22 replies to this topic

#21 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 22, 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm actually OK with the goofing around. I feel like Dwight talked to Kobe when he was having surgery and they talked about him being the leader, and he's definitely been more outspoken and more of an overall leader of the team. But while Kobe lead one way, Dwight leads in another. He might be keeping guys loose, and it could be refreshing for the rest of the team and allow them to play more relaxed.

Now that Kobe is out the best bet for success in the post-season is to ride the wave of adrenaline that comes from people getting a new chance to take shots, create, and lead. The team has had Kobe's mentality beaten into them for so long that I think they'll still keep that around, but to a more healthy level.

I wouldn't want this kind of leadership long term, since guys would get lazy and lack focus, but in the short term it might help. The combination of being more relaxed and having such low expectations could actually win them a few games.

they dont have anyone that can create shots for others. They get now the same exact looks they got before Kobe was injured. Nothing has changed.

1st gm telling signs appeared they were not prepared = Dont know if it was due to joking going on in practice or just due to having no Kobe. but the execution was terrible as usual. All them turnovers still will occur regardless if Kobe running the offense or not. they better look better in gm 2.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#22 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 22, 2013 - 11:56 AM

Is this his going away party?  Or is this his version of The Last Supper since a lot of fans think he is the savior of the franchise?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#23 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm actually OK with the goofing around. I feel like Dwight talked to Kobe when he was having surgery and they talked about him being the leader, and he's definitely been more outspoken and more of an overall leader of the team. But while Kobe lead one way, Dwight leads in another. He might be keeping guys loose, and it could be refreshing for the rest of the team and allow them to play more relaxed.

Now that Kobe is out the best bet for success in the post-season is to ride the wave of adrenaline that comes from people getting a new chance to take shots, create, and lead. The team has had Kobe's mentality beaten into them for so long that I think they'll still keep that around, but to a more healthy level.

I wouldn't want this kind of leadership long term, since guys would get lazy and lack focus, but in the short term it might help. The combination of being more relaxed and having such low expectations could actually win them a few games.

If we were still in regular season and in a good spot then yeah, but we fought for a playoff spot carrying kobe's mentality, Howard and the rest  should've done the same going to the playoffs. But i am not in the locker room so I wouldn't know better ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users