Photo

Andrew Goudelock back with the Lakers (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#181 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,403 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Lmfao he sucks

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#182 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 748 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Goudelock off so far, hopefully it doesn't mentally affect him. He can shoot the three, just have to kick it out to him. Better than Jodie "brick" Meeks.

• 38,978 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:01 PM

Lol relax, he's only taken two shots, one of which the floater could've very easily gone in.

He just has to be fearless and shoot. We've got nothing to lose anyway. Should take it as no pressure.

yo.

#184 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,697 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yup! better scorer than meeks!

#185 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,968 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:50 PM

He really is Mini-Mamba. Without him, the Lakers would lose by 30+. That's most of the Lakers' losses this season.

Edited by Japago, April 26, 2013 - 07:50 PM.

Posted Image

• 38,978 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Meeks is such a bum. Guy can't even create his own shot. Pathetic.

yo.

• 38,978 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 08:44 PM

I've come to realize that despite Andrew Goudelock being able to offer much more overall in his game than Meeks as anyone's who's watched him not just tonight, but even last season in his brief stint when he actually got legit time and was hot, it doesn't matter. A D-league player will never be better than an NBA player so therefore Jodie Meeks is far superior. It's not even a debate.

Yeah Jodie Meeks can't create his own shot like Glock, nor does he have a floater, nor does he finish lay-ups, but it doesn't matter, he's still an NBA player and Glock is a D-league player. You can't even argue this. Jodie >.

yo.

#188 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,490 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Well Goudelock had the game. 

Deserves a one year with us.

Let Meeks go.  Give the MLE to someone like Webster.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#189 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,490 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Goudelock apparently had bad leg cramps in the 2nd half.   Hope he'll be fine come Sunday.

• 38,978 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:16 PM

^ Seriously? Okay, this is just ridiculous. We really do need to steal some of Phoenix's medical staff pronto.

yo.

#191 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 491 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:17 PM

Someone has put a curse on us this season.. No doubt. 

#192 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,490 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:19 PM

^ Seriously? Okay, this is just ridiculous. We really do need to steal some of Phoenix's medical staff pronto.

yeah its like..

Goudelock goes off for 20 points and 3 steals..

basketball gods wake up, realize the Lakers are doing good..curse him with bad leg cramps -_-

It's not enough that Metta has a dead leg now and couldn't lift his leg(he was dragging it) and was unable to play in the 2nd half.  

But Goudelock goes off for 20 and gets struck with leg pains -_-  gah!!!!!

Edited by Majesty, April 26, 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#193 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,303 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:21 PM

Goudelock would have saved us a couple injuries if we used him the whole year.

#194 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,490 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:23 PM

A frustrated Goudelock said after the game his leg cramped up midway through the 3rd quarter and seemed upset he couldn't finish the game as strongly as he started it.

Though Goudelock said he was "fine" and that he will be good to go in Game 4.

#195 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 614 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:1.Kobe 2.Magic 3.Kareem 4.Shaq

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:25 PM

At least we know we will be seeing more of goudelock.

Then again, what if next year dantoni runs him into the ground as well?
Posted Image
PSN = K-Kris

#196 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,524 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:28 PM

chances are someone is gonna have another injury in game 4.

#197 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Morris had 24 points and 6 assists?? impressive

• 38,978 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:58 PM

^ That's it? Impressive? Tell us how you REALLY feel and what you did.

yo.

#199 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,490 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Goudelock didn't praise his performance, because ultimately the team lost : "I don't like to lose like that on any type of level. It's not something I'll hang my hat on. Nobody wants to lose like that."  But he did acknowledge that it "gives him some confidence". 

But ultimately was angered at his cramps that held him back in the 2nd half.

"I wish the score was closer." 

And on D'antoni taking him out early because of the bad leg cramps, Goudelock was up front about his frustrations about them "I'd have been going full speed for the last quarter and a half, but I cramped up and that's why I didn't do, much of anything in the last half of the game."

When asked about carrying the load of the minutes on Sunday's game at the guard position, and if he'll be physically able to, Goudelock was very intent "Yeah, it's(the cramps) done for that.  When you're not used to playing. And then not used to playing so many minutes in an NBA game and you play so hard, things like that can happen, but next game I'm gonna be fine."

When asked what advice Kobe gave him at halftime and going forward, Goudelock said Kobe's instructions were to "keep pressure on the defense." and to "get the crowd involved"    But most importantly "If you see any type of opening, take that shot."  

Goudelock gave Kobe a lot of credit saying that they've had those talks before and that Kobe has helped him out a lot, and closed his interview saying  "When you got a guy like that on your side, you should be able to get everybody else."

Keep shooting Goudelock!

Edited by Majesty, April 26, 2013 - 10:08 PM.

• 38,978 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:10 PM

"The story behind Andrew Goudelock's disappearance from the rotation is another mystery that remains to be answered. When given minutes, Goudelock has shown the ability to create shots and points for a bench that is desperately in need of both.

In an interview with ESPN Radio's Mason and Ireland, Mike Brown explained his reasoning behind his decision not to play Goudelock. He stated, "[f]or a young guy, he was doing a terrific job for where he was, or what we asked of him. But having said that, he did not create a ton of shots for himself nor for his teammates. It wasn't like he was getting 14 or 15 points or double figure points off the bench, and so I don't think it's as big a deal or as big a difference when you're looking at production, point-wise, that he was giving us on a night in night out basis."

Keep in mind that when Goudelock played 24 minutes per game as Derek Fisher's backup during Steve Blake's injury, he averaged approximately 10 points on over 50 percent shooting.

So what Coach Brown wanted was a Jason Terry type of production off the bench in only 24 minutes of playing time by a rookie?

Although Goudelock is not the best defensive player, he is not so bad that he is a liability out there. In fact, some would make an argument that he is better defensively than Blake, who is ahead of him in the rotation. Therefore, it wasn't as if this was a defensive decision on Brown's part.

The worst part of all this is that Brown has publicly proclaimed that Goudelock will not get anymore playing time: What kind of a coach would do that to a young player trying to make it in this league?

What incentive would the player have to come into practice and work hard if he knows that no matter what, the coach is not going to play him.

Even if the decision is made, a good coach wouldn't put it out there in the media—especially since it's a young player.

As bad as Coach Brown's playing time allocations are, his rotations are even worse."

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users