Photo

Anyone still believe in now or the immediate future?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,304 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 27, 2013 - 02:20 PM

So youre in favor of no major changes to our roster because you expect completely different results next year?

:facepalm:

With a team whose core is already old and been injured most of this year.  This is NOT going to get better with time.

Debbie Downer

#42 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,769 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted April 27, 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'll never believe in this team again as long as Pringles & Jim Buss are around to [expletive] things up...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#43 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Dwight Howard: Mitch, I will not resign with the Lakers if Mike D'Antoni returns as head coach this coming season

#44 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,867 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Until D'Antoni is gone things will continue to slide.

#45 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:03 PM

I have faith in this team next season with a few adjustments:
1. Get rid of MWP and replace him with an athletic shooter/slasher
2. Replace deadweight bench players (Ebanks, Duhon, etc) with decent role players
3. Replace guys like Jamison and Meeks with young guys that can create shots
4. And, of course, re-sign Dwight

First off I agree with all you said above. But thats not small changes. Thats 6 major roster changes you listed. SIX. Thats not a few tweaks thats a huge shift. Thats 40% of the 15 player roster flipping. And I dont wanna be the negative Debbie Downer but thats "assuming" Kobe comes back and is still gods gift to basketball.I even said a little prayer for him but tbh the odds are not in his favor. And then we need to get a coach. This is a MAJOR shift regardless of what direction we move in.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#46 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:29 PM

First off I agree with all you said above. But thats not small changes. Thats 6 major roster changes you listed. SIX. Thats not a few tweaks thats a huge shift. Thats 40% of the 15 player roster flipping. And I dont wanna be the negative Debbie Downer but thats "assuming" Kobe comes back and is still gods gift to basketball.I even said a little prayer for him but tbh the odds are not in his favor. And then we need to get a coach. This is a MAJOR shift regardless of what direction we move in.

I wouldn't call these ideas major, at least not all of them. First, re-signing Dwight isn't a radical move. Also, I understand that we won't be able to replace guys like Ebanks for godly players. All I would be looking for at the end of the rotation would be guys that are capable of filling in for a few minutes. I mean, be honest, everybody's first thought when a guy like Ebanks or Duhon is checking into the game is that it should go over about as well as hurricane Katrina. At least get guys that we won't cringe over.

#47 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:32 PM

But anyways, how quickly do you all think Dwight will make his decision this offseason? I hope it's quick so that the front office can build the team accordingly.

#48 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,867 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:36 PM

Dwight will entertain offers and get flown around the country.  All the big free agents do.  It's their one time (usually) to get the highest class treatment from all teams.

After about a month of that I surmise he'll re-sign.  I'm hoping he tells management that he won't come back unless Pringles is on Mars.

#49 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,349 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 27, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Everyone ignores the 2014 plan. I guess they WANT Jim Buss to be an idiot. I think he was fair to Kobe by improving the roster significantly. D'Antoni is Kobe's childhood idol and Kobe has respect for him.

#50 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Kobe wanted Phil.  Don't pretend otherwise.

#51 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,217 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Dwight will entertain offers and get flown around the country. All the big free agents do. It's their one time (usually) to get the highest class treatment from all teams.

After about a month of that I surmise he'll re-sign. I'm hoping he tells management that he won't come back unless Pringles is on Mars.

He's going to flirt with teams. The question will the Lakers comply with his wishes?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#52 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 27, 2013 - 10:25 PM

He's going to flirt with teams. The question will the Lakers comply with his wishes?

If they are smart, they will.

#53 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,768 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 27, 2013 - 11:27 PM

Being down 0-3 to the Spurs with Metta, Nash, Blake, Meeks and Kobe out i think the "now" is pretty much out the window, unless of course the Lakers manage to pull off the greatest playoff-comeback in history. 

I do believe in the immediate future, though. But it all comes down to Dwight. If he decides to leave town for Houston, i think the only thing to do is to have a fire-sale and try to bottom out next season and have a high draft pick (Wiggins?) and 50 million in cap-space in the summer of 2014. 

I hope it doesn't go there, because i do think this team is capable of winning - the Pau-Dwight 2-man game really is difficult for teams to handle (if they're surrounded by the right people). We've just been plagued by injuries to such a degree that it has resulted in further injuries.

I also think there are many ways to improve the team this offseason, the first change being centered around the coaching situation. I also think we need to look at trading everyone not named Dwight or Kobe.

#54 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 12:04 AM

This is the new NBA, you cant just outbid players, history doesnt mean jack...guys are looking to team up with other all stars theres very few guys willing to take a chance on a rebuilding team without help besides them hoping it would pay off...Wade is someone who comes to mind he stuck through 08/09...Amare is another when he went to the Knicks in 2010, Melo came after

We need Dwight to 1st accept that it is his team now and its up to him to bring guys over...hopefully its not the other way around where he's looking to jump ship. But he needs to understand next year we're not gonna be a title contender and we're gonna make moves in a manner that will set us up as a championship contender from 2014 and after so he needs to be patient.....all of this would be un-Dwight like because hes been impatient, he has a short sighted view and he rarely accepts responsibility and wants the fun way out

Edited by MDI, April 28, 2013 - 12:05 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#55 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,768 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 02:57 AM

This is the new NBA, you cant just outbid players, history doesnt mean jack...guys are looking to team up with other all stars theres very few guys willing to take a chance on a rebuilding team without help besides them hoping it would pay off...Wade is someone who comes to mind he stuck through 08/09...Amare is another when he went to the Knicks in 2010, Melo came after

We need Dwight to 1st accept that it is his team now and its up to him to bring guys over...hopefully its not the other way around where he's looking to jump ship. But he needs to understand next year we're not gonna be a title contender and we're gonna make moves in a manner that will set us up as a championship contender from 2014 and after so he needs to be patient.....all of this would be un-Dwight like because hes been impatient, he has a short sighted view and he rarely accepts responsibility and wants the fun way out

Look, if Dwight stay in LA there is a good chance other guys will try to get here. I also think that it's possible to contend next season, but it will take a few hard decisions and a few moves along the way.

Kobe will be back at around christmas. 

Nash, Pau, Meeks, Hill and Blake are trade assets. 

Metta has to go via Amnesty and MDA needs to be replaced as well. 

#56 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:07 AM

Time to rebuild. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#57 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:18 AM

Forget CP3.  When has a 5'11" point guard ever won a championship?? He may not even get out of the first round this year with a great team. I think something big is going to happen due to Kobe missing half the season. I think LA will have no reguard for anyone while making deals this summer. Nash could end up in Toronto. MWP could end up in NY. Pau could end up in Atlanta. who knows!!! If there is a chance Kobe will be out the entire season he cold be Amnestied and brought back the following year for 10 mil.......I think Buss and Mitch are going to do their best to put together the best 80 million dollar team possible and get draft picks and really do it for Jerry

Edited by lakersince75, April 28, 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#58 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,937 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:57 AM

Forget CP3.  When has a 5'11" point guard ever won a championship?? He may not even get out of the first round this year with a great team. I think something big is going to happen due to Kobe missing half the season. I think LA will have no reguard for anyone while making deals this summer. Nash could end up in Toronto. MWP could end up in NY. Pau could end up in Atlanta. who knows!!! If there is a chance Kobe will be out the entire season he cold be Amnestied and brought back the following year for 10 mil.......I think Buss and Mitch are going to do their best to put together the best 80 million dollar team possible and get draft picks and really do it for Jerry

Kobe is going to be back by the season opener this year :smh:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#59 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:33 AM

If they are smart, they will.

this. but the FO being smart has been in question as of late so I worry.

Kobe will be back at around christmas. 

We HOPE. It would be a great Christmas Present to see mamba have his comeback game on Christmas Day!

Time to rebuild. 

Its what I'm leaning toward. Around D12 as the center of course. And hope KB can come back and still be a threat for a few seasons to help us sustain while we get acquisitions. 

Spot on about CP3. Post has insight and knowledge. Nobody can grasp the possibility of Kobe being amnestied for financial reasons and saving cap. Its strategical not for the same reason we would amnesty a bumb.

Kobe is going to be back by the season opener this year :smh:

We wish. Never gonna happen.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#60 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,937 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:37 AM

this. but the FO being smart has been in question as of late so I worry.

We HOPE. It would be a great Christmas Present to see mamba have his comeback game on Christmas Day!

Its what I'm leaning toward. Around D12 as the center of course. And hope KB can come back and still be a threat for a few seasons to help us sustain while we get acquisitions. 

Spot on about CP3. Post has insight and knowledge. Nobody can grasp the possibility of Kobe being amnestied for financial reasons and saving cap. Its strategical not for the same reason we would amnesty a bumb.

We wish. Never gonna happen.

Don't doubt the Mamba. 

Remember when Dwight Howard was gonna be out till January? ;) 

Kobe will be back last week of pre-season at earliest, Christmas game at latest.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users