Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,500 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:28 AM

17-25 is D'Antoni.

28-12 is Kobe as well as Dwight getting healthy.
iyjywo.jpg

#44 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,500 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:29 AM

This is what Mitch sees

We all see that. The only question is who's responsible for it.

Hint: it's not D'Antoni.
iyjywo.jpg

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,421 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Mitch doesn't seem to think so.

I think MDI posted something on the last page.  Which is pretty much what I expect Mitch to think.  He's going to give MDA more credit than us fans will.   He also has the privileged as he said of seeing how the team is coached every day in practice etc to come to his decisions about credit he gives the guy.  

Like I said, Mitch isn't firing D'antoni, because

1) the situation he feels he was hired into
2) the injuries
3) Changing his system
4) Familiarity with the roster and personnel and finding the right offense for them.

Mitch feels that after all that happened that we went on a run.  In that winning streak 28/12.  Kobe missed games, Dwight missed games, Pau missed games, and Nash missed games.

So I doubt that Mitch is as willing to say that the 28/12 was "all" Kobe and nothing else.

But then again I don't know the guy.  But it seems he's spreading credit around and  feels D'antoni doesn't get enough.

#46 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,902 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:43 AM

Scott Skiles seems to be the perfect defensive coach for this veteran squad...He won't be the task master he was in MIL bc you don't have to teach as much

#47 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,902 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:47 AM

26-12 was KObe but I hear ya.

It is Kobe and Dwight and Pau and Blake, but D'Antoni deserves some credit.

this team looked HORRIBLE in the pre-season under Brown. And they were horrible for those first 5 games, except against the lowly  Pistons, they were set back when Hill,Pau and Dwight all exited the same game and the two hobbled in and out for that month or so. That really messed everything up, and still, if Kobe was here, we would be in line to get to the Finals possibly.

Oh well.

Team builds confidence enough to know that when we do get the Black Mamba back; we going back-to back.

BOOK IT

#48 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:49 AM

WOW
https://twitter.com/...805625089499136

LAL did it with D: they held HOU to a single FG in overtime, in 7 attempts. LAL made 3 of 9 FG's, and both teams made 3 of 4 FT's.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#49 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,500 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:50 AM

Mitch doesn't seem to think so.

I think MDI posted something on the last page. Which is pretty much what I expect Mitch to think. He's going to give MDA more credit than us fans will. He also has the privileged as he said of seeing how the team is coached every day in practice etc to come to his decisions about credit he gives the guy.

Like I said, Mitch isn't firing D'antoni, because

1) the situation he feels he was hired into
2) the injuries
3) Changing his system
4) Familiarity with the roster and personnel and finding the right offense for them.

Mitch feels that after all that happened that we went on a run. In that winning streak 28/12. Kobe missed games, Dwight missed games, Pau missed games, and Nash missed games.

So I doubt that Mitch is as willing to say that the 28/12 was "all" Kobe and nothing else.

But then again I don't know the guy. But it seems he's spreading credit around and feels D'antoni doesn't get enough.

Your reasoning of "Mitch doesn't think so" doesn't cut it when other posters and facts have stated otherwise regarding D'Antoni and his presence here.

Mitch isn't going to state anything that doesn't endorse D'Antoni as the future coach of the Lakers because that's his job. He's not going to throw him under the bus, so using Mitch's thoughts as your reasoning is faulty logic.

Fact of the matter is, this team abandoned D'Antoni and his system (whatever it was) and developed a winning strategy behind the strategizing of Kobe, the somewhat reemergence of Pau (due to Kobe's direction) and the improved health of Dwight Howard.

I don't see any adjustments made on coach D'Antoni's end and I won't give him credit for failing to manage his players properly, failing to develop an effective offensive system and failing to recognize when it's time to rest your franchise player during the biggest stretch of the season.

Edited by Massacre, April 18, 2013 - 12:51 AM.

iyjywo.jpg

#50 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,421 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:54 AM

WOW

We don't play defense tho.

#51 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 167 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 01:41 AM

"No training camp, all the injuries, through the end of the season he's done a great job."

This is just a TERRIBLE statement.

#52 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,486 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 18, 2013 - 06:21 AM

WOW

everybody, but most specifically Dwight, were beasting on D

#53 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:16 AM

I told you folks so many times. Stop thining that Mike D will be gone. Lakers will keep Mike D no matter what. Why are you guys so surprised?  We all want him to be gone but Jim Buss will not let this happen. Phill will not be part of the lakers anytime soon. Sorry you guys thats reality. We have to deal with what is here.  Stop crying and [expletive]ing about this.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#54 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:19 AM

This is horrible news

#55 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Trail-Blazers-fire-coach-Nate-McMillan-H

#56 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:30 AM

Most of you have obviously never coached a day in your life.

All of the bad luck this guy had to work with?  And he "deserves" to be fired?

Nash broke his leg before MDA got there...

Howard had back surgery before MDA got there...

Pau suffered from plantar fasciitis and needed rest...then tore his fascia and needed MORE rest...

MWP had knee surgery...

Kobe tore his achilles tendon...

Starting 4 (Pau/Nash/Kobe/Howard) played 22 games together...

And it was MDA's fault?

And you expected him to get the boot?  

Are you forgetting we are paying MDA AND Mike Brown as coaches for the next 2 years (at least)?

Are you forgetting that we STILL made the playoffs after this horrendous season?

Are you forgetting that we finished the season STRONG after Dwight AND Nash returned?

Doesn't that lend credence to the belief that with this roster healthy, we ARE a top 4 seed in the West with MDA as coach?

Most coaches would have packed it in.  They would not have been able to get to a 7th seed under all of that pressure in LA's bright lights...MDA has proven that he can handle adversity AND the many STAR PERSONALITIES that are attracted to LAL.  He has not been perfect but his mistakes are WILDLY exaggerated in contrast to his strengths and successes, which have been EXTREMELY downplayed or dismissed OR attributed to someone (Kobe) or something (luck) else...

That being said, there is still a possibility MDA gets canned...but it's a very, very slim one.  If Dwight requests that MDA is fired, he will be...despite everything I said previously.

Now why is that slim?  Because MDA knows it.  MDA knows that he needs to keep Dwight fed and happy during this playoff run.  That will put all of the pressure on Dwight's shoulders (can he be the centerpiece of a team) and take it off MDA's.  It also reassures Dwight that MDA is willing to move forward with HIM as the centerpiece and face of the franchise.  I think that's what Dwight wants most out of this time without Kobe.  A chance to prove that he IS LAL's next great superstar.  To make Los Angeles fall in love with him all over again.  To have a chance to make them forget about Kobe.

If the Lakers have a good showing the in the first round...taking the Spurs to 7...if Dwight gets to assert himself...if the Lakers play the game thru Dwight and Pau...MDA has a good chance of winning a Dwight endorsement.

Plus Dwight won't win many fans in the coaching ranks running another coach out of town...(SVG, Mike Brown...)  And his critics will have a field day with the story, especially if MDA does everything he can to keep him happy.

Some of you never gave MDA a chance...that hasn't changed.  At least admit that he's earned his pay this year...that is the truth.

The other truth is you could spend every day of the season and criticize every coach in the NBA in every game if you were inclined to.  Some decisions aren't popular.  Some aren't made for a "win".  Sometimes a coach is trying to build something in the longterm and the only way to hammer his point home is to watch his team struggle thru the learning curve.  Sometimes he plays a player who needs confidence when the rest of the team doesn't have confidence in that player yet.  Sometimes he benches a player who has too much confidence to teach him discipline.  Sometimes he plays 2 people together so they can learn to play different roles than the ones they are accustomed to.

Coaching is HARD.  It's exhausting mentally and physically.  It doesn't help when everyone is second guessing your every decision...when fans who have never played a day in their life pretend to know how to manage your team better than you do.

Give the guy a break.  I know, I know...you never wanted him, he doesn't teach defense, he's a mental midget...blah, blah, blah...etc, etc, etc...duly, triply noted...just step down off your high horse for a little while and give credit where credit is due.

#57 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:39 AM

Oh another condescending post by GCMD.

Shocking.

#58 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,166 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:41 AM

I would love to see Kurt Rambis brought in as our defensive coach next year. His philosophy is so much like Phil's  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#59 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,261 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Just a nice little +1 by Mitch going into the playoffs.

MDA has his days numbered.

Ridiculous that our players had to practically coach themselves for the better part of the last half of the season.

#60 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,261 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Lol at the 'bad luck' that MD encountered.

Hey GCMD, was it really bad luck that MD ignored the post presence of both Dwight and Pau to the point where the players had to tune him out and actually play to their strengths? Was it bad luck that MD didn't give a lick about defense until he was under fire from the fans and media? He dug his own grave by trying turn our beloved Lakers into his PHX teams. Yeah, he's seen the light by now but the damage is already done and we've seen what he is as a coach. Time to move on, again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users