• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,606 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 23, 2013 - 04:40 PM

we shouldnt have to pay anything. Guy sucked here. To bad there isnt a suck policy lol

#22 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted April 23, 2013 - 04:58 PM

Any monetary relief for paying out Brown's contract would be great. 

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#23 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 23, 2013 - 05:09 PM

After trashtoni is either sent packing or he resigns, I can think of nothing better for Phil than accepting. How much crow would Lil buss need to eat to admit his mistakes with coaching hires? This presupposes that Lil jimmy can put ego aside. At this point Tree Rawlings as player coach is better than MDA.

#24 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Lil Jimmy Buss is even less likely to hire Phil now than he was at the start of the year.  Whatever ego problems he had then are going to be SO MUCH BIGGER now if it involves basically admitting he made a huge mistake not grabbing Phil the first time around.

#25 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 24, 2013 - 10:22 AM

This shows that a suck coach can always get a job in the NBA as long as you interview well or you are a nice person.  Mike Brown is the type of coach that doesn't mind being somebody's left overs. Remember Phil had the job but turn it down cus Cleveland is a crappy town and so is the team.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#26 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,753 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 24, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Don't fully understand why PJ was even talking to the Cavs.  Not his kind of gig.  Maybe he was in cahoots with Brown?  Here's my conspiracy theory:  PJ interviews first, drives up the terms and price, says no, Brown comes in behind him and takes less $ and gets the job, agrees to forgo all future Lakers bennies so that Lakers are no longer paying any ex-coaches, so that the Lakers can ....

#27 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 12:34 PM

I like the theory, except that's not at all how negotiations work.  How would PJ interviewing drive UP the price for Brown?

#28 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,753 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 12:39 PM

I like the theory, except that's not at all how negotiations work.  How would PJ interviewing drive UP the price for Brown?

Don't take my "analysis" too far, I'm just having fun with the conspiracy part.

#29 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:42 PM

Don't fully understand why PJ was even talking to the Cavs. Not his kind of gig. Maybe he was in cahoots with Brown? Here's my conspiracy theory: PJ interviews first, drives up the terms and price, says no, Brown comes in behind him and takes less $ and gets the job, agrees to forgo all future Lakers bennies so that Lakers are no longer paying any ex-coaches, so that the Lakers can ....

Phil never "talked" to the Cavs.

The Cavs reached out to him, he told them he wasn't interested. That was how far it went. No interviews or anything of that nature.

#30 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,753 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Phil never "talked" to the Cavs.

The Cavs reached out to him, he told them he wasn't interested. That was how far it went. No interviews or anything of that nature.

Well, Stein is saying that they have "been in touch".  Does that not qualify as "talking"?.

http://tracking.si.c...job-kings-nets/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users