Photo

Dwight Howard "We've got next year and I've got a long time" (DPOY award)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,612 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 25, 2013 - 03:20 AM

Take it anyway you want, but when asked what he thought about Marc Gasol getting defensive player of the year and himself finishing 14th in voting, Dwight said this.

"That's funny," Howard said of his distant finish. "That's OK. We've got next year and I've got a long time. But this year is funny.

Take it anyway you want but if you were looking for hope on Dwight's returning, there you go.

Anyway Dwight seems to be agitated about it.

"I didn't vote, so I don't know what to do about it. But it's OK. I think everybody knows why I didn't win or why I didn't get any votes."

Howard led the league in rebounding (12.4 a game) and was fifth in blocked shots (2.45).

Miami's LeBron James was second in the voting this season, followed by Oklahoma City's Serge Ibaka and Chicago's Joakim Noah. Players who also finished ahead of Howard included the Clippers' Chris Paul (11th) and Boston's Avery Bradley (12th).

Howard said he would have voted for Ibaka because of "the stuff he's doing on the defensive end. I thought he was the clear-cut winner."

To me that first quote says a lot.

Putting that alongside Dwight's "We've got years to play together."  And telling his teammates he'll "pay them next year" when he loses bets on half-court shots.

Seems to me Dwight is dropping hints without saying it where he intends to be next year. 

I hope I'm right.

What do you all think?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,143 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 03:28 AM

I don't know why we are still discussing where Howard will play next year. What is the other option?

As for the DPotY voting, it is a joke. What the hell is Lebron doing there? Where are the members of the best defensive team in NBA? If I were Howard, I wouldn't be bothered by it much.

#3 Rad

Rad

• 1,635 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:03 AM

What do you all think?

He'll be back, and I believe he always was coming back. The positives for Dwight staying in LA far outweigh the negatives.

Edited by Rad, April 25, 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Aye fam, you good?

• 8,722 posts
  • Fan Since:you've been good, fam.
  • Fav. Laker:but aye fam, you still good?

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:32 AM

Read between the lines.

He's going to Charlotte.

MMiRi9s.png

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,493 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:52 AM

"We have next year"  =  the towels been thrown in.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,612 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:01 AM

"We have next year"  =  the towels been thrown in.

Even our coach was coming off surgery =p

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:23 AM

Take it anyway you want, but when asked what he thought about Marc Gasol getting defensive player of the year and himself finishing 14th in voting, Dwight said this.

"That's funny," Howard said of his distant finish. "That's OK. We've got next year and I've got a long time. But this year is funny.

Take it anyway you want but if you were looking for hope on Dwight's returning, there you go.

Anyway Dwight seems to be agitated about it.

"I didn't vote, so I don't know what to do about it. But it's OK. I think everybody knows why I didn't win or why I didn't get any votes."

Howard led the league in rebounding (12.4 a game) and was fifth in blocked shots (2.45).

Miami's LeBron James was second in the voting this season, followed by Oklahoma City's Serge Ibaka and Chicago's Joakim Noah. Players who also finished ahead of Howard included the Clippers' Chris Paul (11th) and Boston's Avery Bradley (12th).

Howard said he would have voted for Ibaka because of "the stuff he's doing on the defensive end. I thought he was the clear-cut winner."

To me that first quote says a lot.

Putting that alongside Dwight's "We've got years to play together."  And telling his teammates he'll "pay them next year" when he loses bets on half-court shots.

Seems to me Dwight is dropping hints without saying it where he intends to be next year. 

I hope I'm right.

What do you all think?

he is referring to him & his EGO

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#8 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:55 AM

^ LeBron like it or not, has played great defense this year. Surprised that Noah didn't win it. Ibaka is great. But Noah is hands down a better defender than him.

wrong threa. lol. sorry

#9 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,786 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 25, 2013 - 06:49 AM

Even our coach was coming off surgery =p

I consider a lobotomy more than surgery.

#10 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 25, 2013 - 07:07 AM

I consider a lobotomy more than surgery.

If only we could give him a PJ brain transplant, all the pieces would be falling right into place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users