TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Aldridge_LaMarcus_por_120111.jpg

The Cleveland Cavaliers have held internal discussions of pursuing a trade with the Portland Trail Blazers for LaMarcus Aldridge, according to sources.

The Cavaliers have enough assets in the form of young players and picks to acquire a player of Aldridge's caliber, but the front office is said to value Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters higher than the rest of the NBA.

#2 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:38 AM

they're stupid if they don't pull the trade for Aldridge

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yea dion waiters and tristan thompson are a much better team with Kyrie than Aldridge would be....

If they can get La and Kyrie stays healthy that is one hell of a 1-2 punch.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Cavs really have alot of assets right now.  Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson are a nice start.  I think they have at least 2 first round picks each of the next 3 years and multiple second round picks.  I could see Portland looking hard at an Aldridge trade if they can net a couple of those high picks in a good draft.  Kyrie, Waiters, Aldridge throw in a few veterans and all of a sudden they are competitive again, with a bunch of young players coming in the next few years.  Brown was smart to get a 5 year deal from them.

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,131 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 24, 2013 - 10:17 AM

Kyrie and LA would be deadly, especially with the pick and pop 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 24, 2013 - 10:28 AM

I know it seems like I joke around about it, but I swear to you, the Cavaliers are looking forward to the summer of 2014.  They have nobody listed on their roster (meaning, under contract) with six team options on the table.

They will try and keep Irving, of course, and probably Thompson and Waiters (if they don't deal them), but the idea is to bring in LeBron James, because at least in my opinion, it's not too crazy to believe that he's going to return to Cleveland after winning that second championship this year (and hopefully losing in the 2014 playoffs, which defeats the three-peat and leads him back to his roots).

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,729 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:05 AM

I know it seems like I joke around about it, but I swear to you, the Cavaliers are looking forward to the summer of 2014.  They have nobody listed on their roster (meaning, under contract) with six team options on the table.

They will try and keep Irving, of course, and probably Thompson and Waiters (if they don't deal them), but the idea is to bring in LeBron James, because at least in my opinion, it's not too crazy to believe that he's going to return to Cleveland after winning that second championship this year (and hopefully losing in the 2014 playoffs, which defeats the three-peat and leads him back to his roots).

yea but will lebron want to come back to be coached by mike brown. He pretty much got brown fired from there in the first place.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:26 AM

yea but will lebron want to come back to be coached by mike brown. He pretty much got brown fired from there in the first place.

I don't think he had that big of a problem with Brown, honestly.  He did give him a shoulder headed to the bench once, but it's only speculation that it was intentional.  I've been "zoned out" before, playing ball, pissed off, and bumped into my brother...who thought I was angry with him, lol.

#9 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:30 AM

I don't like the idea of competing with them for FAs that summer.

#10 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,475 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Kyrie
Aldridge
LeBron

A top 5 pick this year. Noel? McLemore? Oden? Oden-LA-James-McLemore-Irving???

Cleveland will be relevant again. But for now, they are still ass.
iyjywo.jpg

#11 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,508 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Doubt Portland would do it, but getting Waiters and other pieces from Cleveland, Portland may finally have a serviceable bench.

MMiRi9s.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users