Photo

Lakers make the playoffs, Mike D saves his job. Lakers don't, Mike D out.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Lakers make the playoffs, Mike D saves his job. Lakers don't, Mike D out. (15 member(s) have cast votes)

LakerWhat is your choice for lakers fate?

1. Lakers make the playoffs. Who cares if Mike D is our coach next year! (10 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Lakers miss the playoffs so Lakers can fire Mike D (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,112 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 17, 2013 - 10:03 AM

I know a lot of you guys would love for the Lakers to fire Mike D antoni but as you all know it is not that easy. The Lakers are going into a very important game tonight. People view it as win or go home mentality.  Mike D Antoni is coaching for his job.  Like Ramona said, if the lakers missed the playoffs, all bets are off. So let me asked you this Lakers fans. You wanted this guy to be fired so bad would you willing to root for the Lakers to lose against the Rockets just so the Lakers can fire Mike D Antoni?  You do know that if the Lakers makes the playoff, Datoni for sure will be the coach for next season right?  Even if we get swept in the first round Mike's job is save.

So what do you say Lakers fans?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,865 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 17, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I would vote the first option, but the questions are loaded. I want the Lakers to make the playoffs, but I obviously care if MDA is our coach next year (I'd hope for a coaching upgrade).... I don't look at it in this presented light.

Edited by -Wade-, April 17, 2013 - 10:10 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 17, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Playoffs or not, if MDA is here next year...I'm gonna lose it.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted April 17, 2013 - 10:22 AM

What? [expletive] the playoffs then!

That's how bad I want MDA outta here!

:pray:

Posted Image

#5 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted April 17, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I don't think them making the playoffs or not should make a difference. I'd rather have more Laker games to watch. If you told me missing the playoffs would guarantee that D'Antoni is gone, I'd rather have them miss the playoffs, because anything but a championship is a failure and I don't see D'Antoni taking this team (or any team outside of the Heat) to a championship, even when completely healthy.

#6 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 17, 2013 - 10:55 AM

Unless the Lakers make a deep playoff run I can't see Mike keeping his job. His dumb decision to play Kobe all those minutes leading to the injury is just the tip of the iceberg ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#7 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 17, 2013 - 11:22 AM

"I will ride him until he breaks" well he broke :(
Posted Image

#8 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted April 17, 2013 - 11:26 AM

I want the Lakers to make the playoffs, so I voted the first option.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#9 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 912 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 17, 2013 - 12:02 PM

I know a lot of you guys would love for the Lakers to fire Mike D antoni but as you all know it is not that easy. The Lakers are going into a very important game tonight. People view it as win or go home mentality. Mike D Antoni is coaching for his job. Like Ramona said, if the lakers missed the playoffs, all bets are off. So let me asked you this Lakers fans. You wanted this guy to be fired so bad would you willing to root for the Lakers to lose against the Rockets just so the Lakers can fire Mike D Antoni? You do know that if the Lakers makes the playoff, Datoni for sure will be the coach for next season right? Even if we get swept in the first round Mike's job is save.

So what do you say Lakers fans?

I don't think this is fair. We shouldn't settle for a coach that could get our very talented players to the playoffs... we have a championship caliber team (healthy).
Our coach should be able to manage veteran's play time, as well as our superstars' egos, all while securing a top seed and getting us to the finals.
It's inexcusable to be able to save his spot as coach just because he may make the playoffs while arguably being the reason why Kobe, Pau, Nash, Jordan hill, and Dwight suffer injuries and struggle to make the playoffs.
How many of those injuries happened during the end of the 4th quarter? A time during which, with our talent, our superstars should be resting with the 20 point lead they should have accumulated during these games...

#10 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,112 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 12:24 PM

You guys actually believe that even if the Lakers make the playoffs Mike D will be fired?  Wow.  You do know that Jim Buss and Mitch is trying to find any excuses to keep Mike D mainly for financial purposes right?  You do know that if they fire Mike D they have to pay 3 coaches salary right?  Ofcourse if the lakers didn't make the playoffs their hands is kind of tied and if they dont fire the coach, the PR will be really bad. However, if they make the playoffs they can have this excuses of "Kobe was out, so many injuries, no training camp and we still make the playoff as the 7 seed"  blah blah blah.  Look. I would love for the Lakers to fire Mike D.  I want him gone the minute he had no idea how to use Pau earlier in the season already. But this is just not the case. 

Edited by epicwolf, April 17, 2013 - 12:25 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#11 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,173 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 17, 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's not that I really care if MDA is out. All I really care about is Phil Jackson being our coach again.

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,112 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 12:46 PM

It's not that I really care if MDA is out. All I really care about is Phil Jackson being our coach again.

I dont think it will happen.  As much as everybody want it to be it wont happen. I just find it stupid that fans keep on crying and [expletive]ing about somethign that probably not going to happen.   We have to settle what is already here and we have to live with it. Stop crying for phil when you know the chances of phil coaching the lakers is not that great. Not if Jim Buss is running the show.

#13 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,432 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Why waste a year? Let's make history. 

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,622 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 17, 2013 - 12:57 PM

What? [expletive] the playoffs then!

That's how bad I want MDA outta here!

:pray:

Wow praying for the Lakers to fail just so their coach gets fired...

After all Kobe has sacrificed to get us this far?   How selfish.

Make the playoffs for Kobe and try to make a deep run. 

Don't wait till the final game of the season and let down the guy that ruptured his Achilles to get the team this far.

At the very least you could say "win the championship this year then let him go" like other people have.

Trust me, you'll hate MISSING the playoffs more when you sit back and THINK about Kobe's sacrifice going to absolute waste by not making the playoffs. 

Especially given the fact they probably won't fire him(D'antoni).   

Mitch has been very stern on the "injuries are harming us, and despite that D'antoni has a 27-12 record since the Memphis loss in January"  kind of tip.

He obviously feels without the injuries and with a training camp that we'd win more often.

That plus the money thing.

I've pretty much accepted that D'antoni isn't going anywhere unless he begins the season with a bad record next season.

So I want the Lakers to succeed regardless of the coach at this point.

#ForKobe

Edited by Majesty, April 17, 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 17, 2013 - 05:37 PM

I still get the feeling Dwight is going to ask him to be ousted if the Lakers want him to re-sign.

• 40,395 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 05:42 PM

^ Sadly, that might be our greatest & only hope.

yo.

#17 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 17, 2013 - 06:20 PM

I still get the feeling Dwight is going to ask him to be ousted if the Lakers want him to re-sign.

He may be worried though to be called coach killer. 

#18 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 332 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:59 PM

He may be worried though to be called coach killer. 

Except this time he doesn't have to worry, he will be commended and praised. We ain't losing no Stan Van Gundy over here

#19 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:08 PM

If we get swept he could get fired lmfao

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,622 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 17, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Now some are hoping we get swept now so he gets fired.

Ask for success always.

A Championship is a Championship whether you like the coach or not.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users