102 replies to this topic

#101 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:41 PM

It's imperative the Lakers fire him. I've long said roster was a little more important to change up than firing him, but I'm starting to change my mind.

This team isn't going anywhere with him. It's not the Lakers' health either.

D'Antoni is getting coached circles around in this series. He doesn't coach defense, and he's not even really a great offensive coach either. I know the Spurs have more talent on the court right now, but they get easy baskets just about every possession. Popovich has better offensive system in place.

That's not to say the roster doesn't need heavy changes, but the D'Antoni factor is even worse than I thought. And, I already thought it was really bad.

Edited by Japago, April 26, 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Posted Image

#102 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,753 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:51 PM

It's imperative the Lakers fire him. I've long said roster was a little more important to change up than firing him, but I'm starting to change my mind.

This team isn't going anywhere with him. It's not the Lakers' health either.

D'Antoni is getting coached circles around in this series. He doesn't coach defense, and he's not even really a great offensive coach either. I know the Spurs have more talent on the court right now, but they get easy baskets just about every possession. Popovich has better offensive system in place.

That's not to say the roster doesn't need heavy changes, but the D'Antoni factor is even worse than I thought. And, I already thought it was really bad.

The Spurs pass to spots as much as they pass to each other.  The court intelligence is very apparent, which is a sign of smart, well prepared players.  

#103 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:54 PM

The Spurs pass to spots as much as they pass to each other.  The court intelligence is very apparent, which is a sign of smart, well prepared players.  

Yup, and they'll never be well-prepared under D'Antoni.

Popovich gets new players in the rotation all the time and they don't seem to miss a beat. He sits players for multiple games and they're ready to play when their number is called. I see none of that with this team.

I'm tired of people blaming just injuries for our issues. Yes, the Lakers would have won a little more without them. But, it's no excuse to have a team that looks this lost after this long. The Lakers didn't make many roster moves either during this season just so the Lakers would a more stable roster.

The coach needs to have his team prepared no matter who is on the court, and they pretty much look the same as when he first got here.

Edited by Japago, April 26, 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users