Photo

Portland's Will Barton Idolized Kobe, Admires Him

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 06:53 PM

http://www.blazersed...r-lakers-g-kobe

Mike Acker of Rip City Project writes for the Willamette Week about Portland Trail Blazers guard Will Barton and his well-known appreciation for Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant. After the two went head-to-head last week, with Bryant dropping 47 points, Acker caught up with Barton for his reaction.

"Definitely it's surreal," Barton said of going head-to-head with a player he idolized as a youth. "I was just watching this guy in middle school and high school, watching all his highlights, emulating his moves, taking differing bits and pieces from his game and trying to put them into mine. I always looked up to him, and to play against him today it was kind of surreal."

"As soon as the ball tips, all I'm thinking about is competing, playing hard, defending whoever I'm playing against and just making winning plays," Barton said. "At the end of the day, we're all professional. I feel like I'm just as good as anybody else. He's Kobe Bryant. He is who he is. He's one of the best. [But] I'm not going to ask him for his autograph or anything like that."

20130410_ajl_sx3_034.0_standard_783.0.jp

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,536 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 16, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Should ask Kobe to sign the ball that he SWATTED for him. Gonna try to dunk on the Mamba? C'mon man.

#3 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,873 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'd at least ask him to sign a jersey or paid of Kobes for me lol

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users