Photo

Contributor?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Just curious, not trying to sound rude or anything, but honestly, for example, I see we have a guy listed as a "Contributor" in green in Vaporize, but I'm just curious again, what does he actually do? How does he contribute? I mean perhaps he did a long time ago, but does he still? Or when's the last time? I never even see him post whatsoever. I'm just curious. Perhaps something's outdated?

yo.

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:36 PM

graphic designer.

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Okay, I kinda knew that already more or less, but how often does he actually do anything?

Also, are J-Ri, Kam, & Jaime still really site administrators? Do they even ever frequent the site anymore whatsoever? Don't think I've seen any sign of any of those guys pertaining to here in years.

yo.

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:46 PM

The "Contributor" group was assigned by Jaime and Kam, and contains four members.  

Same with the "Analyst" group, with two (and I know them off the top of my head -- Sky and emplay).

Honestly, I can't really say what some of the positions are for.  I know Vaporize provided the forums with the player emoticons, not sure what other graphics, though.  

I just stay concerned with the moderators and their activity (and LAKER, of course).  Eventually, I'm sure we can dive into the other groups and see what we can do with them...but that's really not a priority.

The only special privileges they have?  Eric Pincus (emplay) has posting permissions in his own forum (topic posting).  The others are just titles.

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yeah, I get you, thanks for the explanation though & by the way, since you mentioned sky, when's the last time you actually saw him here? For me I'd say years.

yo.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Also, are J-Ri, Kam, & Jaime still really site administrators? Do they even ever frequent the site anymore whatsoever? Don't think I've seen any sign of any of those guys pertaining to here in years.

The website?  Probably.  The forums?  I don't think so.

I have administrator access to both the blog and forums, basically the server itself...but as it stands, my interest lies here because of the work I've put in, and because the guys asked me to put them up and run them from the start.  That's why I came here, and that's why I remain here, so their activity (or inactivity) in the forums doesn't exactly change anything on my side of the boat.

When there are issues with the blog, regarding files that may have been infected, or we are having server problems, or the blog database has broken tables...then I'll step in and take care of that, not a problem, but their forte is the blog, and I'm assuming they are still running it.

Yeah, I get you, thanks for the explanation though & by the way, since you mentioned sky, when's the last time you actually saw him here? For me I'd say years.

I talked with Sky quite some time ago, and he told me that he was getting too busy to post.  He also had his own small community of Lakers fans somewhere else, not even sure if it was a message board or a chat box of some kind (can't remember).

#7 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2013 - 12:35 AM

brodie5.gif

EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#8 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:24 AM

brodie5.gif

LMAO  :clap2:

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Haha, nothin' against you whatsoever Mass, at least you post here & there & actually contribute something to the forum consistently.

yo.

#10 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2013 - 01:12 PM

It's okay lol.

I think Kam gave me this tag when I ran the sim league on here. I wanted to feel special so I had him make this for me.

I am the original Contributor.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

• 40,385 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 05:24 PM

I see that Vaporize had his title removed. Guy hardly ever even comes around or posts even when the season's going on. Makes sense.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users