75 replies to this topic

#41 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:56 PM

ya lets sign another meeks , :laughing:  , another shooter who makes seemingly 1 out of ever 3 open 3pointers. LMAO

we need complete offensive players, players who can shoot, and create their own shot.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#42 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 19, 2013 - 08:13 PM

If yall would think like real ballers, defense is what's needed, first you stop the other team from scoring, capitalize on their miscues and your fast breaks will add the punch, scoring a bunch while giving up a bunch is fools gold! Some nights it just doesn't fall, no matter who you are. If you stop/slow them it's much easier to win. In the coming years the West has high scoring teams, so that's what's really logical.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, April 19, 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#43 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 08:38 PM

If yall would think like real ballers, defense is what's needed, first you stop the other team from scoring, capitalize on their miscues and your fast breaks will add the punch, scoring a bunch while giving up a bunch is fools gold! Some nights it just doesn't fall, no matter who you are. If you stop/slow them it's much easier to win. In the coming years the West has high scoring teams, so that's what's really logical.

this is why i want to trade pau for an athletic SF like Deng/Batum/Derozen. adding one of those SF's + adding earl clark to the starting lineup(+ a healthier dwight). makes us athletic and much quicker/better on D - we're simply too slow on D right now, we have to compensate far too much with effort to make up for our slowness, and we just cant do it. 

Pau really is good for our offense, but, a SF who can create a little off the dribble, will also be VERY good for our offense .

so, trade pau = stay just as good on O , improve greatly on D. add one of those small forwards + sign a bench peice to create some offense off the dribble for the 2nd unit = championship

Edited by iDreamShake, April 19, 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#44 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 19, 2013 - 11:36 PM

this is why i want to trade pau for an athletic SF like Deng/Batum/Derozen. adding one of those SF's + adding earl clark to the starting lineup(+ a healthier dwight). makes us athletic and much quicker/better on D - we're simply too slow on D right now, we have to compensate far too much with effort to make up for our slowness, and we just cant do it. 

Pau really is good for our offense, but, a SF who can create a little off the dribble, will also be VERY good for our offense .

so, trade pau = stay just as good on O , improve greatly on D. add one of those small forwards + sign a bench peice to create some offense off the dribble for the 2nd unit = championship

A guy like Luol Deng would do wonders for this team, but i still think trading Pau is a bad idea. Basically every team in the league is young, fast and athletic and if we try to play like them we'll probably end up like a poor-man's OKC or Knicks.

I think we need to focus on the advantages we have, which is two 7 footers who looks like they could play off each other. No team can match up with this and if we play slow paced half-court basketball i think this team could be successfull.

Regarding our defense, i think we need to rebuild our whole back-court.

Use Amnesty on Metta. Sign a guy like Dorell Wright or Martell Webster to the mini-midlevel and sign a few cheap guys like Keith Bogans, Leandro Barbosa, Dahntay Jones and Delonte West.

#45 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:48 AM

The Lakers need any athletic player that can create his own shot.  Another shooter would be fine, but after a shot creating player is acquired.

desperately need 2 that fit both categories you mentioned above

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#46 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 21, 2013 - 10:56 AM

The Lakers need any athletic player that can create his own shot.  Another shooter would be fine, but after a shot creating player is acquired.

Didn't I say this 2 years ago?

#47 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 10:57 AM

I think we should just take a gamble on a young Athletic Player for cheap...

Tyler Honeycutt would be a great pick up for us

Edited by Cj2008nw, April 21, 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#48 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 12:38 PM

I think we should just take a gamble on a young Athletic Player for cheap...

Tyler Honeycutt would be a great pick up for us

you just contridicted your post above this quoted one. honeycutt is a shooter, cant create his own shot.

#49 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Didn't I say this 2 years ago?

I am sorry but I am sure none of us can remember who said what on a forum from 2 years ago. Lol.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#50 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 03:15 PM

Ebanks is an utterly waste of a roster spot. If it weren't for MB, CDR could of been here still.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#51 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 04:04 PM

One name that really should be brung up is Nicholas Batum to replace Peace. Dude is aggressive on defense, reminds me of matt barnes. He also averages 14ppg, 1.1 blkpg, and 1.2 stlpg

nutpunch.gif

#52 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Really good at creating his own shots. watch:

Edited by Instigator, April 21, 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#53 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted April 21, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Batum is ok but dirty

Pau Gasol is GONE

#54 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 04:59 PM

you just contridicted your post above this quoted one. honeycutt is a shooter, cant create his own shot.

I said an athletic wing player Honeycutt is athletic and he can shoot and is a defender... We can take a risk on him since he is cheap

#55 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:00 PM

I am sorry but I am sure none of us can remember who said what on a forum from 2 years ago. Lol.

That's fine but it's annoying when I was right for a very long time and now everybody saying what I said needed to change years ago

#56 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:01 PM

How in gods name are we getting Batum? Does he even want out of Portland? 

#57 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:10 PM

One name that really should be brung up is Nicholas Batum to replace Peace. Dude is aggressive on defense, reminds me of matt barnes. He also averages 14ppg, 1.1 blkpg, and 1.2 stlpg

nutpunch.gif

I can see he is very aggressive on defense, lol. I doubt the Blazers give up on him this soon after giving him a big contract. He was playing really well to begin the season before dealing with injury issues. I think he's going to improve next season, and the Blazers know that. I would love him on the Lakers though if possible.

He's better than Matt Barnes, he can shoot and score consistently. He's actually good on defense too. I think Barnes is a little overrated in that area.

Posted Image

#58 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,132 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Would rather have this guy.  Who would come for cheaper than Batum

Want athleticism?   look at 2:14 of that video.

Creating his own shot as well a bit

Here's some of his recent outbursts

Good locker room personality.

Athletic guy.  

Leaping ability

Can shoot and create off the dribble

Can go to the post

Good cutter to the basket

Good finisher at the rim

Deadly three point shooter

6 ft 7

26 years old

Shooting Guard/Small Forward

available for 1.5 million...

He may not be "starting caliber" for 82 games, but off the bench he'd be perfect, and he COULD be stuck in the starting lineup occasionally.  He's a lot of what this team needs.

He could improve his midrange a bit

44% from the field

but on the other hand he is also a
42% three point shooter

I'd say that's just fine and dandy coming off our bench

SIGN THIS GUY!!!!  

Edited by Majesty, April 21, 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#59 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted April 22, 2013 - 12:33 AM

We are not getting Batum. Lol I'd love for that to happen, but Webster is a realistic option and a good one.

Like what I saw in his Portland days, even though he was a little streaky, but was always aggressive off the dribble and athletic

#60 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted April 22, 2013 - 01:11 AM

We are not getting Batum. Lol I'd love for that to happen, but Webster is a realistic option and a good one.

Like what I saw in his Portland days, even though he was a little streaky, but was always aggressive off the dribble and athletic

I agree about Batum. But, the Lakers also have to make a big move to compete again. Getting role players isn't going to get it done.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users