Photo

(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers playoff series discussion

Lakers vs Spurs poll

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Poll: Lakers VS Spurs (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win and in how many games?

1. Lakers in 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Lakers in 5 (1 votes [1.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.67%

3. Lakers in 6 (19 votes [31.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.67%

4. Lakers in 7 (9 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

5. Spurs in 4 (14 votes [23.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

6. Spurs in 5 (10 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

7. Spurs in 6 (6 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

8. Spurs in 7 (1 votes [1.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,149 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 23, 2013 - 04:43 PM

If his body can withstand it. Dude took two epidural shots just to be able to play game 1. 

Let me remind those of you who are unaware, that's that [expletive] pregnant women get to give birth... so he's gotta be in some kind of pain.

But i truly hope he does find his rhythm. We need some kind of perimeter offense.

Shows how bad he wants to help this team.

We aren't beating San Antonio if Meeks is starting.  Simple as that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#202 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2013 - 07:03 PM

If his body can withstand it. Dude took two epidural shots just to be able to play game 1. 

Let me remind those of you who are unaware, that's that [expletive] pregnant women get to give birth... so he's gotta be in some kind of pain.

But i truly hope he does find his rhythm. We need some kind of perimeter offense.

His body is breaking down. And, the Lakers have him signed on for 2 more years. :laughing:

Hiring D'Antoni was the worst move the Lakers have done, but the Nash signing was pretty awful in it's own right. I wasn't very excited about the move when it happened, and it's been worse than I've imagined.

Posted Image

#203 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2013 - 07:19 PM

His body is breaking down. And, the Lakers have him signed on for 2 more years. :laughing:

Hiring D'Antoni was the worst move the Lakers have done, but the Nash signing was pretty awful in it's own right. I wasn't very excited about the move when it happened, and it's been worse than I've imagined.

Next year will be his last year with the team.  With the stretch provision in the CBA available, no way do they pay him that much for a third year.

• 40,604 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:15 PM

yo.

#205 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Next year will be his last year with the team.  With the stretch provision in the CBA available, no way do they pay him that much for a third year.

I know. It's still a huge waste though. When Steve Blake has proven to be a better option that you are, that's pathetic. His decent shooting numbers have had no effect on this team. And, he hasn't really been a good playmaker at all.

Posted Image

#206 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 09:29 PM

I know. It's still a huge waste though. When Steve Blake has proven to be a better option that you are, that's pathetic. His decent shooting numbers have had no effect on this team. And, he hasn't really been a good playmaker at all.

Well to be fair, I wouldn't blame that completely on him.  He suffered that broken leg, then came back and they tried to run a system like his days in Phoenix. 

There's really been no set role for him this year which is not good for a 39 year old player, especially when that player is a point guard.

Without that set role and horrible defense (which we knew we were getting), it just hasn't been a good situation for him.

#207 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,496 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000

Posted April 23, 2013 - 09:48 PM

I don't blame Nash at all. I blame the coach. He thinks we have the young Nash that can play 7 seconds or less. No we don't. Nash has been used poorly and that is the coach's fault.

Posted Image

#208 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 10:01 PM

Well to be fair, I wouldn't blame that completely on him.  He suffered that broken leg, then came back and they tried to run a system like his days in Phoenix. 

There's really been no set role for him this year which is not good for a 39 year old player, especially when that player is a point guard.

Without that set role and horrible defense (which we knew we were getting), it just hasn't been a good situation for him.

Nash himself is partially to blame. I think he can play better. But, I think the signing and how the roster was put together in general was just bad. They gave Nash way too much money/years, didn't put a lot of depth around the team, and play in a system the tires even young players out, much less the older players on the team.

Posted Image

#209 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Every move except MA was about right. Having kobe playing the two and take the load off him + pnr with Howard(who came after) was the ideal situation for the team. As mentioned above, what the went through plus his injury was detrimental for him. Let alone playing the 1 along kobe .  

#210 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:21 AM

This isn't Nash's fault.  He's old (not his fault), He got injured (not his fault), and he can't play defense (not his fault). 

Mitch Kupchak signed the guy--blame him.  Sessions wasn't great, and Nash was a bit of a gamble--and it simply didn't turn out well.  These things happen.

Look what other teams did with veterns, like Odom, Jason Terry, and Jason Kidd.  While those gambles worked out, Mitch's gamble didn't. 

#211 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:36 AM

Where's da passion and pride? Are these just memories? No standards of play each time its an experiment, I don't see anyone sporting Laker Flags on their rides, or much gear, loads of Clipper folks but they have been in hiding for eons, lol. Some folks believe the Titanic wouldn't sink and now maybe think it will resurface, this team is like that, changes must be made, period.

#212 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted April 24, 2013 - 01:18 PM

I think the lack of flags is an indication of a very LA trait--fair weather fans.  If the Lakers get into the conference finals, then the flags will be back.  And really, what is there to be proud about this season?  The lowly Clippers swept us, Kobe is out, and we squeeked into the playoffs by the hair of our chinny chin chin. 

For tonight the four words are:  Feed the Big Dog. 

#213 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 24, 2013 - 01:53 PM

I think the lack of flags is an indication of a very LA trait--fair weather fans. If the Lakers get into the conference finals, then the flags will be back. And really, what is there to be proud about this season? The lowly Clippers swept us, Kobe is out, and we squeeked into the playoffs by the hair of our chinny chin chin.

For tonight the four words are: Feed the Big Dog.

We made the playoffs despite a 17-25 start and despite all of our injuries. That is something to be proud about. The Western conference is not easy we're not like the [expletive]ing bucks or celtics who got in with losing records. What also needs to happen tonight- Ron must guard ginobili. Clark doesn't have the experience. Just hope Ron is dialed in cuz if he is no way ginobili has the kind of game he had in game 1. It's not much of a gamble at all and even if it is a little, it's now or never.

Edited by LakersChamps243, April 24, 2013 - 01:55 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#214 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 24, 2013 - 05:51 PM

if lakers lose this one it would be very tough to climb out of 0-2 with the spurs..

Posted Image

#215 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:38 PM

A sweep is very possible now. The Lakers' best players aren't playing great, and the role players sans Blake are just awful.

Posted Image

#216 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yea....we are getting swept. Too many dumb players on this team with a dumb coach

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#217 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Just like I wanted the Lakers to make the playoffs even though they weren't going to do anything, I hope the Lakers at least win a game. It's a lot more embarrassing to get swept than to lose in 5, like it's more embarrassing to not make the playoffs than to barely make it in.

Posted Image

#218 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Bring out the broom
Posted Image

#219 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,869 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:10 PM

is it bad that I don't even care we lost?

#220 UglyMoe

UglyMoe

Rookie

• 203 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:19 PM

Just getting into playoffs was the Lakers superbowl. The team's standards are that low this year. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)