#41 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Ebanks played last season.  

I look at how SMART teams utilize bad players... Mark Madsen and Dj MBenga come to mind.

Ebanks is FASt and our team is slow. He can defend 2/3s and hit an occasional jumper.

Coaches, not teams.  It's solely the coach's decision if Ebanks plays or not.

So, with that said, are you saying that D'Antoni is not a smart coach?

That contradicts what you were saying earlier.

#42 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ebanks played last season.  

I look at how SMART teams utilize bad players... Mark Madsen and Dj MBenga come to mind.

Ebanks is FASt and our team is slow. He can defend 2/3s and hit an occasional jumper.

its not like Goudelock where if he isn't hitting shots he does nothing. The guy is LONG and keeps balls alive and runs the floor both ways. Just that is an asset to this team.

Ebanks can't finish, isn't fast at all for his position, and he's vastly overrated as a defender after than one good game he had against Kevin Durant last season. And really, he didn't even do much to stem KD defensively. KD was just missing shots he usually makes, there was no outstanding defense being played. He's a fringe NBA player and nothing more, like most 2nd rounders. He doesn't have one skill that would really cement his place in any teams rotation.

#43 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 24, 2013 - 05:43 AM

Ebanks can't finish, isn't fast at all for his position, and he's vastly overrated as a defender after than one good game he had against Kevin Durant last season. And really, he didn't even do much to stem KD defensively. KD was just missing shots he usually makes, there was no outstanding defense being played. He's a fringe NBA player and nothing more, like most 2nd rounders. He doesn't have one skill that would really cement his place in any teams rotation.

so ignorant. he is a cheap price tag player that is young & has a high ceiling if given the opportunity. You keep players like him cuz its cost effective but you have to play. He would be doing a hell of alot better than Jamison on both sides of the ball if he was given his minutes especially along side Kobe. you fans want to keep bringing in injury prone players that make far too much $ & still put it together for on court production when they become a laker. Cheap price tag is only type of players they can add until they shed most of dead weight on roster. you dont give up nor just bench players like Ebanks for an entire season = its dumb coaching & fans that think coach know what he is doing are just following suit since he gets no mins.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#44 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 05:45 AM

Ebanks was terrible from the get go.

I have no idea why so many thought for a split second eh could or can contribute anything to an NBA team.

if Ebanks is terrible what is Jamison & Meeks? Did the team not struggle every single gm to win with the pathetic 8 man rotation? Yes no matter what caliber team they played. So unless Ebanks gets the op to play you have no idea if he is terrible. period other coaches find out if their reserves can play = only way thats possible is cuz they are willing to put them in damn game for meaningful mins.

#45 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 24, 2013 - 05:56 AM

Ebanks is horrible...just a waste of space. Someone said he's fast? Wow lol

Don't give me that lie about him not getting playing time. He's had his chances and quite simply he sucks. He's worst than Luke Walton and Luke was a mainstay on my garbage list.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#46 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:37 AM

Who are the fastest players on the team?

Morris, Ebanks, Meeks...thats the three.

Morris and Ebanks suck in NBA standards...however, they aren't the only players who I could say that about.

As far as smart coaches...

I keep saying that D'Antoni hasn't been great this season and that being said he isn't a bum

In fact, in my opinion...the way this sports thing works...I blame fans HERE for Lakers discord than the Coach.

after last season

Traded No Knees for Superman

Ramon was soft, so they got a shooter(Nash)

Meeks and Jamison replaced Goudelock and Troy Murphy

Didn't replace Matt Barnes

Mike Brown lost the team, so they didn't hesitate to replace him for a coach Kobe has said he respected.

And you have fans, so either ignorant or just selfish and with no respect for the process, that complain about the few mistakes we made.

You have guys pretending to be doctors.

You just have a bunch of dumb people on this earth, paraphrasing from Kobe and I think some are Lakers fans who visit Lakers forums

#47 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:09 AM

I don't give my opinion much, but MDA is not a good coach.....sound like a simple opinion?...The reality is MDA should not be coaching this team and the coach that should be coaching this team is looking for a job.

I cannot believe that Laker management has gotten a pass as far as the outrage with the coaching situation that goes back to Mike Brown who is a good coach but not for a team that this Laker management put together.

Back to MDA, I really have no problem with him taking the Lakers money, he would of been a fool if he did not accept the job, however I have come to the conclusion he is not a good coach period. MDA coached the run and gun NBA style with Phoenix for several years and won nothing then tried to add that same coaching style with the Knicks and he ended up bailing out because he could not get the players to buy into his system. In fainess to MDA he did not want the trade that brought in Melo but as we can see now Melo was the right move for the Knicks. You build around great players not run and gun NBA basketball. MDA has many flaws, but the flaw that sticks out the most to me is he cannot get the ultimate respect from the players. He is also stubborn, he still thinks the 39 yr. old slow unathletic Nash is the answer!!!

NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#48 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:34 AM

It doesn't matter that the front office made solid roster moves because it was all sabotaged by the hiring of a failure of a head coach. We all make mistakes.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#49 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:48 AM

I do not agree that Laker management has made solid rosters moves...

NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#50 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Who are the fastest players on the team?

Morris, Ebanks, Meeks...thats the three.

Morris and Ebanks suck in NBA standards...however, they aren't the only players who I could say that about.

As far as smart coaches...

I keep saying that D'Antoni hasn't been great this season and that being said he isn't a bum

In fact, in my opinion...the way this sports thing works...I blame fans HERE for Lakers discord than the Coach.

after last season

Traded No Knees for Superman

Ramon was soft, so they got a shooter(Nash)

Meeks and Jamison replaced Goudelock and Troy Murphy

Didn't replace Matt Barnes

Mike Brown lost the team, so they didn't hesitate to replace him for a coach Kobe has said he respected.

And you have fans, so either ignorant or just selfish and with no respect for the process, that complain about the few mistakes we made.

You have guys pretending to be doctors.

You just have a bunch of dumb people on this earth, paraphrasing from Kobe and I think some are Lakers fans who visit Lakers forums

Hey wait a minute!! We're on our couches tweeting & watching the games. Don't you dare make it seem like we don't know more than the Lakers brass!!

2hf753r.jpg

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:08 AM

I do not agree that Laker management has made solid rosters moves...

Bynum into Howard.

Kept Hill

Nash was a solid move. Despite his age, best PG this franchise has had in a long time.

Negatives would be keeping Pau and hiring MDA.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:16 AM

^ Eh, MDA has trouble utilizing Pau.

2hf753r.jpg

#53 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:19 AM

Pau has trouble utilizing Pau. Dude was trash before MDA got here.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#54 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 24, 2013 - 11:53 AM

so ignorant. he is a cheap price tag player that is young & has a high ceiling if given the opportunity. You keep players like him cuz its cost effective but you have to play. He would be doing a hell of alot better than Jamison on both sides of the ball if he was given his minutes especially along side Kobe. you fans want to keep bringing in injury prone players that make far too much $ & still put it together for on court production when they become a laker. Cheap price tag is only type of players they can add until they shed most of dead weight on roster. you dont give up nor just bench players like Ebanks for an entire season = its dumb coaching & fans that think coach know what he is doing are just following suit since he gets no mins.

What ignorance? Cheap and young, great. Let's give him 20+ minutes a night because he's clearly worthy of them. You're going off the allure of potential, the single worst thing you can do with young players, and in this case it makes no sense. What high ceiling? You've been going on about Ebanks for months now, but he's nothing special, at all. He does nothing on the floor well at all, not a single thing. He can't shoot, can't drive, and is nothing special on the defensive end. Jamison can at least score a few points here and there, make nice cuts off ball, and he understands how to play off our best players. Ebanks has never shown himself capable of doing this, he just looks downright confused almost every time he's been on the floor.

He gives us nothing at all. He was a late 2nd round pick for a reason, he's not a rotational player at all. Your idea would make more sense if Ebanks actually displayed some glimpse of potential, but he hasn't shown anything in 3 whole years. Holding onto some blind faith that just because he's young that he will make something of himself is just foolish.

#55 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ebanks is horrible...just a waste of space. Someone said he's fast? Wow lol

Don't give me that lie about him not getting playing time. He's had his chances and quite simply he sucks. He's worst than Luke Walton and Luke was a mainstay on my garbage list.

Damn windu i thought you had sense = I know you didn tjust say Puke was & or is better than Ebanks. damn shame

#56 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Bynum into Howard.

Kept Hill

Nash was a solid move. Despite his age, best PG this franchise has had in a long time.

Negatives would be keeping Pau and hiring MDA.

Nash was a huge mistake, he is clearly not close to the player he was as the league MWP twice. 27 million dollars. Nash always plays hard and can still shoot but he can be stopped and his defense is horrible. Management let Barnes walk, big mistake he has been a very valuable player for the Clippers and was for the Lakers as well, sure injuries slowed him down at the wrong time but the dude is a very solid player and he was cheap. Wait and see if Howard returns, I'm not sure he is staying now that MDA is staying .Keeping Pau, I agree was a mistake. Hiring Mike Brown before MDA was a huge mistake as well. Meeks, I like his effort, good guy, but he is not a rotation NBA player, heck Fisher was better making layups.....many bad management decisions, JIM Buss!!!!

If Kobe did not play his arse off this team would be fishing right now.

Abraham Lincoln

#57 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,191 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Damn windu i thought you had sense = I know you didn tjust say Puke was & or is better than Ebanks. damn shame

Luke walton almost lead the league in 3 point percentage(if he hadn't gotten injured he would have).  He could also competently get guys involved and was a very underrated passer and is a much better player than people gave him credit for.

Will Ebanks even come close to that?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#58 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:47 PM

What ignorance? Cheap and young, great. Let's give him 20+ minutes a night because he's clearly worthy of them. You're going off the allure of potential, the single worst thing you can do with young players, and in this case it makes no sense. What high ceiling? You've been going on about Ebanks for months now, but he's nothing special, at all. He does nothing on the floor well at all, not a single thing. He can't shoot, can't drive, and is nothing special on the defensive end. Jamison can at least score a few points here and there, make nice cuts off ball, and he understands how to play off our best players. Ebanks has never shown himself capable of doing this, he just looks downright confused almost every time he's been on the floor.

He gives us nothing at all. He was a late 2nd round pick for a reason, he's not a rotational player at all. Your idea would make more sense if Ebanks actually displayed some glimpse of potential, but he hasn't shown anything in 3 whole years. Holding onto some blind faith that just because he's young that he will make something of himself is just foolish.

he clearly can provide the same (at worst production) that Meeks & or Jamison does if given the same mins. Cost less than both guys. I go on & on cuz Lakers have no clue about player development nor scouting talent. For the $ both Meeks & jamison make = THEY ARE DEFINITION OF TRASH look at production. They plague the roster & chances of improving the roster due to their salaries. This is the biggest point you all must understand & get thru your thick skulls! Why keep LA hostage with untradeable role players that no1 wants 1st cuz of their contracts & 2nd cuz of their actual on court production? Mitch continues to overpay for low production players. The only reason he not rotational player is COach D not playing him. Same way Clark was in same situation & plenty of you were thought he was a bum. But he been 1 of the only bright spots this season from this pathetic roster that doesnt mesh well together. blind faith I dont have! An eye for talent that can immediately help Lakers for a cheap price tag I see clearly. wish so many of you would. Cuz the next batch of low production players that Lakers bring in for over paying for them you will be in here hyping them b4 season starts & eventually be calling them bums later in season.

for too many in here think about the players you want on LA as role players & go complete opposite way. Cuz I remember several of you didnt want JR Smith, Nate Rob, Delonte, for example & all of them could have helped saved Kobe & this season

#59 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Enough with the subtle jabs at members. That's twice already on this page and the first was a admin.

#60 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:48 PM

Luke walton almost lead the league in 3 point percentage(if he hadn't gotten injured he would have).  He could also competently get guys involved and was a very underrated passer and is a much better player than people gave him credit for.

Will Ebanks even come close to that?

what did PJ do for Luke?

Played him meaningful mins eventhough the fans couldnt stand his gm. PJ did the same for Slava as well = without the mins they cant produce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users