21 replies to this topic

#21 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 01, 2013 - 12:06 PM

This shut down is due to your system overheating because the cooling system i.e. the heatsink radiator and cooling fan is caked with dust particles.I Have a PCG-GRZ570 which had the same problem and was rectified by a good clean-out - it now works like the first day i got it.

The shutdown is a safety shut feature when yr machine gets to an unstable temperature and will cause damge to surounding chips if not rectified.The memory sockets are also known to give in, due to this heat build up, resulting in the machine failing to boot up.

To clean the system out you need to strip the laptop, and remove the fan housing, cpu, and heatsink.This must be done rather than using compressed air to blow out the dust.

If you need more information on how to do this, let me know.

http://forums.cnet.c...-vaio-shutdown/

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#22 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted June 05, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Figured out why the computer kept getting BSoD with physical memory error. I'm setting up a new windows 7 desktop for my dad. (It's an old computer). When I try to install the linksys cd adapter to connect to our wifi, it didn't work. So I had to go into CONTROL PANEL -> Drivers -> Right click on the linksys adapter and upgrade driver via cd. Gave me the BSoD. Reformatting again. Looks like I threw away the other computer for nothing  :smh:

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users