I said, you can't blame ALL of it on Howard. Yes, he needs to have a little bit more composure but when you get beat up and hammered up like that on every play sometimes you have let it go of some of your emotions. The 1st tech was an obvious one but the second one was stupid. If that was Shaq getting hammered, I bet you Shaq would have push somebody to the ground. Also, Bynum's ejection was a LOT worse.

Also, Howard and Gasol are the only ones playing hard in both Game 3 and Game 4. So, I don't know where did you get he doesn't want "it."

Edited by KarlCalaguas12, April 28, 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#7 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:09 PM

Look at the position he's in. Hell this applies to the whole team. If it's this disheartening to watch, I'm sure that translates to the players playing. Not trying to make excuses, but this team as is had no chance, knew it, and played like it. 

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#8 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:12 PM

So we'll just ignore the fact that Howard averaged 20/12 on 60% shooting and nearly 3 blocks a game because of an elimination stinker? Nice reaction.

What exactly did you expect? It's hard to keep faith and go all out when half the team has been decimated by injuries, no system on either end of the floor all year long, and when you have a guy on the sideline who hasn't made a single adjustment through 3 games.

Mike-DAntoni-Playoffs_crop_340x234.jpg?1

#9 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:17 PM

So we'll just ignore the fact that Howard averaged 20/12 on 60% shooting and nearly 3 blocks a game because of an elimination stinker? Nice reaction.

What exactly did you expect? It's hard to keep faith and go all out when half the team has been decimated by injuries, no system on either end of the floor all year long, and when you have a guy on the sideline who hasn't made a single adjustment through 3 games.

dantonidumb.jpg

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#10 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Lol another one of these threads

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#11 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:32 PM

#DwightHowardIsMoreUselessThan via Twitter

Come get in on the madness  :laughing:

#12 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,738 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:34 PM

#13 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,922 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:11 PM

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#14 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Does anyone have the press conference or did that not happen

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:19 PM

Overreaction post.

#16 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hit the road Jack ,don't believe the hype, you are not as good as you are coveted. Back to the wall game and you get T'd  out, way to show leadership. Build around a guy that can't handle crunch time, get him outta here, never a Laker but a faker, whatever comes handle it like you care and mature up. this isn't he only game you bailed on this season, bub, I seen the great ones and you have a lack of character. Smart move get what you can on a s n t, and lets get busy. Way to honor Dr Buss.

#17 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:55 PM

I remember when people said this about Kobe in that elimination game versus the Suns a while back, too, when he refused to shoot in the second half.

I wonder if those same people have questioned his dedication to the franchise since then.

#18 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:43 PM

OP: In three months you'll look back at this thread and wonder what you were thinking.

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 08:50 PM

I remember when people said this about Kobe in that elimination game versus the Suns a while back, too, when he refused to shoot in the second half.

I wonder if those same people have questioned his dedication to the franchise since then.

droppin knowledge as usual. hell i remember that "kobe can't be a #1 option on a championship team" "can't win without shaq" was actually a largely believed idea back in 2005

Posted Image

#20 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Said the same stuff about LeBron only two seasons ago.

Jordan had the same criticism, and Kobe did as well.

Rule #1 for this off-season: Don't post out of emotion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users