#21 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:22 PM

I like him but its time to move on. This is business. 

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#22 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Who else is going to pay him almost 8 million next year??? No way he leaves that on the table

#23 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,609 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 27, 2013 - 11:25 PM

hes done

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#24 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,868 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 12:02 AM

He is a great person,but he is really done. He almost retired last season cause of a nerve issue. I can see him retiring after this season. Even if he opts out because he wants to sign again with the Lakers,I wouldn't sign him for longer than one year. He is in critical decline.

Impossible is nothing.

#25 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 08:31 AM

He's one of 3 candidates to be amnestied along with Kobe and Pau. Kobe is a candidate if things turn south in his recovery, and Pau is a possibility if they can't move him.

My gut says he will be the one it will be used on since I don't think anything will go south with Kobe's recovery(I hope at least) and they'll ultimately be able to move Pau.

Edited by Japago, April 28, 2013 - 08:31 AM.

Posted Image

#26 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Should be.

Love Metta, but we definitely need to move on. 

#27 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:54 AM

Majesty there are way better 3s out there than Metta. Blow the grip man. He's not good. He's done. No one wants Metta posting up. If he can't play elite defense like he used too he's useless now except for the rare occasional "on" nights he has. We don't need anymore inconsistent players.

Edited by Ham, April 28, 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,022 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 12:30 PM

Majesty there are way better 3s out there than Metta. Blow the grip man. He's not good. He's done. No one wants Metta posting up. If he can't play elite defense like he used too he's useless now except for the rare occasional "on" nights he has. We don't need anymore inconsistent players.

Name five we can get and or afford for the half-MLE or the vets minimum :) 

Aside from Martell Webster(and even then we'd be missing a bench 4 with post ability as Jordan Hill's best position is 5) who is out there that would take the MLE or the Vets minimum?

There's obviously better 3s out there.

But name 5 that we can get for the vets minimum or the MLE.   The only one that I can really think of is Martell Webster and even then we'd need them both considering our lineup and the fact Jamison is going to be gone next year. 

And you're really stretching it if you think that people here wouldn't rather see Metta playing the post at 4 than stretching the floor at 3.   Most here pretty much agrees on and understands he shouldn't be floor spacing and should attack from the post. 

One of the drawbacks of Pau starting(when people wanted him off the bench) was that it took Metta out of his best position(4) and relegated him to floor spacer.  When Metta was 4, the majority of the 3s he'd get would go to Nash or go to Clark.  That's what people wanted.   It's where he's best at and it's where he's put up his best numbers. 

It's about money at the end of the day.  And the better 3s or more consistent shooting 3s out there that could legitimately start for this team aren't gonna come here for the backend of an MLE or the vets minimum.  Only Webster would, and he'd be coming off the bench.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#29 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 01:02 PM

It is most likely the end of MWP in the league.

#30 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Kupchak needs to show him the door

#31 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:20 PM

Name five we can get and or afford for the half-MLE or the vets minimum :) 

Aside from Martell Webster(and even then we'd be missing a bench 4 with post ability as Jordan Hill's best position is 5) who is out there that would take the MLE or the Vets minimum?

There's obviously better 3s out there.

But name 5 that we can get for the vets minimum or the MLE.   The only one that I can really think of is Martell Webster and even then we'd need them both considering our lineup and the fact Jamison is going to be gone next year. 

And you're really stretching it if you think that people here wouldn't rather see Metta playing the post at 4 than stretching the floor at 3.   Most here pretty much agrees on and understands he shouldn't be floor spacing and should attack from the post. 

One of the drawbacks of Pau starting(when people wanted him off the bench) was that it took Metta out of his best position(4) and relegated him to floor spacer.  When Metta was 4, the majority of the 3s he'd get would go to Nash or go to Clark.  That's what people wanted.   It's where he's best at and it's where he's put up his best numbers. 

It's about money at the end of the day.  And the better 3s or more consistent shooting 3s out there that could legitimately start for this team aren't gonna come here for the backend of an MLE or the vets minimum.  Only Webster would, and he'd be coming off the bench.

trade? lol. metta should not be posting up when we have gasol, dwight, kobe to post up.

give up. 

metta is done. he is useless.

Edited by Ham, April 28, 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users