Biggest needs in off-season: fast PG, athletic SF and a 6th man

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Tax-paying teams don't have the full MLE.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,042 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Majesty? Say get rid of Metta? Lol

I said you'd only get rid of Metta if you got a suitable replacement that's going to START and also get someone to replace Jamison(who is gone).

Keeping Metta means we don't have to go searching for another bench forward and we can focus more on our guard situation off the bench and the only wing spot we'd need to fill is the 3(Webster takes care of that)

We can't let Metta go while Jamison walks because then we'd have to focus on getting a new bench 2, a new bench 3, and a new bench 4. 

Would rather Metta come off the bench at 4, and for us to sign Webster at the 3.  Then we can focus on other things.  But if we let Metta go, while also losing Jamison, it's gonna be a longer process of bringing in new guys to fill the void while ALSO needing to sign a starter caliber player.

And all this when all we have is the MLE and veterans minimum to offer... we'd basically be screwed.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:05 PM

What about Chris Douglas Roberts? I would look to to sign him and Goudlock because they are cheap. Get MARTEL WEBSTER. we need his size and shooting at the three or Dorrell Wright if available. Hopefully Metta opts out and resigns for cheaper so we can use him as backup 4 and Hill as backup 5. I don't know about Gasol because i don't want to trade him for bad contracts especially with free agency of 2014 looming. I wouldn't trade unless you could get a steal for him. If Nash can stay healthy and Steve Blake we won't need another guard. 

Edited by Holden_Magroin, April 28, 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#44 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 876 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:18 PM

What about Chris Douglas Roberts? I would look to to sign him and Goudlock because they are cheap. Get MARTEL WEBSTER. we need his size and shooting at the three or Dorrell Wright if
available. Hopefully Metta opts out and resigns for cheaper so we can use him as backup 4 and Hill as backup 5. I don't know about Gasol because i don't want to trade him for bad contracts especially with free agency of 2014 looming. I wouldn't trade unless you could get a
steal for him. If Nash can stay healthy and Steve Blake we won't need another guard.

Yeah I just said this in another thread. CDR is another cheap option to look at. He would give us some much needed size and athleticism at the SG spot and can play SF as well. We really need to dig in the bargain bins this off season because we don't have much to play with money wise. I also would look to use the MMLE on Martell Webster, Dorell Wright or Corey Brewer. We really lack athleticism and defense on the perimeter and need to address it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users