Photo

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 02:14 PM

I always hear about Venom, but what about Carnage damn it!?

3UttBaw.jpg

Dane DeHaan for the motha'[expletive]in' WIN!!!

yo.

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 03:02 PM

yo.

#103 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,494 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 01, 2014 - 03:44 PM

‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Will Setup ‘Sinister Six’ Characters

Sinister-Six-Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg

Thing about the Sinister SIx, aren't they eventually lead by the Red Skull? 

PLEASE can Marvel put their differences aside with Sony and such. I want THIS Amazing Spider-Man with the Avengers, justp ut Andrew Garfield and Robert Doeney Jr in the same freaking room and let the hilarious back and forth ensue before RDJ retires from being Tony Stark.  

It's GOT to happen!!! 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#104 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 01, 2014 - 04:14 PM

PLEASE can Marvel put their differences aside with Sony and such. I want THIS Amazing Spider-Man with the Avengers, justp ut Andrew Garfield and Robert Doeney Jr in the same freaking room and let the hilarious back and forth ensue before RDJ retires from being Tony Stark.  

It's GOT to happen!!! 

That actually would be pretty funny. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#105 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,297 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted April 01, 2014 - 04:51 PM

‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Writer Roberto Orci Talks ‘Sinister Six’ & ‘Venom’ Spin-Offs

Spider-man 2 Screenshot from the oscorp scene

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Morbius-Venom-Easte

Roberto-Orci-Talks-Sinister-Six-and-Veno

Orci was asked – courtesy of Roth Cornet at IGN – how the writers/producers plan to approach the Sinister Six and Venom films, considering the movies will primarily feature villains as protagonists. Will they be bad guys-turned-good guys (sort of) in the film, a la the Marvel comic book Thunderbolts? Orci said:

“That’s the discussion we’re having right now; how exactly do you do that, and how do you do it without betraying the audience and making them all mean? Drew Goddard [the director/co-writer of 'The Cabin in the Woods'] is going to be writing that one, so it’s kind of his problem. [Laughs.] I’m kidding. We’re all working on each other’s stuff. So we want to be true to it, but there are some anti-heroes in this day and age. There’s been examples of that even on TV – Vic Mackey on ‘The Shield,’ one of the great anti-heroes of all time. There are ways to milk that story. Audiences have seen everything. They’ve seen all the good guys who never do anything wrong. Is there a story in seeing the other side? That’s the challenge, and that’s the fun. I’m not sure how we’re going to do that yet.”

Though it would no doubt be interesting to see comic book movie anti-heroes treated with as much seriousness and grit as a character like Vic Mackey or even Walter White from Breaking Bad, it seems much more likely that the villainy and darkness in these films will be toned down for the big screen. Can you imagine Doctor Octopus or The Rhino poisoning a little kid or covering up the murder of an altogether different little kid or ordering the deaths of several (relatively) innocent people over the course of a 90-minute summer blockbuster movie? Sure, it’s possible – but it’s not probable.

Venom_Vol_2_25_Textless.jpg

On how the villains of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 are created, Orci said:

“Oscorp plays an important part in how our villains get created, obviously, in the first one. So because Peter becoming Spider-Man came out of that, rather than saying, ‘And then this alien came from space,’ or whatever, they’re doing human-hybrid, weird stuff at Oscorp. That’s where Gwen Stacy works [...] as well. So the idea of it representing the good and the bad of science, that it can do great things, but it can also mess you up and do weird things and transform people – as all science can be used for good or bad. So it’s nice to have that organizing principal, but it wasn’t like, ‘We must keep it at Oscorp.’ It flowed naturally from the story development.”

Edited by Bjork, April 01, 2014 - 04:53 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 04:56 PM

Enough Venom. Want to hear more about Carnage.

yo.

#107 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,297 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted April 01, 2014 - 05:01 PM

Enough Venom. Want to hear more about Carnage.

New Details On the ‘Venom’script

venom_wip_by_danluvisiart-d5ueshr.jpg

Superhero Hype recently caught up with Rhett Resse and Paul Wernick, the two screenwriters who penned a first draft of the Venom spin-off for Sony Pictures. The resulting discussion yielded a few choice tidbits about how the screenwriters view Venom, and what Sony and Marvel may be envisioning for the project.

From the sound of things so far, Resse and Wernick are fairly big fans of Venom, enough so that they took the proactive route, approaching Sony with a pitch for a Venom spin-off:

“Venom is something that we’re very fired up to be writing… We have turned in a draft and are waiting to hear back, so it’s early in the process. But it’s a thrill to be writing ‘Venom’ for obvious reasons.”

Of course, as with any Marvel property, there were a TON of sacred character and continuum guidelines (Wernick calls them “the 47 rules”) the screenwriters had to adhere to while writing the Venom script:

“Obviously, with a character like Venom there’s a ton of stuff to draw from… Then they had specific rules about the villain and the backstory and stuff like that, so there were certain things they wanted us… certain parameters they gave us. But largely we pitched them something and they liked it but they had changes, so we worked on the outline for a long time and then we wrote the script. So with Marvel and Sony and us it’s definitely very, very collaborative.”

#108 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,494 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 12:44 AM

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 holds 85% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes thanks to pre-screening and looks as if it will be on pace to shatter 95 million on Opening 

amazing-spiderman-2.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop

The film has so far received positive reviews. It currently holds an 85% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes from 13 reviews.[81] Tim Robey of The Telegraph said, "Marc Webb's Spider-Man sequel is overstuffed with high-voltage villains, but the sparks between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone save the day".[82] Simon Reynolds of Digital Spy said, "Peter's past, present and future all intertwine in a sequel that offers bang for your buck. That said you can't help feel the franchise bean counters at work here thanks to all the ominous foreshadowing and unresolved character arcs. Too many cooks and all that..."[83] Leslie Felperin of The Hollywood Reporter said, "The eponymous hero hits his super-heroic stride here, as does Andrew Garfield in the role, especially when Spider-Man's alter ego Peter Parker learns there's always some fine print in a contract with this many benefits. The plot gets itself tangled up in multiple villain strands, but in the main, this installment is emotionally weightier and more satisfying than its predecessor."[84] Guy Lodge of Varietysaid, "Redundancy remains a problem, but this overlong superhero sequel gets by on sound, fury and star chemistry."[85]

The second superhero blockbuster of the year, Marc Webb’s “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” is on track for a potential $95 million Stateside opening next month.

According to insider estimates, the movie could earn as much as $100 million when it swing into theaters on May 2.

The $95 million estimate would put Sony’s pic more than $30 million ahead of the “The Amazing Spider-Man” and on par with Disney-Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” which bowed to a record-breaking $96 million last weekend. “The Amazing Spider-Man” went on to gross $752 million worldwide ($262 million domestic).

http://variety.com/2...ing-1201155591/

THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!! YES YES YES!!!!  SINISTER SIX AND SECRET WARS MOVIE WILL BE HAPPENING IF THIS MOVIE CONTINUES TO DO WELL! YES!!! 

#109 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,096 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted April 16, 2014 - 01:33 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#110 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 01:51 PM

What happened to her? She's looking incredibly unhealthy

Pau Gasol is GONE

#111 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted April 16, 2014 - 02:46 PM

just looks like she was under the weather...

Posted Image

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 04:12 PM

Terrific, you should've posted one of the oversized giant Hasselhoff videos instead, lol.

If you're talking weight-wise, maybe she's been influenced by her man, who is relatively thin naturally himself however pre-Spiderman at least.

yo.

#113 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 04:22 PM

just looks like she was under the weather...

Being under the weather makes you look like a toothpick?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#114 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,494 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone & Jamie Foxx Answer Kids' Questions Hilariously [VIDEO]

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has swung into theatres all over the United Kingdom and Australia, but the film is yet to hold its premiere in the US. To promote the film in the UK, stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx sat down and answered some questions from Britains' youth. The stars of the film were answered some truly awesome questions by some of the youngest Spider-Man fans. Watch as Andrew makes up why Spider-Man's colours are red and blue; plus, does Emma Stone "like Andrew in real life?" you can find all that and more in the video below! 

VIDEO IN DESCRIPTION(also included Jamie Foxx randomly breaking out in false gospel about Spider-Man after a question is asked) 

http://www.superhero...medium=facebook

:laughing:   It's really worth the watch lol.  They're so classy and funny.  Andrew hinting at the symbiote at the very end ;)

Edited by Majesty, April 24, 2014 - 02:30 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 02, 2014 - 12:37 AM

This ain't bad at all imo.

http://www.huffingto..._n_5251384.html

69713e12_o.png

yo.

#116 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,494 posts

Posted May 02, 2014 - 01:00 AM

THE STUDIOS NEED TO PUT THEIR DIFFERENCES ASIDE!!

THIS WORLD NEEDS A SCENE WITH ANDREW GARFIELD AS PETER PARKER AND ROBERT DOWNEY JR AS TONY STARK IN ONE ROOM!! THE WORLD NEEDS IT BEFORE RDJ RETIRES AS IRON MAN!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!! PUT SPIDEY IN THE AVENGERS!! 

#117 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,904 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2014 - 01:23 AM

Watched it a few hours ago.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 02, 2014 - 01:28 AM

^ Your thoughts?

http://www.rottentom...g_spider_man_2/

7b39bc98_l.png

http://www.metacriti...ng-spider-man-2

49d8ab85_o.png

yo.

#119 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,494 posts

Posted May 02, 2014 - 01:51 AM

Was a very good spider-man movie.    It's sort of a 50/50 movie I guess you could say.  But not 50/50 in terms of love/hate  it was more 50/50 in terms of LOVE/Eh

Gwen and Peter were fantastic!!! The chemistry is still there and Andrew Garfield is of course the perfect Peter Parker and the best Spider-Man.    

Electro's reasonings for disliking Spider-Man is very comic book villain like and there are a few comic book villain lines that make youw ant to say "Man.. you come right out of a comic book".

Harry Osbourne WAS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! As Peter's best friend as well as a villain.  

The backstory once more was explored a bit more in terms of Harry's past and the Sinister Six was teased.  The problem is they can't go ALL the way into the Sinister Six without Captain America because Red Skull gets involved with them as then Captain America does. 

So the entire Sinister Six arc as well as the Secret Wars which this could ALL lead to can't be done unless both of these studios put away their problems because that's what feels like is missing.  

You LOVE the avenues they are going with the story but you know deep down it can't be completed in full without Captain America and Iron Man etc. 

That's the shame because it's in the same universe but the studios can't see past their feud.  They have the perfect spider-man and the perfect setups to lead into the Avengers or even X-men but you know it can't happen unless these studios put their differences aside. 

One of the reasons you can feel mixed about it is because you know it can't go as deep as it can because it can't include anyone else. It can't include X-Men it can't include any Avengers. 

But the actors were on point, the storyline was as much of the story as they could tell though I'd love for it to go deeper but I know it can't.  

The climax of the movie and the final fights are fantastic and if you've read the comics you have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen and I won't spoil it here. 

But all the actors do fantastic, it has it's cheesy moments but it's comic book cheesiness.   There is really no reason to "dislike" the movie.  As you can see of the critics reviews a LOT are mixed or positive and only 4 people dislike it out of 48.    

The movies a good film you just know they could do so much more if it was all one world and if it was a longer movie.  

Better than the first movie, and it made up on the mistakes of the first and Spider-Man seems less hipster which is a plus.

All and all it was a great sequel to a good movie, but there is still so much to explore.  It wasn't really clotted and I do love the twist they did on Rhino which I also won't spoil here.

Also... ... there is something I must say....spoiler tags are needed 

Spoiler

That is all.  But yeah you get the feeling after this Sinister Six story arc is complete as well as the *spoiler in the above* arc is complete that they won't have anymore avenues to explore storywise without including the avengers so I hope the next two movies(sinister Six and Amazing Spider-Man 3) all do fantastic enough that the studios can put their differences aside and give us Garfield and Downey together in a scene. 

I swear if at the end of the Amazing Spider-Man 3 Aunt May introduces Peter to Tony Stark I WILL MARK THE [expletive] OUT!!! 

But it's only a dream. 

It's a fantastic spider-man movie, it's worth seeing.  There will be parts you absolutely adore and others that will make you feel a little empty, but all an all it's a very good spider-man movie.  It won't be held on the iconic status of Raimi's 2nd movie but it didn't have to.  Was satisfied and despite having Rhino, Electro and Goblin in it, they found a way to not force it all together Spider-Man 3 style which was a welcome for me.  

Also one last thing... SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER!!

Spoiler

In my opinion avoiding the trailers past the 2nd one is the best thing for you to do and not watching the extra scenes so you aren't waiting for them.  But if you get past that it's a solid film.   People are either going to love it or love parts of it and feel empty about others.  Solid sequel and after this film you will really feel like he's finally the established Spider-Man whereas in the first he was still a rookie. 

At the end of this film he's the Spider-Man we all come to know and love that goes on weekly adventures which is a perfect setup for the third film if indeed it's going to have 

Spoiler

It will more or less be a movie that critics are divided by but actual comic book movie goers will likely enjoy. 

Edited by Majesty, May 02, 2014 - 01:57 AM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 02, 2014 - 02:01 AM

Harry Osbourne WAS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! As Peter's best friend as well as a villain.  

No surprise here. This guy truly has the "it" factor to him no question about it. Have you seen the movie 'Chronicle'? Watch that one of his if you haven't already.

http://www.mtv.com/n...next-big-thing/

4155411c_o.png

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users