Photo

Andrew Goudelock back with the Lakers (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#241 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 04:11 AM

Keep him.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#242 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,495 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:42 AM

20 points in a playoff game, keep him. Meeks is trash.

Posted Image

#243 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:02 AM

Quite a big difference between scoring meaningful baskets during the game and stat-padding in garbage time. He finished the first half with 6 points and scored his final 16 points when we were already down 20+.

I was there at the game, Morris kept making mistake after mistake like usual. Sure he scored a few buckets (once San Antonio went into cruise control), but he was horrible in basically every other aspect of the game. Goudelock was only taken advantage of on the defensive end when he was posted up by Kawhi Leonard on the block, otherwise he was solid. Morris on the other hand... just awful.

He would never fight over any pick despite getting burned countless time, lost his man on the switch off the pick many many times, would lose his man in transition (even when he was back there with him on a leak-out), and his decision-making is still absolutely terrible. For a guy who was supposedly defensive stopper material according to some fans (Why would anyone believe that? D'Antoni was the one who gave him that endorsement!), he is just absolutely TERRIBLE on that end.

He hurt us way more than he helped us yesterday, despite anything you might read from a boxscore.

We Obviously were not watching the same game. Even Pincus Tweeted that Parker completely got off once D'antoni switched Morris off of him and put him on Green. Which was pretty bad coaching. Also he finished the half with 6 because right when he found his groove he got a 2nd year player foul called against him then he did poke Parker in the eye resulting in the disaster known as Duhon hitting the court.

People love Goudelock because he dares to shoot those floaters over anyone, and make them. Not to mention his perimeter shooting. He has serious talent and if polished under the right system he can be what we need off the bench. He has also more mature attitude compared to Morris. Call it the age difference if you want but I don't think that is the case. We expected Morris to become the main facilitator off the bench after the draft. He had so many assist per game in college but it never translated to NBA. He didn't improve. Instead he went off to showboating. Goudelock was always playing in the gameplan. That is what it seperates them the most.

He will never play like he did in college if the coach tells him bring the ball up the court and stop at the top .... which is what the COACH is telling him to do. Don't believe it look at everyone who brings the ball up the court for LA its the exact same thing. Its the teams ineffective system. If Morris was not going according to the "Gameplan" as you suggested his game would look a lot better.

Also Morris has been the whole year he got plenty of opportunities the 1st 2 months of the season with Blake and Nash out and he looked horrible. Then they changed his role to just play defense/hustle and not suck on offense but he couldn't even handle that reduced role.

Morris looked horrible when Bernie was coaching? 

Lets all be honest he is the Lakers Fans favorite player to hate, and thats cool. Most of you guys are basing everything about him in a system that is horrible for EVERY player on the team but more so the point guard. I mean Steve Nash looked amazing on offense and defense all year right? No seriously .... right? Even counting only his healthy games Career Lows in everything. What was Nash, Hell what was Blake Goudelock, Doodoo and even Morris Doing? Take the ball to the top of the key dump it in the post or swing it left to right,. How many of the Lakers Guards can defend PG's One on One ... only two of them right Morris and Blake... How many can take a man off the dribble .... One Morris.... whos the worst three point shooter.. morris...... Who operates better on the break?.... Nash, Morris.... be real how many ally oop passes has blake tossed over the backboard or into the stands this year? Another Thing I just dont get is people say padding stats because we are down 20 .... so what is the team supposed to do just stop scoring and lose by 50?

Darius and Goudelock would work much better together than apart and some of you arent looking at the big picture... Morris can actually handle the ball much better than goudelock he can also get all the way to the hole for drive and dish plays hell he could kick it out to an open goude for easy threes all damn day or allow him to beat one guy rushing back with his floater. There is a lot of potential for both players on this team...... 

http://www.youtube.c...ture=youtu.be

Edited to add;. After watching that video I noticed I completely forgot to mention put backs and his height and the energy he brings to the court. I like someone who believes in hard work.... 

I like them both and believe when they put some people on this team who can consistently hit their shots and run the floor they will both look better.

Edited by viktorkain, April 28, 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#244 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 28, 2013 - 08:06 AM

Let's see what he'll bring in about 7 hours. If he scores on double digits again, keep him. Kobe didn't call him 'Mini Mamba" for nothing 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#245 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,308 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 28, 2013 - 12:35 PM

Let's see what he'll bring in about 7 hours. If he scores on double digits again, keep him. Kobe didn't call him 'Mini Mamba" for nothing 

I have a feeling Pop is gonna be ready for him this time around and will go out of his way to make it difficult.

That means other guys are gonna have to score.  But if Pop is crowding the lane Goudelock will get his chances.

having a big like Dwight is the best case scenario for a guy like Goudelock. 

If you can shoot off the dribble or screen and hit wide open shots, having Dwight Howard as your center will do wonders for your career.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#246 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,308 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Metta World Peace calls Goudelock the second best scorer on the team(Kobe being first)

@MettaWorldPeace 

Andrew Goudlock is amazing. I always told him that he was the second best scorer on the team. I told him that when he was a rookie.

When Andrew is in shape , there is absolutely no one who can guard him. Andrew is the best scorer in this series. #Lakerenergy

Metta isn't really one to BS so that is truly high praise from the guy.  Hopefully Goudelock does it again today and doesn't cramp up.

#247 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 01:54 PM

I hope Goudelock can grow like 3 more inches over the summer. That would be amazing.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#248 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,308 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 01:56 PM

I hope Goudelock can grow like 3 more inches over the summer. That would be amazing.

I just want Goudelock to improve his defense.  He's good at playing the pass lanes but he needs to get better at shrinking the floor.

I say to keep him in the off-season and have Nash work with him on 1 skills.  We see what Nash and Blake working together results.  

Give Nash and Goudelock a summer together and see what he brings in training camp.

#249 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted April 28, 2013 - 02:22 PM

I just want Goudelock to improve his defense.  He's good at playing the pass lanes but he needs to get better at shrinking the floor.

I say to keep him in the off-season and have Nash work with him on 1 skills.  We see what Nash and Blake working together results.  

Give Nash and Goudelock a summer together and see what he brings in training camp.

If he improves his defense he will be a much better player..... he bit on every single jab step Parker did last game. I think he may have been a bit excited though. 

#250 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,308 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 02:27 PM

If he improves his defense he will be a much better player..... he bit on every single jab step Parker did last game. I think he may have been a bit excited though. 

Yeah, got to admit though, Goudelock has a few good jabs and first step moves.  He made Parker bite on him, not just Parker but Ginobli and Leonard too.

We REALLY need to keep this kid.  If we want to keep one young player to develop we should make it Goudelock.  I think he is ready now to be developed.

Before he went to the D-league he wasn't ready I feel.

But seeing how much he did improve after going to the Vipers where they specifically trained him to be a point guard and understand what a combo guard is he seems much more "ready". 

He's at that stage now where we SHOULD be keeping him to develop.  Wasn't when he got here, definitely wasn't at the start of the season.  Definitely is now.

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Well, he did it. So according to you, keep him for sure.

yo.

#252 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,308 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yeah he scored today.  Shooting percentage could be higher but he showed he can and will score and I think him next to Kobe is a very good idea especially with how Kobe is at setting up other players, and the fact Goudelock actually has some off the dribble moves and finishes could be helpful. 

Feels like the kind of kid that could produce on any given night and I think another season here with Kobe would be great! 

He's probably one of our better prospects than we had in a while and stepped up big time at the close of the season.  Don't let THIS ONE go.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users