1 reply to this topic

#1 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted April 13, 2013 - 06:57 PM

kobe-470x260.jpg

In February of 1997, I attended the All-Star Game in Cleveland. (...) While I can barely be bothered to watch the Dunk Contest these days, for a nine year old in 1996, being at the Dunk Contest was like if Doug Funnie, Pete and Pete, Tommy Pickles, Ren and Stimpy, and the whole gang from Hey Dude came over to hang out at my house, and then Keenan and Kel gave me a Goodburger and an orange soda after they all left.

And after this particular dunk, I was hooked on an 18-year old rookie from the Los Angeles Lakers forever:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vNsNTdp9xk

(..) I had to meet KOBE before we left Cleveland. The next day at our hotel, my dad took me over to a rather large basketball player and introduced me to “the rookie from Los Angeles.” I said “Hi, Kobe” and he said “Hey, kid” and he signed my NBA at 50 book on the page where I got signatures from other rookies like Allen Iverson, Marcus Camby, Jermaine O’Neal and Roy Rogers. I proceeded to take up residence on Cloud Nine and brag to anyone who would listen that I had met Kobe, The Dude From The L.A. Lakers Who Dunked It Between His Legs. It was probably the highlight of my sports-related life to that point. (...)

FULL READ: http://www.hardwoodp...-least-not-yet/

Edited by I miss OTR, April 13, 2013 - 07:00 PM.

I'm still mad the Lakers lost to the C's in the Finals a few yrs ago!

ofznnl.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,293 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 13, 2013 - 07:58 PM

Kobe mother[expletive]ing bryant

ap1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe