#122 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,597 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 26, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Would rather Nash be at the 1 than Morris tbh.

Nash is playing his heart out for us right now. Contrary to belief, Nash is actually very intelligent about his body and has been for years. If he feels like he can go he's going to.

We need his scoring right now.

Nash if he can is GOING to play, we have no choice as we aren't giving up on the series. Love our determination grit and heart our team is playing with.

Its the kind of credentials people at the beginning of the season said we had none of.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#123 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,750 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 26, 2013 - 02:26 PM

So what would your game plan be if you are Popovich?

-Pack the paint.  Dwight gets no room to breath.

-Put Splitter on Pau.  No clean looks at the basket.

-Dare Laker "shooters" to shoot from 15+ feet. 

-Box out and grab boards.

-Play ONeal, Green, Leonard and the young guys alot, run every chance you get.

#124 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Play against Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and D-leaguers in the playoffs seems even better than any of those options.

#125 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,597 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Popovich will do what he did with our starters of Blake and Nash.

Dare them to make their shots and clog the paint.

But if Goudelock catches fire, it could backfire.

My main worry is their ability to get the ball into the post at the right times.

Goudelock is a mystery passing wise.  Morris gets too wrapped up in what he's doing to notice people making cuts(like Jamison)

#126 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted April 26, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Popovich will do what he did with our starters of Blake and Nash.

Dare them to make their shots and clog the paint.

But if Goudelock catches fire, it could backfire.

My main worry is their ability to get the ball into the post at the right times.

Goudelock is a mystery passing wise.  Morris gets too wrapped up in what he's doing to notice people making cuts(like Jamison)

I agree with the Goudelock catching fire bit he can actually shoot.... its the best part of his game, Morris is a very good ball handler and passer he just has been on a very short leash. There have been a couple times even in this series where he gets past his man all the way to the basket and....... does not.... shoot the .....ball..... and dribbles it back out to the top of the key to pass....  :wall:

Now I am almost positive Mike no sense no D antoni has told him "Now Darrius Don't Shoot and if you can get to the basket .... dont shoot. Only shoot behind the three point line because thats your specialty..  :blowup: Talk about mismanagement of personnel.  I blame this entire fiasco on Mike No D'antoni and his horrid 8 man rotation. Thats cool when you have a young team but we have an older (being kind) team who needs their rest. If he had played his so called scrubs for even 10 a game they would be better than they were at the start of the year and our superstars would not all be injured. If you have never seen an old race horse trying to go full bore its a painful sight.... they have the heart and the will but the body is just not there. they will give it all and impress the hell out of you until one of their ankles snaps..... thats what just happened to this team. 

Edited to add.... It was a running joke after the Mike Brown Firing but I would have rather had Bernie Bickerstaff coaching than Mike D'antoni. The team at least looked good (and won) when he was coaching. 

Edited by viktorkain, April 26, 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#127 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,597 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 04:42 PM

I agree with the Goudelock catching fire bit he can actually shoot.... its the best part of his game, Morris is a very good ball handler and passer he just has been on a very short leash. There have been a couple times even in this series where he gets past his man all the way to the basket and....... does not.... shoot the .....ball..... and dribbles it back out to the top of the key to pass....  :wall:

Now I am almost positive Mike no sense no D antoni has told him "Now Darrius Don't Shoot and if you can get to the basket .... dont shoot. Only shoot behind the three point line because thats your specialty..  :blowup: Talk about mismanagement of personnel.  I blame this entire fiasco on Mike No D'antoni and his horrid 8 man rotation. Thats cool when you have a young team but we have an older (being kind) team who needs their rest. If he had played his so called scrubs for even 10 a game they would be better than they were at the start of the year and our superstars would not all be injured. If you have never seen an old race horse trying to go full bore its a painful sight.... they have the heart and the will but the body is just not there. they will give it all and impress the hell out of you until one of their ankles snaps..... thats what just happened to this team. 

Edited to add.... It was a running joke after the Mike Brown Firing but I would have rather had Bernie Bickerstaff coaching than Mike D'antoni. The team at least looked good (and won) when he was coaching. 

I see a lot of point guards do that to be honest.

It annoys the heck out of me.

I see so many point guards beat their man baseline or get the dribble under the basket from one side to the other and just keep dribbling...

I HATE when I see that because if they went for a layup on the opposite side if times right it wouldn't be able to be blocked.

So when I see a point guard dribble directly baseline under the basket out the other side when no one came to block the shot it annoys the heck out of me!! :smh:

I hope Popovich leaves Goudelock open all night.. the kid is chomping at the bit to prove himself

@LakersReporter 1h

First one on the floor tonight, Andrew Goudelock, couldn't be more excited, he told me. He's chomping at the bit. pic.twitter.com/Caz1PtGe3b

First to the arena tonight and on the court.

Edited by Majesty, April 26, 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#128 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 515 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted April 26, 2013 - 05:40 PM

#countonminimamba

#129 Majesty

Majesty