Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 22, 2013 - 10:15 AM

DEFENSE IS KEY

Trail-Blazers-fire-coach-Nate-McMillan-H

Edited by TheSuperbeast, April 22, 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#22 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 804 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2013 - 10:34 AM

So are you guys rooting for the Spurs to sweep?

tbh, playoffs are no fun to watch without Kobe. If us getting swept in first round = changes to team to align better pieces, Phil, Dwight. Then yes, I will be for us getting swept, as much as it hurts me to say that. Only thing that would suck the most about that is, all the effort Kobe put in to get us here going in vain.

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 22, 2013 - 10:35 AM

The "we want Phil" chants were not classless. They were an expression of disappointment from people who are use to a high standard. Don't feel bad for MDA at all; he's making millions of dollars to coach arguably the greatest sports franchise of all time. If he can't take criticism and high expectations, then he's in the wrong business...with the wrong franchise.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 22, 2013 - 11:36 AM

He's out if we get swept.

when lakers get swept...

#25 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 22, 2013 - 11:41 AM

we can only wish Coach D bows out on his acocunt

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#26 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 22, 2013 - 11:46 AM

That "we want Phil" chant was uncalled for and I agree with you. And that is another reason why Jim Buss will punished us fans for being classless this season. And the only way to do that is to keep MDA as long as possible just to stick it to us.  If we would just shutup during the ceremony when Phil is on and just let it played out, Jim Buss might be like hmm, maybe MDA do suck. Right now, JB is at MDA house playing Army of Two on PS3 being bffs and such.  Good luck getting rid of him.

This wasn't classless.  It was 18000 people voicing their displeasure.  As long as the people paying hundereds of dollars (or more) to watch the game arent throwing stuff onto the court, what harm is it in voicing their disgust with the current state of affairs?  Maybe the chants were also an opportunity for the fanbase to remind Phil Jackson that he is still beloved.  Jim Buss is going to continue his impression of a ship without its captain regardless of what you or I do at the games.

Edited by MWPandMDAtrashforever, April 22, 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#27 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 22, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Lol it really looks like he is in hell on the bench. I feel bad for him. He's not a good coach but as a man he had every right to accept the job.

The "we want Phil" chants were classless during the shaq jersey retirement and i think in general laker fans have been incredibly classless this season. The fanbase deserves everything that's happened to it this season

They were not classless. I don't feel bad for D'Antoni one bit. He deserves all the criticism he gets it. A man making millions of dollars coaching a 100million dollar team needs to do and is expected to do the best he can. He is very stubborn with an extremely high ego. Without Kobe this team was a disaster this season.

Lakers fans pay top dollar to watch the Lakers play and Lakers fans expect the best out of their team. When they see something bad they have every right to boo and let the organization know how they feel. If that's "classless", then you don't deserve to be in this business.

#28 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 22, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Getting rid of MDA won't solve our major concerns: lack of athleticism, aging roster and no bench production. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#29 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted April 22, 2013 - 12:22 PM

I hope to god he leaves. He's simply not at NBA caliber coach who was glorified by Steve Nash's prime. He couldn't handle New York and he definitely can't handle LA. He was gift wrapped 4 hall of famers and manages to piss off 3 of them while running one completely into the ground. Absolutely pathetic. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, April 22, 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#30 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:01 PM

If D'Antoni is fired or resigns (Lord willing  :pray: ) I would actually like to see B Shaw coach the Lakers and get the triangle back in LA. With the personnel the triangle would work nicely. Even hire Phil as a Riley role in LA...One can wish

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

• 40,395 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:06 PM

I want McMillan

If Nate alone can make Pau Gasol a better defensive player give him coach of the year.

yo.

#32 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 02:20 PM

Penny wise and dollar short...Get used to it.

When you insult the greatest coach ever, you deserve to lose.

Edited by leor_77, April 22, 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#33 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted April 22, 2013 - 03:40 PM

West Coast, I really hope what you brought up about MDA is true. Judging by his demeanor most of the time, I would believe it. If he decides to leave and reach a settlement with LA, then that's the best case scenario. Get a SOLID coach next. Somebody who has a proven winning percentage (and not an inflated dud like Mike Brown), and we can win it all next year with a few adjustments.

#34 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2013 - 05:52 PM

If he gets fired, Phil would come running in to save the day.

He is willing too.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#35 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 332 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 23, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Listening to ESPN 710 right now, Colin Cowheard said that two weeks ago while in LA, he heard from people that D'Antoni is miserable and said dont be shocked if he packs his bags at the end of the season.

Makes sense as Colin puts it: fans hate him, Kobe's playing coach from his coach, Kobe and Phil tweeting each other, Phil's fiance is roaming the halls, and the man who hired you is not here anymore.

Simply put its "too much of a headache"

I would not even be surprised, let's not forget the last coaching job this dude had. Run his star player into the ground? Check (Amare, Kobe). Push his system on his players instead of adjusting his system for the talent he has? Check. Showing no idea how to deal with Star players (I'm sure Melo would agree and we've seen how he deals with the LA stars, Kobe, Pau and Dwight). Quitting on his team because the media was too much for him? Let's hope we get one more check

#36 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 23, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Everybody wants Phil to be the Lakers head coach. The fans wants Phil. The city wants Phil. The media wants Phil. And Phil wants Phil. Even the president of Lakers business operation obviously wants Phil. I heard Obama wants Phil to be a lakers coach. Kim Jun Un of North Korea said he will stop making nuclear weapons if Phil end up being the lakers coach. Everybody on the planet wants Phil to be the lakers coach.  The only person who doesn't want Phil to be the Lakers coach is Jim Buss.  I don't know what kind of bridge Phil burned between him and Jim but it seems to me like Jim will never hire Phil again unless something drastic happen.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#37 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 23, 2013 - 09:55 AM

If he's gone he needs to go in the offseason. No more shortened seasons, it's killing us. First Mike Brown didn't have a training camp and all that because of the lockout and then D'Antoni was at the same disadvantage because Brown got canned. CAN'T afford to go into next season with any doubts. Fire him in the offseason, ask him to resign, or keep him. None of this "well we want to see what he can do with a full training camp" stuff.

We just spent the last two seasons in disarray from the lockout, injuries, trades, trade rumors, and coaching changes. This team needs some stability. Do what you're gonna do and stick with the decision. No more quick fix attempts. 

#38 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted April 23, 2013 - 10:16 AM

Mike Brown and Brian Shaw are the leading candidate for the 76ers job.

Mike is going to Cleveland, so that leaves Shaw.

I'm just gonna hope for a sweep

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#39 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 23, 2013 - 11:44 AM

@WojYahooNBA: Talks are still ongoing about what, if anything, the Los Angeles Lakers would still owe Brown, source tells Y! Sports.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#40 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,384 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 23, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Laker "fans" hoping for a sweep?!  :turrible:

veqdeg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users