• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#121 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:52 PM

If Memphis loses this game, Clippers win it on the road. No doubt in my mind.

#122 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,156 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:17 PM

^ well thus far it seems like the Clippers outside of Chris Paul don't have an answer.

Question:  Anyone think if Clippers lose in the first round this year that CP3 looks elsewhere in the off-season?  Perhaps New York?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to do what he did with the Hornets all over again.

That's pretty much what he's asked to do as a Clipper, perhaps even more.

Edited by Majesty, April 30, 2013 - 09:20 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#123 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,156 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:20 PM

And Gasol gets the rebound

#124 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,156 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:23 PM

That's game.

Memphis has a chance to close this out at home.

#125 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,156 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Clippers and their depth

Starting lineup points

Take a wild guess which one was Chris Paul.

Edited by Majesty, April 30, 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#126 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,156 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:26 PM

Game over, Grizzlies win by 10

#127 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,156 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Once again chris paul making that gamewinning shot in game 2 is magnified even more, had he not made that, this series could be over right now.

Edited by Majesty, April 30, 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#128 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:37 PM

After all that hype, the Clippers look like nothing more than a first round outing.

This makes me so happy. If they lose on Friday, they will probably lose most of this "depth" next season. Blake Griffin will never be taken seriously by anyone in this league other than ESPN, and Bledsoe is a definite goner.

As everyone knows, the Clippers will find a way to fail, no matter what.

Edited by bigvee, April 30, 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#129 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:46 PM

memphis up 3-2 tonight

im happy

but they will make my week if close this out on friday

and we can say we just went as far as them on our nightmare season compared to their best season ever =)

#130 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,003 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:51 PM

I really do enjoy watching the Grizzlies play, still the NBA constantly tries to sell us on 'exciting' teams like the Clippers.  Even without Griffin at full strength, shooting teams can get hot fast so this series still has a ways to go, and definitely the starters won't shoot so terrible.

Edited by Ven21, April 30, 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#131 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hopefully Grizzlies will close it out next game. All that regular season hoopla about the Clippers i.e. Showtime 2.0, 17 win streak, division title, 50+ wins, greatest bench ever blah blah yet a first round exit in the playoffs to show for it? 

#132 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:13 PM

Great win by the Grizzlies. Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are like a brick wall. They are hard to break. As for the Clippers, other than Chris Paul, they have streaky players. If the those players are hot, they are great. But, if those players are cold, they are terrible. Tonight, the other Clippers players were cold so they were terrible. Also, DeAndre Jordan is a useless player. There is no way in hell a starter who makes at least 10 million a year only score 6 points and grab 8 rebounds in a pivotal Game 5.

#133 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:29 PM

i hope the clippers losing in this 1st round helps CP3 on his decision to stay in LA..... but wearing that purple and gold...

hahaha.... but really tho...

467843952.jpg

2div

#134 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,156 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:30 PM

You know, if the Grizzlies Hack-a-Deandre'd everytime they were up by 8-10, not allowing Chris Paul to go to work, the Clippers would never get close either.

#135 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:31 AM

Clippers and their depth

Starting lineup points

Take a wild guess which one was Chris Paul.

I wanna poke at this since Shaq (who I still hate on TNT OT) pointed out those same stats. I had a problem with him too. It doesn't show the whole story. One of those numbers is Chauncey, one is Butler, and one is Griffin. Jamal played more mins than Chauncey due to him being more productive in scoring, Barnes played over Butler to help with Conley, and Griffin was playing injured until he left the game(he was still able to flop). 

I wanna see Memphis close this one out, though. Clippers are going to come out tough on Friday, and Memphis gotta continue to dictate pace and bully in the paint.

#136 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,156 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 02:04 AM

I wanna poke at this since Shaq (who I still hate on TNT OT) pointed out those same stats. I had a problem with him too. It doesn't show the whole story. One of those numbers is Chauncey, one is Butler, and one is Griffin. Jamal played more mins than Chauncey due to him being more productive in scoring, Barnes played over Butler to help with Conley, and Griffin was playing injured until he left the game(he was still able to flop). 

I wanna see Memphis close this one out, though. Clippers are going to come out tough on Friday, and Memphis gotta continue to dictate pace and bully in the paint.

Here's another statistic too.

Only Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford scored in double digits.

11 players played.

Only 2 had double digits.

CP3 with 35 and Jamal Crawford with 15 

The rest?

So no matter how the minutes were spread... it still doesn't look good for them I think.

Contrast that with Memphis where 9 players played and 4 scored in double digits. 

Memphis just seems like the real "team" in my opinion.

While the Clippers seem to me like a team carried solely and only by CP3 very similarly to what he had to do in the Hornets.  

He doesn't have a true second option on that team with him that's gonna carry that team to the next level alongside him.

That's why the Lakers were a fit for him because him and Kobe would have had each other.

On the Clippers at best he has Blake Griffin, who is a star, but he's not a legitimate 2nd option nor a go to guy in the forth quarter that's gonna demand defensive attention away from CP3.

And therein lays the problem with the Clippers no matter how much depth they have. 

Coaching too.. but I digress.

Edited by Majesty, May 01, 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#137 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:53 AM

Didnt the clippers come back on Memphis last year ? Gotta give the clippers credit coming into someones arena and winnin a game 7 is tough
Posted Image

#138 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:20 AM

Didnt the clippers come back on Memphis last year ? Gotta give the clippers credit coming into someones arena and winnin a game 7 is tough

Clippers never trailed in that series in terms of games.

#139 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Here's another statistic too.

Only Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford scored in double digits.

11 players played.

Only 2 had double digits.

CP3 with 35 and Jamal Crawford with 15 

The rest?

So no matter how the minutes were spread... it still doesn't look good for them I think.

Contrast that with Memphis where 9 players played and 4 scored in double digits. 

Memphis just seems like the real "team" in my opinion.

While the Clippers seem to me like a team carried solely and only by CP3 very similarly to what he had to do in the Hornets.  

He doesn't have a true second option on that team with him that's gonna carry that team to the next level alongside him.

That's why the Lakers were a fit for him because him and Kobe would have had each other.

On the Clippers at best he has Blake Griffin, who is a star, but he's not a legitimate 2nd option nor a go to guy in the forth quarter that's gonna demand defensive attention away from CP3.

And therein lays the problem with the Clippers no matter how much depth they have. 

You are straight to the point on the bolded part, Majesty. Like you, I also believe Griffin he is not a second option for this team. He might be a good third option but he is a bad 1st and 2nd option. That's why the Clippers need a legit second option to compliment Paul. It doesn't have to be a superstar but a player that could create his own shots and it is reliable down the stretch. Unfortunately for the Clippers, Donald Sterling loves Griffin and DeAndre Jordan so Paul is stuck with them for the next couple of years.

#140 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:09 PM

This I think more than anything. VDN sticks to his ways too much. 

He sticks to his 10/11 man rotation that really should be shortened. No reason to play Ronny and Hollins 8 mins each. Obviously he's trying to find an answer to Z bo and Marc, but a player can't figure someone out defensively for 8 mins. 

On the offensive side, that 10/11 man rotation is killing them too. They're playing Chauncey 12 mins. That's ego food. That stuff is condolence minutes. He doesn't need that, and really if they want to win they shouldn't give it to him. Butler needs more than 19 mins to get him going.

Memphis is the best match up for Clippers due to this one coaching area. VDN needs to be more aggressive in doubling in the post. Let Memphis kill you from the perimeter especially since DJ is a shot blocker and not a post up defender. If it was Memphis vs Denver it'd be a lot closer leaning towards Denver just because George Karl doubles in the post on the catch.

What Barkley said was right tho. The Clippers are as tough as a flea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users