26 replies to this topic

#21 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 758 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have looked at Love's situation before making that claim, and no he can't win. He needs to have 5510 rebounds in next ~3 seasons. Not possible. Considering Dwight has only missed 25 games in 9 years even with the back injury, he had insane durability and production rate at the same time. From current players only one that has shot at is Drummond if he is allowed to play big minutes starting from next season.

I think he was implying that Love will be a Laker, so they'll fight for rebounds :)

#22 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,085 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:20 AM

I would say Kevin Love, but it's going to be tough with him and Dwight fighting over rebounds next season. 

Omg I wish. Literally could be the best rebounding duo of all time

#23 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 19, 2013 - 04:41 AM

Omg I wish. Literally could be the best rebounding duo of all time

Trio, actually. Jordan Hill led the league in offensive rebound rate, by a wide margin. What's awesome about Kevin Love is that he goes for EVERY rebound, with no exception. Once in a while Dwight has games where he grabs only 4 or 6 rebounds.

#24 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 176 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:12 AM

I think it's unfair to put Love on the level Dwight is rebounding wise, let's not forget Dwight is a defensive ANCHOR that not only has to protect the rim but end the play with a rebound too. Kevin Love struggles with stopping his own man forget protecting the rim, all he focuses on is rebounding.

Look at this stat, Dwight is the ONLY player amongst the top ten in blocked shots per game that is also in the top ten rebounding. For me that just makes his rebounding THAT much more impressive

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 19, 2013 - 10:33 AM

I think it's unfair to put Love on the level Dwight is rebounding wise, let's not forget Dwight is a defensive ANCHOR that not only has to protect the rim but end the play with a rebound too. Kevin Love struggles with stopping his own man forget protecting the rim, all he focuses on is rebounding.

Look at this stat, Dwight is the ONLY player amongst the top ten in blocked shots per game that is also in the top ten rebounding. For me that just makes his rebounding THAT much more impressive

This might be the first time I've seen this brought up on LN.

I had a discussion about this on my own board sometime last year, with a couple of guys.  I think this is overlooked.

It's similar to a 3rd option scorer that racks up 14-15 PPG on wide-open jumpers, compared to someone like Rajon Rondo...who averaged 13.7 PPG, but you also see him creating shots for everyone else, going after o-boards, etc.

It has always been impressive, to me, to see a player do so well on the defensive end, on a team that was basically a poor defensive team without him (Orlando), yet grab 13-14 RPG.  It's much easier to box out when you expect the shot to go up, and get into position to get those boards (like Love does), but Howard plays the P&R so damn well, recovers, and gets on the glass without having to box his man out...and it's amazing.

#26 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Congrats to Dwight! Now let's work on that jump hook! Needs work! :turrible:

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#27 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 20, 2013 - 03:53 AM

I wonder did it have something to do with us missing so many damn shots???!!!  LOL  Congrats D12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users