Photo

Anyone still believe in now or the immediate future?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,933 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:36 AM

Rambis just said something that meant the Lakers are the new Clippers. Process that.

From how the Spurs toyed with us after game 1 I knew we were finished.

SA may allow us to win game 4. That way they go back to SA and close it out on their HC and make a few million dollars in attendance. Networks make a few hundred mill off ads.

Other than the mass of trade/roster suggestions I think its about to get quiet here. Everyone is still giving the same old roster suggestions they have become accustomed to. Still have not figured out we are in 100% un charted territory with a new owner. Forgive me but Jerry is gone. Hes not there to monitor and Kobe just had surgery on the worst injury possible. His input and influence value has decreased to pretty much nothing. Other than nostalgia reasons Jimmy has no reason to please KB at the moment. I expect Mitch to be the next to depart. They will make it seem as if he left on his own accord but I have a feeling behind the scenes its more bitter than amicable. Its been more about cleaning house of the old regime and starting anew. Otherwise PJ would be here and Kobe may not be injured. And well......that limits the boss.

I basically view the Lakers as a expansion franchise with a long history. Things are very different in todays world of over information. Except that as a fact or choose not to because of the same old tired excuses and reasons that have surrounded the Lakers franchise for decades. But over the next year or so the new reality will become more acceptable.

Ill still be here but things are about to get culture shock crazy.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 27, 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#2 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:43 AM

They will suffer greatly if they try to win a championship next year, such as trading Pau for someone with a long term contract, etc etc. But they have basically all of their relevant contracts coming off the books after next season, going into a very deep draft as well as a historic free agent class.  They will have the chance to fix things after next season.  If they are foolish, and try to build an immediate winner (that won't win), they will set the franchise back probably a decade.  

#3 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:47 AM

right now it was over as soon as Kobe went down.

future always bright for Lakers so re-up will occur = just not sure if it will be immediately. but the "new Clips" = 4get that bullsheet they are not gonna suffer decades of 0 titles in future no way.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#4 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,982 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:57 AM

Jim has been in control for awhile. He's done some good. But, I really do question anybody that has allowed the season to unravel like this. I think the Lakers could've competed this season had the FO made the right moves. Hiring D'Antoni was the wrong move. Kupchak waiting until Nash got back to evaluate the team was idiotic. Pau should've been moved ages ago.

What the Lakers do next year depends on if Dwight Howard comes back or not. He's a superstar you can build a championship team around. If he does, the Lakers try to do what they've been doing for one more year: compete now while keeping cap space open for 2014. It'll be hard, but they'll try. If not, the Lakers will go into full rebuilding mode. They won't do anything for next season, and allow money to come off the books. They can use that cap-space to try and attract multiple FA to play with each other or use it to take in money and load up on draft picks.

We'll see. Everybody had these same doomsday thoughts about the Lakers last season when everybody thought they were going to cut payroll. That didn't happen, but the Lakers did a poor job trying to win now by making the wrong roster moves(other than the Dwight trade) and hiring the wrong coach.

Posted Image

#5 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:00 AM

I think Lakers win Game 4 and lose in 5. But I believe in next year. Sign Dwight back, the whole team must get healthy. Kobe comes back strong. Let go of Meeks/Artest, sign D-League MVP to replace Meeks. Get some other shooters, and if we can trade Pau for a athletic big or a wing man do it, if not keep him. And Nash and Howard get healthy. BANG we are back in business. Hopefully.

Posted Image

#6 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:03 AM

I think a lot of you guys are thinking short term.  The Lakers really need to take next season off and start fresh with a ton of money.  Other than that, they are putting band aids on to something that requires surgery.

#7 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,982 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:10 AM

I think a lot of you guys are thinking short term.  The Lakers really need to take next season off and start fresh with a ton of money.  Other than that, they are putting band aids on to something that requires surgery.

That's why I think the Lakers would try to improve without taking on any long-term money.

It'll be hard, since Pau doesn't really have much value other than being an expiring contract. Teams that trade for him being an expiring contract will want the Lakers to take in a long term contract.

Hopefully the Lakers can get players whose contracts also expire next season.

Edited by Japago, April 27, 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Posted Image

#8 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:14 AM

mitch_zps50c40740.gif

Kupchak_original_zpsbb98dc05.gif

Edited by TheOriginalCZM, April 27, 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#9 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,489 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:16 AM

We can fix the problems we have, honestly one of the main reasons why we sucked so badly was cause of injuries. No one was healthy all year. This team shouldn't even be in the playoffs because of the injuries.  They still made it. They just have to get healthy over the off-season and make some tweaks like getting rid of Meeks/Artest and getting some real shooters. Also I would love to get rid of Mike D but I doubt it.

Posted Image

#10 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,489 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:16 AM

"How can I get Lebron without giving up Kobe and Dwight"

Kupchak_original_zpsbb98dc05.gif

Posted Image

#11 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,674 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:25 AM

I believe in a sweep lol. 

Posted Image

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,977 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:35 AM

I think what the Lakers are going through is COMPLETELY different than the Clippers.

Fans forget that this team had expectations because they assembled a very nice collection of players, can't say the Clippers ever did before CP3 came to town.

The Lakers spent the money to win, the Clippers never did that before CP3.

The front office put the effort in to keep the Lakers winning, Clippers didn't do that before CP3.

The players were there, it was just a mix of them that could not find a nice rhythm because of system issues, injuries, and two specific alpha dog players struggling to learn how to play together. There's other issues as well such as coaching, age, etc but to sum in up, this Lakers team failed to live up to expectations... Something the Clippers never had.

As for the future, it's pretty unknown. Will they become the Clippers? Take a step back and really think about how foolish that sounds. This ownership will still spend money, not over the top because the CBA really screws us in that department but money will still be sent. Will Jim Buss put his ego aside to add some basketball minds around him? Sure there's that chance. He can grow as an owner now that his father isn't there to give him a security blanket anymore.

This offseason will be very interesting, it will give us a sense of direction that the Lakers could be going but my guess, they'll continue to be the Los Angeles Lakers.

#13 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think Lakers win Game 4 and lose in 5. But I believe in next year. Sign Dwight back, the whole team must get healthy. Kobe comes back strong. Let go of Meeks/Artest, sign D-League MVP to replace Meeks. Get some other shooters, and if we can trade Pau for a athletic big or a wing man do it, if not keep him. And Nash and Howard get healthy. BANG we are back in business. Hopefully.

I hate to say this being a very big Nash fan but looking at his play this year I really think its time for him to hang it up. Even when he was healthy he has lost what made him great he no longer has the speed to get around a good defender and He no longer has the magical water in Phoenix to keep father time at bay. No matter who we played this year Nash just looked...... Old. He is going to be 40 by the time next season starts and the injuries he have are never going to be 100% he has a bad back and a bad hip this will always be a concern for him and the team. It is really time for him to have some dignity and just retire for the benefit of his team. 

Kobe will not come back blazing out the gate ... he tore his Achilles tendon this is the same injury that has made Billups less than half of what he was for Detroit and the same Injury that forced Isiah Thomas into early retirement at 32. If anyone can come back from this type of Injury its Kobe Bryant but lets not act like its a minor injury. 

I also agree with letting Meeks and MWP go but I would trade Gasol for young 3's and 4's that could actually shoot. Howard we keep no question. 

#14 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:54 AM

[expletive]. I'll start believing when we get rid of this coach.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#15 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 2,746 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:56 AM

For now I just wish a healthy next season. Big Wolf Howard on the board, and Kobe coming off the injury with a rested body. After that it'll be whoever is available. Cut MDA, amnesty Metta and trade Pau. I don't think Howard would want to wait for 2014 FYI. He'd rather bolt to Houston or Dallas overseeing some 30 something million for loss. I wouldn't blame him. This season has been a joke. And we have serious problems. However, I do think we will make the necessary additions.

#16 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 08:04 AM

CP3 is a free agent this summer.  We can always pray that the Grizz beat them, he realizes that he'll never win with the Clippers as long as OKC exists and moves down the hall to the Lakers to play with Dwight.

#17 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,933 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 27, 2013 - 08:13 AM

I believe in a sweep lol. 

that was just funny dude. cuzz its against us and it sux. I lmao. thanx

#18 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 359 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 27, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Mike Dunleavy = Mike D'antoni?

I can see that

Jimmy Buss = Donald Sterling??

uh oh

#19 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,858 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted April 27, 2013 - 08:34 AM

I wish we could see what would happened if we got Chris Paul or if Kobe didnt went down with this achilles..

man it all is just so shameful and I could really cry of us not seeing us in the west.finals or finals..damn..

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#20 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,759 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 27, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Our starting lineup is top heavy and already taken care of.   The bench is going to be taken care of in the off-season.  The most important thing is staying healthy next season above all else.

We'll be fine so yeah I definitely have belief and faith in this team.   Especially as long as we still have Kobe,

I've always liked Steve Blake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users