218 replies to this topic

#81 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I honestly dont give a [expletive] about the past, I care about the present. You completely derailed this topic by talking about getting swept by the jazz and other irrelevant things. This topic is about dwight. Haha, remember when you were making fun of pau getting swept the 1st round with the grizz, guess whats gonna happen to howard's team tonight? Im only replying because game 4 is already looking grim.

You don't want to hear of any other examples only because it contradicts what you have been saying the entire time.

Don't care about the past, huh? But you did want to talk about Gasol's role with the team in 2009 and 2010? Haha...oops.

It's a dark road ahead for ya. Jell-O's jiggling.

#82 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,759 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Are you serious with half the things you're spouting off about? Yeah, Dwight was going to will us to victory with our entire backcourt rotation injured, a D-League showcase at the 1 and 2, and against the San Antonio Spurs with a fully healthy roster and HCA. Try to post intelligibly if you want anyone to take your posts seriously.

#83 SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Ebanks jk kobe lol

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:35 PM

@LAKER A fully healthy san antonio? Last I checked they werent, TP wasnt 100% and couldnt even handle steve blake, splitter was out, and blair was out until today. Its hilarious how you people were saying dwight carried bunch of scrubs to the finals, but couldnt even win JUST ONE game vs the spurs. Hell, he decided to get not one BUT TWO techs to get himself ejected.

@Real Deal, pretty sure dwight and shaq are two different people, so I have no idea what you mean by examples, youre comparing two different players in two different eras. You're basically spewing utter irrelevant nonsense.
Brought up gasol's past because people brought up dwight's. Howard tonight: 7pts, 3/9 from the FT line, and 5 turnovers and 2 techs in ONLY 20MIN in an elimination game, GIVE THIS MAN THE MAX!

#84 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,482 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:39 PM

this guy is so irritating. you spew nonsense on these forums nothing more.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#85 SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:43 PM

this guy is so irritating. you spew nonsense on these forums nothing more.

Im sorry you dislike me and my opinions, but you realize you can just ignore me and not read my posts, right?

#86 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,974 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Im sorry you dislike me and my opinions, but you realize you can just ignore me and not read my posts, right?

no he reads your posts and is still correct.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#87 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,759 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:46 PM

@LAKER A fully healthy san antonio? Last I checked they werent, TP wasnt 100% and couldnt even handle steve blake, splitter was out, and blair was out until today. Its hilarious how you people were saying dwight carried bunch of scrubs to the finals, but couldnt even win JUST ONE game vs the spurs. Hell, he decided to get not one BUT TWO techs to get himself ejected.

Tony Parker got poked in the eye last game, and that was it. He's played every meaningful minute in this series so far, no lingering injury issues at all. They've played 14 guys in the 1st round, the only guy who didn't get any PT was Boris Diaw who recently got back surgery, and he's basically their 3rd string PF. DeJuan Blair has played in each game of this series, stop talking out of your ass. They are at least 12 deep right now, that's as close to healthy as any team will ever get.

Are you dense? I'm starting to get a little concerned by the fact that you seem to breeze right over anything that isn't to your liking. Did you see who he had on the floor with him? Did you see Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock as our STARTING backcourt in the playoffs? This is like talking to a brick wall.

#88 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,698 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:56 PM

That wasn't the point. No one wins without help, every great player needs a 2nd option if they want to have any success. I'm not denying the fact that Pau was crucial for us in our back-to-back title runs.

However, Pau Gasol has never ever led a team as the 1st option anywhere other than the 1st round. Saying that Pau led us to a championship and Finals berth (like the OP) makes as much sense as saying that Pippen led the Bulls to 6 titles. There was a clear #1 player on those teams, and it definitely wasn't Pau Gasol in either run.

Dwight led the Magic to the Finals as a first option and carried that horrid Magic team on the defensive end night in and night out. Often times he was the only one even making a concerted effort on that end of the floor. That is far more impressive than anything Pau Gasol has done in his career as a primary option.

Agreed, no one wins without help, including Kobe.  Your post seemed to suggest that Kobe was capable of it largely doing it by himself.  Glad that we agree, no one does it without help, including the guy with the biggest heart playing still today.

#89 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:03 PM

@Real Deal, pretty sure dwight and shaq are two different people, so I have no idea what you mean by examples, youre comparing two different players in two different eras. You're basically spewing utter irrelevant nonsense.
Brought up gasol's past because people brought up dwight's. Howard tonight: 7pts, 3/9 from the FT line, and 5 turnovers and 2 techs in ONLY 20MIN in an elimination game, GIVE THIS MAN THE MAX!

Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard are "two different people" as well, and especially two different players, Gasol much more finesse than most big men in NBA history...so why did you want to compare them?

Ah, you only wanted to when it was to benefit you, lol.  Of course.

#90 SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Tony Parker got poked in the eye last game, and that was it. He's played every meaningful minute in this series so far, no lingering injury issues at all. They've played 14 guys so far in this first playoffs series, the only guy who didn't get any PT was Boris Diaw who recently got back surgery, and he's basically their 3rd string PF. DeJuan Blair has played in each game of this series, stop talking out of your ass. They are at least 12 deep right now, that's as close to healthy as any team will ever get.

Are you dense? I'm starting to get a little concerned by the fact that you seem to breeze right over anything that isn't to your liking. Did you see who he had on the floor with him? Did you see Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock as our STARTING backcourt in the playoffs? This is like talking to a brick wall.

Haha, yea I meant diaw, not blair, the shock from people thinking howard is good offensively got me a little confused and affected my very informative and correct posting. But seriously, spotlight was on dwight and he didnt deliver, not only that, he also [expletive]ed this game up. Throwing an extra defender or two on him resulting in a shutdown is a poor excuse, if he was a smart player he'd expect those and find an open man. But looking at his regular season assist average(1.4) he never took advantage of that.

#91 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,974 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:05 PM

not very long now. ..

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#92 SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard are "two different people" as well, and especially two different players, Gasol much more finesse than most big men in NBA history...so why did you want to compare them?
Ah, you only wanted to when it was to benefit you, lol. Of course.

Only difference is pau pitched in and got chips, while d12 likes to brick FTs, consecutive turnovers, and likes to get himself ejected in an elimination game. Hey, now I can say this, d12 as #1 option got his team swept in the first round. Guess he's the new grizzlies pau gasol.

#93 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:17 PM

Only difference is pau pitched in and got chips, while d12 likes to brick FTs, consecutive turnovers, and likes to get himself ejected in an elimination game. Hey, now I can say this, d12 as #1 option got his team swept in the first round. Guess he's the new grizzlies pau gasol.

Dwight as a first option already got to the Finals.

Try again.

#94 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,482 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:19 PM

What part of he had a D-League backcourt do you not understand?

#95 SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Dwight as first option got us swept by the spurs.
Pau couldve led his team to the finals IF he was in the east, too bad he was too busy with kobe getting us chips.

#96 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,482 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:24 PM

This guy should get banned for trolling

#97 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:28 PM

Dwight as first option got us swept by the spurs.
Pau couldve led his team to the finals IF he was in the east, too bad he was too busy with kobe getting us chips.

It's funny, wasn't there a conversation in here about players not winning without help?

You're going to tell me that Dwight Howard was a #1 option surrounded by talent? I know you're not so whats your point?

You dislike Howard obviously and you let that cloud the positives about him and you focus on the negatives.

#98 SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:39 PM

It's funny, wasn't there a conversation in here about players not winning without help?

You're going to tell me that Dwight Howard was a #1 option surrounded by talent? I know you're not so whats your point?

You dislike Howard obviously and you let that cloud the positives about him and you focus on the negatives.

his negatives FAR OUTWEIGHS his postives, in fact he only has two, Defense, and drawing extra defender(s), he fails to take advantage of the second, though. Don't give me that bull, he had pau, AJ, Clark and duhon who was shooting decent from the 3pt line. I don't even know him personally, how can I dislike him?

#99 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hey, now I can say this, d12 as #1 option got his team swept in the first round. Guess he's the new grizzlies pau gasol.

Kobe, as a first option, was swept by the Mavericks.

Shaq, as a first option, was swept by the Jazz, Spurs, and Rockets.

LeBron, as a first option, was swept by the Spurs.

Your move! Game's almost over.

#100 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,033 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:42 PM

Kobe, as a first option, was swept by the Mavericks.

Shaq, as a first option, was swept by the Jazz, Spurs, and Rockets.

LeBron, as a first option, was swept by the Spurs.

Your move! Game's almost over.

:clap2:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users