31 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,126 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:22 AM

This is where we miss Kobe the most. I was pulling out my hair when the lakers had the ball and we need to score another point to lock up the win. Apparently nobody wants the shot. They were passing it around running out the 24 clock like it was a hot potato. Then when Pau realized he had to shoot, he got so much fear in his eyes that he double pump for no reason and causing a turnover.  I have no seen a team that do this. I am happy for the win but my god, almost every team has somebody that is willing to take the last shot. Even if other teams don't have a Kobe, they know who they can give it to or even supporting players willing to take the last shot like Parsin. But laker players were so scared. I hope we wont come down to a last second shot because Lakers were so confused out there. You cant give it to dwight because they will foul and I doubt D12 wanted the last shot also.  You don't need a Kobe. But where is the Derick Fisher of the world? Where is the Robert Horry of the world? Supporting players who are not shy away from last winning shots.  We dont have those guys. I hope Steve Nash end up being that when he comes back for the playoffs.

Edited by epicwolf, April 18, 2013 - 07:27 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,712 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:48 AM

If Steve was back. He would take all the shots in the end. I promise you.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#3 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 954 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:52 AM

You do need a Kobe.

Yea no question Nash has the ball in his hands. The problem is we do not have a perimeter player with nash out and kobe down for the season that is a go to guy. Most of those go to guys at the end of regulation are perimeter players. Guys who you can not foul because they will easily knock down the free throw. Our team offense should revolve around Pau and Dwight, not perimeter players. But if you have to choose between the two Pau is the one that needs to take control. He has a much more variety of moves and is a better free throw shooter.

#4 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,188 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:54 AM

I don't mind wasting as much clock as possible when you have the lead at the end. The reason it looked so weird was everyone was expecting Pau to take the shot. Yet when it came to him at the end his pass first mentality (he was trying to get that last assist for the triple dub) had him hesitate.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,126 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:03 AM

I don't mind wasting as much clock as possible when you have the lead at the end. The reason it looked so weird was everyone was expecting Pau to take the shot. Yet when it came to him at the end his pass first mentality (he was trying to get that last assist for the triple dub) had him hesitate.

That is what I was thinking too and it pisses me off when Pau does that. He is so unselfish at times he forces a pass when he can easily take it to the whole. One play was when Dwight was double team and Pau still trying to force it into him. WTF.  I hope Nash come back so we have somebody that doesn't get [expletive] out of a winning shot.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#6 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Dare I say Blake has become our go to guy?

I hate how long Pau takes to make his move or pass. It's like once he catches the ball, the guys on a dial up connection. 

veqdeg.jpg

#7 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:19 AM

its torture watching them in the final minutes of games without Kob'

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#8 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,504 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Dare I say Blake has become our go to guy?
I hate how long Pau takes to make his move or pass. It's like once he catches the ball, the guys on a dial up connection.

That's Pau looking for others 1st.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#9 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,239 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, I noticed this last night too.

Pau is obviously a tremendous passer, but he can't hesitate. He needs to catch and make a decision to score that basketball immediately. He keeps hesitating trying to look for the pass first, when we need him to be more aggressive offensively.

Posted Image

#10 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:33 AM

^ Exactly. I know he's looking to pass but he takes too long. Dwight catches it & makes his move quick.

I wish Worthy would teach these guys his quick turn around spin move. 

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, April 18, 2013 - 08:34 AM.

veqdeg.jpg

#11 rnr

rnr

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:The Buss Family

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:34 AM

This is where we miss Kobe the most. I was pulling out my hair when the lakers had the ball and we need to score another point to lock up the win. Apparently nobody wants the shot. They were passing it around running out the 24 clock like it was a hot potato. Then when Pau realized he had to shoot, he got so much fear in his eyes that he double pump for no reason and causing a turnover.  I have no seen a team that do this. I am happy for the win but my god, almost every team has somebody that is willing to take the last shot. Even if other teams don't have a Kobe, they know who they can give it to or even supporting players willing to take the last shot like Parsin. But laker players were so scared. I hope we wont come down to a last second shot because Lakers were so confused out there. You cant give it to dwight because they will foul and I doubt D12 wanted the last shot also.  You don't need a Kobe. But where is the Derick Fisher of the world? Where is the Robert Horry of the world? Supporting players who are not shy away from last winning shots.  We dont have those guys. I hope Steve Nash end up being that when he comes back for the playoffs.

Pau realized he had to shoot, he got so much fear in his eyes...Are you serous..with Pau's TD of 20/11/17 If anything Pau is going to put fear in the opponents eyes..Why do poster post drawn out negative post like this when they can post like what I'm doing now on what Pal did against The Rockets.

Gasolid..

#12 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:52 AM

They were passing it around running out the 24 clock like it was a hot potato. Then when Pau realized he had to shoot, he got so much fear in his eyes that he double pump for no reason and causing a turnover.

That's so unfair... he got the ball with what? 2 seconds left on the clock?

Posted Image

#13 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:53 AM

^ If it's the play I'm thinking of, I blame Blake for giving it to Pau so late in the clock. 

veqdeg.jpg

#14 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,459 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Dwight wanted the ball......they just couldnt get it him or he was doubled.

#15 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Agreed.. running plays to get the ball in Nash's hands will be the focus. 

hopefully his legs are okay.

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:04 AM

It's understandable.  

When you go for so long having Kobe Bryant on your team, you know at the end of games it will be KB24 that gets the ball.  When he's not there and you're faced with a end of game situation, it's going to be foreign.  Add in the fact that the other end of game player, Steve Nash, was hurt and not on the floor either, then yeah, it's going to be a question of who wants the ball. 

Despite the end of the game, the players have stepped up over the last two games and showed a fearlessness that's necessary. 

Last night, I had no problem with passing the ball around, I had a problem with Blake going too late in the shot clock and had a problem with Pau being indecisive in that situation.... again. 

#17 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,126 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:04 AM

That's so unfair... he got the ball with what? 2 seconds left on the clock?

you not reading what im trying to say. Open your eyes man. Please everybody need to re read what I wrote. THIS IS NOT ABOUT BLAMMING PAU. This is about the lakers being CONFUSED of what to do since nobody wants to take the last shot!  Sure Dwight might want the ball but since he suck at FT nobody wants to give him the ball. And that leaves us with a bunch of scared players who afraid to miss.  I am blaming everybody.  Pau just happens to take the shot and you can see the confused and fear in his eyes. So it is fair. 

#18 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:26 AM

you not reading what im trying to say. Open your eyes man. Please everybody need to re read what I wrote. THIS IS NOT ABOUT BLAMMING PAU. This is about the lakers being CONFUSED of what to do since nobody wants to take the last shot!  Sure Dwight might want the ball but since he suck at FT nobody wants to give him the ball. And that leaves us with a bunch of scared players who afraid to miss.  I am blaming everybody.  Pau just happens to take the shot and you can see the confused and fear in his eyes. So it is fair. 

No I can't.

If he's got the ball for a while and ends up fumbling it or just can't find a way to make a play or get his shot off... maybe.

If he touches the ball for the 1st time on that possesion with only 2 seconds left on the clock... I can't see [expletive].

Posted Image

#19 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Once Nash comes back, that problem will be solved.

#20 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,126 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:34 AM

No I can't.

If he's got the ball for a while and ends up fumbling it or just can't find a way to make a play or get his shot off... maybe.

If he touches the ball for the 1st time on that possesion with only 2 seconds left on the clock... I can't see [expletive].

its the confusion that is the problem.  And thats what a last second shot is for. Last second shot is not shooting and have more than 4 seconds on the clock shot. Hense the world "last second shot!".   So even if Pau have only 2 seconds to shoot, he needs to be brave enough and not afraid to miss. The real issue here is the lakers are so confused of who to take the last shot. Cant you see that? It is so obvious. Blake was to blame sure but other players are to blame too because nobody was asking for the ball. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users