#81 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,483 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Nash and Blake should split minutes down the middle next season. I think it's established they can't handle playing minutes in the mid 30s every night. Have each play 24 minutes at PG. Stop playing Blake at SG in general.

I agree that Nas hand Blake should split minutes.

But you see here's the thing.  If Meeks isn't hitting shots, either Nash, either Blake, or either Kobe is going to have to come in early.

We'll see more of the same next year unless we get a stronger bench 2 and 3 if we want to see minutes actually go down.

Nash's minutes I'm not worried about with Blake, it's Kobe's minutes I'm worried about.

But I'll happily say when we have a bench that allows Kobe to play as many minutes as Nash(in the 30s)... we'll be where I want them to be.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#82 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,166 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Kind of ironic how the entire season, people were complaining about the lack of youth on the team. Well it looks like Goudelock and Morris will be starting instead of Kobe and Nash.

#83 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,428 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:50 PM

Kind of ironic how the entire season, people were complaining about the lack of youth on the team. Well it looks like Goudelock and Morris will be starting instead of Kobe and Nash.

Yeah, but there is a difference between youth and not good youth.

#84 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,483 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, but there is a difference between youth and not good youth.

People are selective that way :)

#85 Jackson

Jackson

Starter

• 4,780 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 25, 2013 - 06:17 PM

We really need Morris and Goudelock to have career games. Whats Morris and Goudelocks' career highs, like 15 apiece? Yeah were gonna need them to have atleast that if we want a shot. It's not impossible, and I think if they have the right mind set coming in to the game, they can actually contribute and help us get a shot at winning. Offense isn't really the major problem though, its closing out quarters, and closing out on shooters, doesn't matter who you are. Stopping Ginobli and Bonner is key, Tony and Timmy are gonna get theres whether we like it or not.

#86 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,968 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted April 25, 2013 - 07:03 PM

In terms of this series, Blake really is the only loss though. Nash was awful in the first 2 games. Meeks has just been bad for awhile.

The Lakers other options are awful, but they're healthy at least. Maybe they'll be motivated by the fact that aren't in the rotation and play well. It may be really their last chance to show something before they become FAs. Morris and Duhon had a few good games when Nash was injured. Nash wasn't going to play well at all. He's broken down, It's a miracle he actually played based on the stuff we've heard about him.

It's reaching at this point, but I think Nash had a 0% chance of playing well. Maybe Duhon has a .000000001% chance.

Posted Image

• 38,947 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'm shocked Mitch continues to avoid criticism from most people here.

Perhaps Mitch is mostly just a puppet now with Jimmy pulling the strings.

yo.

#88 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,968 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Perhaps Mitch is mostly just a puppet now with Jimmy pulling the strings.

I don't buy it. I bet ownership has a big role when it comes to big moves like the Dwight Howard trade, but the GM has to be in charge of the roster overall. He's missed out on filling out the roster since he's been here. Even when the Lakers were winning titles, they were very top heavy.

What else is he there for if he doesn't have any control over roster moves?

Posted Image

#89 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,428 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted April 25, 2013 - 08:45 PM

I don't buy it. I bet ownership has a big role when it comes to big moves like the Dwight Howard trade, but the GM has to be in charge of the roster overall. He's missed out on filling out the roster since he's been here. Even when the Lakers were winning titles, they were very top heavy.

It is difficult to put the blame on Mitch. I mean, I don't blame him at all for the moves that he made this past summer. If you told me last year that we would acquire Dwight, Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks, and Antawn Jamison while keeping Jordan Hill and getting a huge surprise from Earl Clark, I would think instant championship. On paper, that should be a very dangerous team. Unfortunately, age and injuries tooks its toll and things just didn't work out.

#90 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,968 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 08:55 PM

It is difficult to put the blame on Mitch. I mean, I don't blame him at all for the moves that he made this past summer. If you told me last year that we would acquire Dwight, Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks, and Antawn Jamison while keeping Jordan Hill and getting a huge surprise from Earl Clark, I would think instant championship. On paper, that should be a very dangerous team. Unfortunately, age and injuries tooks its toll and things just didn't work out.

You have to plan for things like injury risk and age though. The Lakers should've done a better job filling out the roster with more durable players, especially after hiring D'Antoni. Kupchak also happens to get a ton of players who aren't very consistent. At some point, his track record just isn't good. Every team misses from time to time, even the Spurs and Thunder. But, the Lakers have had years upon years of bad supporting casts.

Many teams have injuries throughout the season and survive them just fine. There's a reason why 13 players are now allowed on an active roster. Good teams like the Spurs can survive them. The Lakers couldn't.

Posted Image

#91 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,846 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted April 25, 2013 - 08:59 PM

damn this is so funny ...

now i wanna see if its gonna be a 0-4 or 1-4 :D

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#92 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 176 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 25, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Dwight looks mad that hes getting double and triple teamed, I wonder how hes goin to react to the defensive attention he gets in Game 3 lol

• 38,947 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 09:08 PM

damn this is so funny ...

now i wanna see if its gonna be a 0-4 or 1-4 :D

Where have you been?

yo.

#94 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,483 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 09:18 PM

He apparently only has control over the roster moves that fans like.  The ones the fans hate Jimmy "obviously" made by himself

#95 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 25, 2013 - 10:58 PM

I agree that Nas hand Blake should split minutes.

But you see here's the thing.  If Meeks isn't hitting shots, either Nash, either Blake, or either Kobe is going to have to come in early.

We'll see more of the same next year unless we get a stronger bench 2 and 3 if we want to see minutes actually go down.

Nash's minutes I'm not worried about with Blake, it's Kobe's minutes I'm worried about.

But I'll happily say when we have a bench that allows Kobe to play as many minutes as Nash(in the 30s)... we'll be where I want them to be.

I hope Nash and Blake split minutes on a different team.  

#96 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,483 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 01:04 AM

I hope Nash and Blake split minutes on a different team.  

344cnix-1.gif

#97 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,213 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2013 - 01:48 AM

Activate Morris and Glock !

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

#98 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 980 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted April 26, 2013 - 04:48 AM

Praying to god goudelock has a career game and shows why he was the d league MVP...oh and for gasoft to put his big boy pants back on and have a damn impact on the game again SMH

#99 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009

Posted April 26, 2013 - 05:29 AM

This season was a disaster. Can't take anymore injuries :surrender:

#100 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,569 posts