Photo

Allen Iverson Documentary Trailer (Pg. 6, #103)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 01:59 PM

Allen Iverson
Dodges Jail Time ...
Forks Over $40k to Ex

0714-allen-iverson-getty-3.jpg

the ex-NBA star finally coughed up the $40,000 he owed his ex wife ... narrowly escaping time in the slammer.

TMZ broke the story ... Iverson's ex, Tawanna, has been trying to collect child support from the b-baller since their divorce was finalized in February, but no cigar. Then, last month she asked a judge to throw him in jail, if he continued to dodge the bill: $8,000 / month for the last 5 months.

In new court docs -- filed last month in Fulton County, GA -- Iverson said he never paid the money because he was led to believe he and Tawanna would reconcile.

Allen-Iverson-broke.jpg

Allen Iverson, Looking Depressed, Contemplating Russian Roulette

http://blogs.phillym...ssian-roulette/

Watch @ 1:52-2:38:

Report: Allen Iverson Has 72 Hours to Pay $71k in Child Support or Go to Jail

Iverson admitted that he told Tawanna that he had no intention of paying her child support despite the fact that he had just received $462,460.24 and thus had the ability to pay.

With those words from his mouth, Judge Lane held him in Contempt of Court and ordered him to pay a total $71,000.00 within 72 hours otherwise she directed the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office to place him under arrest and keep him in jail until the payment is made.

Judge Lane also stated in her written order the following:

The father, rather unapologetically, testified that he had consumed alcohol “maybe twenty” times recently, including during his parenting time; that he had not taken any therapy sessions; that he had not taken any therapy sessions; that he had not attended any AA meetings; and that he did not intend to attend any.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Allen Iverson’s Ex-Wife Claims He’s Kidnapped Their Kids

Allen Iverson Owes $40k In Child Support, Ex-Wife Wants Him Thrown in Jail

http://blacksportson...details-emerge/

When A.I. is 55 years old, money that Reebok put in a trust for him (as much as $30 million & Tawanna gets half) will become available. Iverson’s family and friends are worried, that if he isn’t careful, he won’t make it to 55 to get that money.

This is a very disturbing overview of Allen Iverson’s present day life done by Kent Babb of The Washington Post. It starts with Iverson himself, yelling at his now former wife Tawanna, during a divorce proceeding.

Iverson stood during a divorce proceeding in Atlanta in 2012 and pulled out his pants pockets. “I don’t even have money for a cheeseburger,” he shouted toward his estranged wife, Tawanna, who then handed him $61.

The rest speaks on a downward spiral that you wonder if Iverson can pull himself out of.

For the past three years, as Iverson chased an NBA comeback, his marriage fell apart and much of his fortune — he earned more than $150 million in salary alone during his career — dissolved. Now, those who once ignored past signals have recognized that basketball may have been the only thing holding Iverson’s life together.

Iverson hadn’t been present for Tiaura’s birth in 1994, and three years later, when Allen Jr. was born — they would call him Deuce — Iverson was “very intoxicated” and unable to drive her to the hospital, Tawanna told the court.

Iverson kept living as if another contract was imminent, and Tawanna struggled to curb his spending. According to a bank statement submitted in the divorce, the couple’s checking account was overdrawn by more than $23,000 in July 2011. In a single day, $23,255.36 was deducted — at a diamond store, a hat shop, a steakhouse and a hotel.

Before their home in Denver was foreclosed, Tawanna testified, she sold more jewelry at a pawn shop to pay toward debt. Iverson owed thousands to a Georgia home builder, was hit with tax liens, and his wages were garnished to settle a nearly $860,000 balance with a jeweler.

Larry Brown, Aaron McKie, Pat Croce, John Thompson and others have reached out to Iverson, but rarely get a reply. He has been described as a recluse and there seems to be genuine concern about his well-being.

allen-iverson-owes-divorce-lawyer-60000.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Edited by    , April 25, 2014 - 01:16 AM.

yo.

#2 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Seriously what the [expletive] do you do with 150 million dollars? What the [expletive] do you spend it on?

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,698 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Guy was a wanna be thug. He had all the tallent in the world and pissed it away by being a dick. I have no sympathy. 

#4 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:03 PM

did he pay women

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:08 PM

^ Wouldn't be all that surprising if most of it went to that. Women's greatest weapon is one of the most powerful in the world.

yo.

#6 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:12 PM

wasted too much money on a crew that i bet doesn't even stay around him now that the money is gone

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,434 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:13 PM

yo thats sad. After KB went down with the injury I wanted the Lakers to sign AI before the playoffs started the way Spurs signed TMac. I had no idea things were that bad for him.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,644 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:14 PM

damn, sad...this guy was my second favorite player in the league for awhile, and years ago, a lot of people would say he was in the conversation for pound for pound best to do it

Posted Image

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,434 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:18 PM

wasted too much money on a crew that i bet doesn't even stay around him now that the money is gone

"try to live high on the hog leaves you bankrupt
tha [expletive]az you spent it on, will not give a [expletive]"~XZ

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#10 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,672 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:47 PM

typical

#11 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,523 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 22, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Does anyone see a future Andrew Bynum story similar to this one?

Unfortunately I do.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#12 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted April 22, 2013 - 03:34 PM

I don't really have sympathy for him. His wife seems like somewhat of a gold digger, but he ruined his own life with his arrogance and extravagant spending. 

#13 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 22, 2013 - 03:50 PM

I don't blame his wife, she has kids to support and she did give him the money from her pocket when he yelled at her in court (even though it wasn't much). Yelling at me in court I would have said some choice words instead haha. 

I've grown up around too many people like this that destroy their own lives and then blame/ask for hand outs from everyone else to find sympathy for him. 

No one told him to kick it with whoever he did, no one forced him to spend a lot on alcohol and everything else he wasted all that money on.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#14 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 22, 2013 - 03:53 PM

damn...just take on a dleague offer and at least get paid even tho not much

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 03:56 PM

^ Unfortunately, ego & pride prove to sometimes be too powerful.

yo.

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 22, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Lotta people don't know how to handle success and money. If I made millions of dollars playing sports, I would stay my ass at home...no clubs, no partying, no drinking, no associates.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 22, 2013 - 04:28 PM

Then he needs to let go of his pride and accept when teams offer him spots when all he has to do is play a few games in the d-league.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#18 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,034 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted April 22, 2013 - 05:07 PM

AI-derp.jpg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#19 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,351 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted April 22, 2013 - 05:58 PM

It baffles me that these athletes need 3 or 4 homes in different places. WTF just have 1 house! and if you're going to be traveling there's this thing called a Hotel!

For me 1 house, 2 vehicles will do!

#20 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted April 22, 2013 - 06:20 PM

In his prime, people paid full admission to watch this guy play. But he was the archetypical spoiled NBA superstar that people still try to associate with today's stars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users