Not cutting either
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#1222 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Doubt Kobe plays until at least end of november but nothing he does would shock me
Posted Image

#1223 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,302 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 27, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Not sprinting

Wasn't Kobe sprinting in the before tip-off in China?

#1224 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 27, 2013 - 02:05 PM

lol he was sprinting a couple days ago.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#1225 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,077 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 27, 2013 - 04:12 PM

Start to the season is going to be interesting, especially with the tough schedule.  There is a decent chance that the combo of Pau/Nash/Kaman play well together, win a few games, and give folks hope.

That will lead the endless talking head banter about the Lakers chemistry, and whether or not Kobe's return will ruin it.  

If the team struggles, then there will be talk about whether or not Kobe can come back and save the season.  What mode he returns in, etc.?

If the Lakers struggle, and Pau and or Nash, play well, then we will deal with a ton of discussion about when the Lakers might trade either of the 2 guys.

A lot of possible scenarios this season.  Kobe's health is only one factor.

I want to see him play, though.  He's my favorite player, and I don't have a close 2nd. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1226 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,127 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 27, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well Kobe has shown before that he can 'blend' very well.

Remember when he broke his hand and the Lakers were playing a certain way with Shaq?  When Kobe returned he was able to blend in and do his own thing without throwing off everything else.

I think Kobe would rather come in to the team that's playing well chemistry wise without a developed sense of dependence on him so that he doesn't have to bail them out of everything.

It doesn't promote laziness of the players to not cut the proper ways in plays because Kobe is there.

If things are clicking Kobe returning he could play in the reeds like he's always wanted to and could play within the offense rather than doing everything himself and the offense occasionally showing up.

I like that they're starting the season learning how to play together and everything so that when Kobe returns he can be a part of that rather than them all depending on him and developing lazy tendencies because "Kobe will bail us out" :)  They for the moment have to bail themselves out.  I think this is the best for right now for them personally so that it works best when Kobe returns he's a weapon to add to that rather than the lightning rod on top of the tower that the building uses instead of paying the electric bill.

Edited by Majesty, October 27, 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 04:36 PM

There is a decent chance that the combo of Pau/Nash/Kaman play well together, win a few games, and give folks hope.

That will lead the endless talking head banter about the Lakers chemistry, and whether or not Kobe's return will ruin it.  

I think you are absolute money on that. You already seem to know rather well how these things with the media usually tend to pan out. They're so predictable sometimes that it's just laughable.

yo.

#1228 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 05:03 PM

hey if Kobe is able to return and play in the reeds because doubling him would mean leaving Young, Xavier, or nash/farmar/blake open or leaving Gasol open in the post then heck I wouldn't mind if he can play in the reeds.

This roster is probably deeper than the 08 one or the 09 one.   Probably the deepest we've had in a VERY long time.

So if they play at a high enough level while Kobe is getting himself right and Kobe can pretty much insert himself into that while they keep their good habits and don't develop bad ones then this can be a very dangerous team. 

Having to bail themselves out without Kobe can do wonders!

#1229 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 27, 2013 - 05:12 PM

It's the coaches job to make sure the chemistry develops and continues.. this is on MDA.. let's see what he's got left in the tank

ap1.png

#1230 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 11:36 AM

Kyrie Irving on Kobe's 25th ranking

"I feel bad.  I feel bad for the league(with a smile), because of what Kobe's going to do when he comes back."

#1231 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Kobe chose to run on the altered-gravity treadmill today, rather than on the court. Lakers maintain KB hasn't suffered any setbacks in rehab 

- Dave McMenamin

#1232 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 01:54 PM

I have a feeling because Kobe is someone who knows his body unlike any other Kobe felt something was weak or not normal so he decided to scale back
Posted Image

#1233 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 368 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 28, 2013 - 01:55 PM

I'm guessing Kobe was pushing for opening day but when he realised he wouldn't make it he decdided to take a more cautious approach

#1234 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 02:35 PM

- Dave McMenamin

I think Kobe saw how well we're playing, especially the emergence of our bench and realized he could afford to take his time. 

I think the better we play the less compelled Kobe will feel to push too much too soon in his rehab.

Watching our bench go out there and score 70+ and then 40+ points and seeing them every day in practice probably let Kobe know he could pull back on the reigns a little bit.

So if that is the case I hope that we play at a high level consistently enough so that he continues to feel like he can take his time.

#1235 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 03:17 PM

@ramonashelburne: Word is Kobe's going to ramp up his training this week, then evaluate where he is. That pretty much rules him out for the first week or so

#1236 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2013 - 03:47 PM

damn, imagine we get trolled last minute and see him on the court

Edited by Ham, October 28, 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 05:19 PM

^ Certainly don't expect that, but it wouldn't exactly shock me either considering it's Kobe.

yo.

#1238 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,201 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted October 28, 2013 - 05:32 PM

I think he miss first 4 games

#1239 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,813 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:48 AM

damn, imagine we get trolled last minute and see him on the court

That would be awesome.

#1240 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:40 PM

Kobe Bryant: Doubters continue to motivate me

The Los Angeles Lakers are opening the 2013-14 season without Kobe Bryant in uniform. When will he return?

Not even Bryant knows the answer. He told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday that he doesn't plan to play until he can perform at an "exceptional" level.

Bryant took some time to answer questions from Yahoo Sports on Tuesday about his future.

Q: Your naysayers don't expect you to come back the same because of your Achilles injury. What should we expect when you return?

Bryant: "Personally? I'm going to be the way I've always been. Maybe a little better. It's always interesting, it's motivating to hear people doubt me. The same guys put the nail in my coffin six years ago. They're still trying."

Q: How do you find a good medium between your competitiveness and also being cautious in rehabbing?

Bryant: "It's all in the same bucket. I'm really competitive. To come back at anything less than to play exceptional basketball is not really smart, then I'm not going to be at my top level and that makes the critics right. That [stuff] isn't going to happen."

Read more: http://sports.yahoo....-222951238.html

Edited by -Wade-, October 29, 2013 - 04:41 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users