Photo

Would the Lakers make the playoffs if Mike Brown was still the head coach?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Would the Lakers make the playoffs if Mike Brown was still the head coach? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Would we make the playoffs if Mike Brown was still the head coach after 1-4 start?

1. Yes (24 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. No (9 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,496 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 02:10 PM

We'll never 100% know but I'd guess no because of the way he micro managed.

I was one of the people on here who was open to giving him time but at the same time I was getting fed up with his lack of a set lineup, his questionable decisions during games and simply just not winning.

I really think starting 0 and 8 in the pre-season was the root of a lot going wrong. I know it's just the pre-season but a team with this much talent should win at least ONE of those games.

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,172 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 18, 2013 - 02:28 PM

People talk a lot about the 0-8 pre-season but forget that the Lakers were winning a lot of those games and then Brown would rest all the starters and having our end of the benchers out there till he played the starters for the last 5 of the game or so if at all.

Even the first game we were dominating the Warriors and then we put our end of the bench out there and Jackson kept his starters in trying to make some sort of "statement"

Other teams we're "try-hards" against us while Brown was using it to find stuff that does or doesn't work with our starting lineup and finding out people to cut. While other teams used it as "oh let's beat the super-team Lakers by playing our starters against their end of the benchers!"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 18, 2013 - 04:16 PM

He took a worse team and got the Lakers a No. 3 seed.  But I never had any issues with Mike Brown, and I thought Antoni was a step down. 

#24 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 18, 2013 - 04:35 PM

So now Brown would have done a better job?

LOL...wow.

#25 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yes
Posted Image

#26 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 18, 2013 - 10:49 PM

I think that's obvious. He had a bench of scrubs yet he somehow managed to get some production from Troy for a stretch and Josh did have some good games. Even with that bench he found time to rest Kobe. He averaged 37 i think, thats still too much but atleast he didn't have to tear hic Acl trying to will into play-offs. So i think it is obvious. Only reason we got MDA is we wanted that Nash-MDA thing and also thought that with Dwight, Kobe, Mwp, J-Hill and Ebanks, we would have enough power on the defensive end to absorb MDA's defensive voes (yes, some of us and FO believed that Devin is a defensive option). Well that was not the case.

The question for me is: what if we had played Bernieball all season, would we be in a better position?

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,878 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 19, 2013 - 12:22 AM

The way the Lakers looked this season under Brown, they were horrible. It was as if they were zombies in some regard. They lost every pre-season game including 3 they tried to win, and they were whooped every game but one early.

I think Brown would not have lasted either way it goes

#28 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'll forever be grateful to Mike Brown for one thing...inflating the hell out of Andrew Bynum's trade value. It helped us get Dwight Howard

Posted Image

#29 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Choosing between a pathetic (Brown) and more pathetic (D'Antoni) coach would still leave the team in the same position, struggling for a bottom seed in the playoffs only to get sent home well before June. 

#30 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:50 AM

I think they just wanted Brown out because there was no respect for him. (so the front office should be ashamed) I think Nash acquisition speared the MDA acquisition. I guess they figured reuniting Nash and MDA along with all the other talent Nash never had was going to make things a cake walk.... The thing they forgot was how old this Nash is and how successful MDA wasn't. MDA was no more successful than Mike Brown. OOpps that's right Mike Brown has gone to the finals. Damn near twice. I'm not a Brown fan but he got screwed in Cleveland and again in LA.

#31 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:47 AM

yes but too many of you impatient fans got him ran out of town cuz of the the preseason start. SMFH

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users