Photo

Why is it such a lock that D12 will re-sign with the Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,332 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:35 AM

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he keeps on giving me bad thoughts. I know alot of you guys don't like Colin and he is a known Kobe hater but there are things he said that does make sense.  Why is it such a lock that Dwight will resign with the lakers?  First of all the Lakers was never his first choice anyway. Secondly, he have a chance to go back home to Atlanta. Third, the Lakers situation and future is such a mess so why would he stay on a team that have old inured players with a coach nobody likes and a boss that is still learning on the job?  Colin said he should go to houston. It is a better career choice for him.  Even Scott Van Pelt and Rosillo agrees. Do you agree?  I know D12 do worry about what people think and it will be a PR hit on him if he leaves but what if he doesn't care what people think anymore and leave? Lakers no Dwight.  Scary.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:39 AM

I wouldn't want to play for MDA

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:39 AM

dwight to houston, and i dont mind. his choice weirdos

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#4 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:41 AM

- More guaranteed money and years (crucial after coming off back surgery)

- He will be the face of the franchise in a few years, the team will be built to maximize his talents (coaching, personnel, etc.)

- We will have major cap space in 2014 to make a run at a nice free agent class (big markets capitalize on these opportunities)

- Stigma from leaving two franchises in back-to-back years would be tough to swallow, his reputation would take a major hit

- We're in Los Angeles, which is far and away a MUCH better location than any other destination this summer

- Endorsements in LA trump anything he would get in other locations

It's not so easy to walk away from a big market team, especially not the Lakers. There are too many factors working in our favor, I never really thought Dwight leaving after this season as a distinct possibility at all. This isn't 2K where even teams like Milwaukee and Detroit can snag superstars in free agency. It doesn't happen like that in real life. I have never seen a bonafide superstar in his prime leave a big market team to join a small one. Never. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

#5 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,326 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:45 AM

I thought it was a lock b4 Kobe tore achillies. Now I have no idea.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,859 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Dwight is 27 years old, and only the Lakers can offer him the fattest contract. Money talks.

But despite the money, dude is finally getting a taste of what the Lakers will be like with him as the franchise player, and even though we're losing, i bet it's awesome. It helps that Mitch and the rest of the Lakers organization have publicly stated that he is our future, and that we are willing to build around him.

Nothing is a lock, but why would he move out of LA? To ATL, who his best friend and Atlanta native Josh Smith said was the WORST sports town... hell no. Dallas? Houston? Their situations are just as bad as LA, except they didn't have their best player go down right before playoffs AND their offers are 20+ million less then what LA can.

2div

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,332 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:46 AM

It's not so easy to walk away from a big market team, especially not the Lakers. There are too many factors working in our favor, I never really thought Dwight leaving after this season as a distinct possibility at all. This isn't 2K where even teams like Milwaukee and Detroit can snag superstars in free agency. It doesn't happen like that in real life. I have never seen a bonafide superstar in his prime leave a big market team to join a small one. Never. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

You talking about the video game?  That is so true. Lebron is playing for the Milwualkie Bucs right now for my 2k13 LOL.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#8 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,180 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Only team I'm worried bout is Houston.

#9 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,304 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:49 AM

As we all know with the CP3 fiasco, nothing is a lock until Howard signs on the dotted line.

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:50 AM

its not a lock at all. Just homers and fan boys that believe its a definite D12 resigns. Personally I dont even think its likely.

Why did he come here in the first place? He came here to play w/ KB and win a chip. Its more than probable KB is no longer part of that equation after his injury. Sure he could comeback and all. But dont expect him to be the same player.  So taking that into consideration  what he would be part of is a complete rebuild from the FO to the coaching staff to the player roster.

I don't think that was in his agenda a year ago. I was mad he only signed a 1 year deal to test the waters. Now I think he made a brillant contractual decision.

When he leaves I wont even be mad. I will understand because I would do the same thing in the circumstances that have developed this season.

but as some suggested above, money maKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 26, 2013 - 10:53 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#11 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted April 26, 2013 - 12:19 PM

His biggest issue with the team is probably MDA, and in that case we all know who the Lakers will side with if it comes down to that. In fact I hope it does so LA can ship his ass out and hire a real coach.

#12 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 2,879 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yeah they'd be a pretty epic team if he went to Houston. I actually said that when we played them because it hit me right there and then how good they'd be if Howard was on their team.

That said I just doubt it. It's Los Angeles.

#13 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted April 26, 2013 - 01:03 PM

We're the best location in the US besides NY and he doesn't wanna ruin his reputation even more. I'd bank on him signing tbh

#14 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009

Posted April 26, 2013 - 01:59 PM

Cos I said so.

#15 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted April 26, 2013 - 02:32 PM

dwight to houston, and i dont mind. his choice weirdos

I think you belong on a Houston Rockets forum, seeing as you're clearly a fan of theirs.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 26, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Because Kobe isn't anywhere else.

Dwight has said many times when it came to Kobe.

Dwight: "I need someone to push me.  No one has ever shown me like Kobe has.  I've never had....I mean guys have talked to me before, but Kobe is different.  I see people tell me one thing and then they won't be in the gym the next day, but not Kobe, he's always in there.  I've never had that before."

Kobe is as much a reason Dwight would want to stay.   Dwight wants to be "great" he wants to put his stamp on a franchise, and he truly feels from the bottom of his heart that the way to do that is through Kobe, and through Kobe pushing him and teaching him.   Kobe has always been the guy he wanted to learn from and they've been friends for the last 5 years.

When I listen to Dwights interviews talking about how much Kobe means to him, how he's never had a mentor like that, or that he feels he could learn so much playing with Kobe, being pushed by Kobe etc. 

Kobe he feels is a means to where he wants to be.  He knows he won't get that anywhere else.    Harden isn't gonna give him that in Houston, neither will Lin.    Dwight wants to be the greatest and he wants to learn from the kind of leader that would push him in that direction ruthlessly that has had the most success at it.    Kobe.   And there isn't any other place he can duplicate that, he's been very clear about that.

That plus his lines "We have years to play together."  Telling teammates "I'll pay you next year" when he loses a bet, or saying "we've got it next year" are hints he drops without saying anything.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#17 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,974 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted April 26, 2013 - 03:14 PM

No re-sign = no more watching Dodgers.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#18 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted April 26, 2013 - 03:32 PM

I hope he stays cuz if he doesn't we will be irrelevant for a while.

Posted Image

#19 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:08 PM

It's not a lock, but things still favor the Lakers like L.A.K.E.R. has described.

And, I remember hearing that Houston is the only other possibility. He has no interest in going to Atlanta or Dallas. And most of the notable people who cover the NBA think he'll re-sign and are pretty confident in it. Then again, most thought he'll be in Brooklyn and  he didn't go there and there's no chance of that now.

I think the money is a pretty big factor. The Nets situation wasn't that great with the possibility of getting Dwight being gone, but Deron stayed.

Edited by Japago, April 26, 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:09 PM

I hope Dwight get's a pissed and "unfinished business" chip on his shoulder cause of what's he's endured out there.  Especially getting no calls.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users