Photo

Nash or Hinrich?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Nash or Hinrich? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Kirk or Nash

1. Hinrich (16 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Nash (16 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 23, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Rather have NAte Rob! You already got a Kirk = Blake

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#22 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,224 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Some only say Kirk because they don't watch every Bulls game, they only end up watching games where he does well. If we had him, I bet half of the fans would complain like they do now for every player we have.

Same thing with Rudy Gay.  If people actually watched the guy play game in and game out, they would know that he is mediocre at best.  I watch a ton of Bulls games (and NBA games in general), Heinrich is a decent defender, and nothing more than that.

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 23, 2013 - 06:35 AM

Doesn't matter if MDA is still our coach. He barely knows how to use his main man Nash let alone another PG coming in.  We can have a young Magic Johnson as our PG, Mike D will find a way to screw it up.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#24 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,698 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 06:51 AM

Nash has a bad game and is injured: Scores 16 points and holds Danny Green to 6 points.

Heinrich has a good game: Scores 7 and pesters Deron Williams

Conclusion by some apparently.. .

GET HEINRICH!! NASH IS USELESS!!! :smh:

Yeah, because I only watched one game of Kirk Heinrich, and not because I have liked the player for some time.

MMiRi9s.png

#25 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 500 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 23, 2013 - 11:04 AM

We just need a point guard that can knock down open shots, create penetration and most importantly, GUARD his man. With Kobe still in this uniform, it's obvious the prototypical PG is not needed here. It just boggles my mind that for a decade straight the Lakers have struggled guarding point guards, with this era of PG's (most talented of all time IMO) the Lakers need to get someone that can hold their own.

#26 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 11:15 AM

We just need a point guard that can knock down open shots, create penetration and most importantly, GUARD his man. With Kobe still in this uniform, it's obvious the prototypical PG is not needed here. It just boggles my mind that for a decade straight the Lakers have struggled guarding point guards, with this era of PG's (most talented of all time IMO) the Lakers need to get someone that can hold their own.

Thats cuz they keep going for serviceable PG. A Dynamic PG that can do a lil of everything = IS NOT Kirk!

#27 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 23, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Kirk all day. He does everything that Nash does except Nash Doesn't play Defense. and ofcourse he's mucn more younger and althetic,he isn't injury prone like nash, he pushes tempo,etc,etc. ....This was such a stupid poll....lol no brainer....the only people who didn't pick Kirk is the one's that never watch him. i.e. Bulls.

But now...if we was to compare them when Nash was in his prime that's something different.

Edited by TheSuperbeast, April 23, 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#28 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 23, 2013 - 12:16 PM

I love how one good defensive game from a guy like Heinrich who averages 7 and 3 gets people actually split down the middle between having him and Nash -_-

Some Lakers fans always seem to praise someone NOT on our team for one game, but never want to credit the people actually ON their team over "multiple" games.

Laker has 7 good games

Some fans: It proves nothing!! Let's see consistency!!

Someone not a Laker has 1 good game.

Some fans: OMG!! I PREFER HIM OVER THIS OTHER PLAYER WE HAVE!! WE NEED TO GET HIM!!!

It's saddening.

I'm sure when Nash gets his legs back we'll see threads about how much better we are with Nash and Blake playing together.

A better question imo would be if you would rather have Heinrich or Meeks.

thats what people say about pau
Posted Image

#29 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,224 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Kirk all day. He does everything that Nash does except Nash Doesn't play Defense. and ofcourse he's mucn more younger and althetic,he isn't injury prone like nash, he pushes tempo,etc,etc. ....This was such a stupid poll....lol no brainer....the only people who didn't pick Kirk is the one's that never watch him. i.e. Bulls.

But now...if we was to compare them when Nash was in his prime that's something different.

Heinrich is nothing like Nash.

#30 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Heinrich is nothing like Nash.

I know I already said he is same as Blake

#31 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Both.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#32 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 23, 2013 - 02:05 PM

thats what people say about pau

That's actually who I was referencing ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#33 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Couldn't be further from the truth.

This year alone:

April 20th - Thigh Injury (playing through it)

March 3rd - Foot Injury (missed 3 weeks)

January 5 - Sprained Elbow (played through it for most of January, then missed about 3 weeks)

December 12 - Bruised Left Knee (missed 3 games, aggravated the injury a few times over the next three weeks)

December 8 - Injured Left Elbow (Didn't miss time, but his play suffered)

November 10 - Strained Hip (Missed one game, then he played badly for the next couple of games)

October 23 - Strained Groind (During preseason, sat out the start of the season as a result)

October 16 - Sore Thumb (During preseason, missed a game and shot terribly the rest of the way)

So he's basically been injured for like 80% of the season. That's the definition of injury prone. In face, Nash had hardly any injury issues until this season while Hinrich was chronically injured over the last 7 years.

You obviously don't watch much of the Bulls to be making this sort of statement. Not to mention the fact that he's terribly inconsistent game to game. Nash, even with his injury issues this year, has been much better than Kirk Hinrich as a whole. At least he wasn't missing every other game with a new injury and putting up 3 stinkers for every good game.

No one in the right mind should want Hinrich on this team at this point in his career. He's injury prone and completely inconsistent. The only thing he does better than Nash is play defense (very good defender), but he's only capable of doing that each season when he's healthy, which  is VERY rare.

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 23, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hinrich is a player that we could ADD, but people are dumb when it comes to Nash.

First...Kobe is our offense creator. Thats what he does best. Nash is a shooter. hinrich would back-up Kobe if he was on this team, and with Blake/Hinrich,Hinrich/Meeks,Clark,Jamison and Hill, and Scott Skiles as a defensive coordinator, we would be the favorites in the west next season.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 10:11 PM

You can tell in this thread people that actually watch Heinrich or follow his career or are just speaking out of their rears and hating on Nash.

Blake is better than him.

That's all that need be said.

#36 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,489 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 24, 2013 - 03:42 AM

at the moment

Some of you are speaking delusional as if Kobe is our guy right now. Hes not. Hes tweeting not playing. Hes not creating any kind of offense for us at the moment.  

Majesty Kirk is and has been a lock down isolation defender his entire career. Its not as if he had a single game vs DWill and I assumed that. Kirk is one of the best defensive PGs in the game. However, as someone else mentioned he has been injury prone during the course of his career. But not at the moment.

Nash has always been a offensive juggernaut with little defensive capabilities. However at the moment of him being nine months from 40 years old his defensive prowess is at nil. But dude can still score and hit the tre.

So its a give or take.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#37 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,698 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:38 AM

^ This. Lol.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, April 24, 2013 - 08:04 AM.

MMiRi9s.png

#38 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted April 24, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hinrich is a better defender but Nash is (by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar) the better player.

Posted Image

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Some of you are speaking delusional as if Kobe is our guy right now. Hes not. Hes tweeting not playing. Hes not creating any kind of offense for us at the moment.  

Majesty Kirk is and has been a lock down isolation defender his entire career. Its not as if he had a single game vs DWill and I assumed that. Kirk is one of the best defensive PGs in the game. However, as someone else mentioned he has been injury prone during the course of his career. But not at the moment.

You sure?

Couldn't be further from the truth.

This year alone:

April 20th - Thigh Injury (playing through it)

March 3rd - Foot Injury (missed 3 weeks)

January 5 - Sprained Elbow (played through it for most of January, then missed about 3 weeks)

December 12 - Bruised Left Knee (missed 3 games, aggravated the injury a few times over the next three weeks)

December 8 - Injured Left Elbow (Didn't miss time, but his play suffered)

November 10 - Strained Hip (Missed one game, then he played badly for the next couple of games)

October 23 - Strained Groind (During preseason, sat out the start of the season as a result)

October 16 - Sore Thumb (During preseason, missed a game and shot terribly the rest of the way)

So he's basically been injured for like 80% of the season. That's the definition of injury prone. In face, Nash had hardly any injury issues until this season while Hinrich was chronically injured over the last 7 years.

You obviously don't watch much of the Bulls to be making this sort of statement. Not to mention the fact that he's terribly inconsistent game to game. Nash, even with his injury issues this year, has been much better than Kirk Hinrich as a whole. At least he wasn't missing every other game with a new injury and putting up 3 stinkers for every good game.

No one in the right mind should want Hinrich on this team at this point in his career. He's injury prone and completely inconsistent. The only thing he does better than Nash is play defense (very good defender), but he's only capable of doing that each season when he's healthy, which  is VERY rare.

:bounce:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users