#1 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,952 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 14, 2013 - 10:30 AM

The groundswell of protests that has apparently forced Reebok to end its relationship with the rapper Rick Ross has focused attention on the feminist group UltraViolet, which harnessed social media and even placed ads on Facebook in a campaign against Mr. Ross after he rapped about drugging a woman and having sex with her without her knowledge.

On Friday, a day after Reebok’s decision to sever ties with him, Mr. Ross, who initially denied that his rap described a rape, issued a statement apologizing for the lyrics he performed in the song “U.O.E.N.O.,” by the rapper Rocko.

https://www.nytimes....ia-protest.html

Lyrics:

Put molly all in her Champagne

She ain’t even know it

I took her home and I enjoyed that

She ain’t even know it.

Rick Ross' Statement:

Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets. As an artist, one of the most liberating things is being able to paint pictures with my words. But with that comes a great responsibility. And most recently, my choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize. To every woman that has felt the sting of abuse, I apologize. I recognize that as an artist I have a voice and with that, the power of influence. To the young men who listen to my music, please know that using a substance to rob a woman of her right to make a choice is not only a crime, it’s wrong and I do not encourage it. To my fans, I also apologize if I have disappointed you. I can only hope that this sparks a healthy dialogue and that I can contribute to it.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, those lyrics are pretty damn clear indeed I'd say about the picture being painted, but at the same time, this sorta thing also bothers me somewhat in the sense of knowing that there's so many other rappers out there who have & will continue to do the same, if not worse and they don't get ousted so I don't see why this in particular has to be a special isolated case exactly.

yo.

#3 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 14, 2013 - 11:58 AM

uhhhh....they could do this for almost any rapper because they all reference women to "[expletive]es, sluts and hoes" in their lyrics.

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 29, 2013 - 11:13 AM

Had he said that immediately after the controversy, he would not have been dropped

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users