7 replies to this topic

#1 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:28 AM

I know a few people along with me wanted the Lakers to go after him. But, does the fact that he returned briefly, then missed the rest of the season make it not worth it? He is supposed to be ready for training camp.

The Lakers desperately need a wing scorer in Kobe's absence. Pau has been playing great, but I don't think he fits. I think we'll see more of what happened in game 1 against SA next year without a wing player who can score consistently. It didn't fit for most of the season. It's just how the league is going these days.

Courtney Lee gives the Lakers an athletic defender and somebody who is more capable of starting in Kobe's absence. When Kobe returns, you can slide Courtney into a backup role and get Meeks out of the rotation.

Lakers get:

Danny Granger

Courtney Lee

Celtics get:

Pau Gasol

Pacers:

Brandon Bass

Jason Terry

The Celtics really need size apart from KG. They are really awful when he's not on the court. They definitely in win mode now with KG and Pierce still under contract. They give up 3 disappointing role players. I think they're good, but they haven't been this season.

The Pacers will have a need for a PF and a backup guard after this season. David West and DJ Augustin will become FA. Bass has been a good starter in the league before and Terry can be a good reserve player.

Posted Image

#2 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,493 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2013 - 03:04 AM

I think we should try getting Jeff Green and Bradly instead from the Celtics.

Posted Image

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,081 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:57 AM

i dont see celtics giving up jeff green

ap1.png

#4 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:03 PM

I like Green. He really improved towards the end of this season and stayed healthy. But, Green would add on salary for 2014. Granger wouldn't since his contract expires after next season. Granger also has more experience being the main wing player on a team, which is what the Lakers need with Kobe out.

If the Lakers can get somebody good in FA with their mini MLE, I think the Lakers can put together a solid team to try and survive the time Kobe is out.

C: Dwight (33) Hill (15)

PF: Clark (25) Hill (10) Granger (13)

SF: Granger (20) FA wing (28)

SG: Lee (28) Meeks (20)

PG: Nash (25) Blake (23)

It allows the Lakers to get rid of Metta too.

Edited by Japago, April 24, 2013 - 07:05 PM.

Posted Image

#5 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,355 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 28, 2013 - 03:54 AM

Granger may get Amnesty the way Paul George is playing

#6 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Granger may get Amnesty the way Paul George is playing

As long as he doesn't have any more long term issues with his health, I doubt it. He's still fairly young at 30 and he's a good shooter even if overall offense is declining a little bit.

Posted Image

#7 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,380 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Funny. I've been telling my friends that it'd be awesome to get Danny Granger in a 3 team trade for Pau but they always brought up how risky it'd be since he's been injured. 

If you could get Jeff Green though...... That would be a stretch.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,335 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 30, 2013 - 04:58 AM

I think we should try getting Jeff Green and Bradly instead from the Celtics.

Exactly. Pau Gasol and Jodie Meeks for Green and Bradley (deal would have to be sweetened a little bit, perhaps take on 1 more contract). Then we use mini-midlevel and vets-minimum on a couple of wings who can shoot and defend as well as a 4th big. Problem: we would take on some salary going forward, which would exclude us from making a push for Lebron in 2014. Advantage: we'd have the perfect guy to pair with Nash in Bradley and a good 3rd option in Green.

Nash/Bradley

Kobe/Bradley

Free agent / Green/Clark

Green/Clark.

Dwight/Hill

Boston wouldn't be an bad shape either, as they'd be able to make a push with KG playing his natural position (4) a back-up 2 in Meeks and about 18 million coming off the books in 2014, where they could start from scratch.

Rondo/Terry

Lee/Meeks

Pierce/Lee

KG/Bass

Gasol/KG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users