Photo

Kobe Bryant Returns Sunday December 8, 2013 vs the Raptors

• Please log in to reply
1885 replies to this topic

• 40,416 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Lakers Hope Kobe can Play in Two Preseason Games

Lakers spokesman John Black told Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times that Bryant’s recovery is right on track.

“He’s progressing well and has met all the targets and milestones of his rehab, and we expect him to make a full recovery,” Lakers spokesman John Black told The Times on Monday. “One of the key issues is to make sure he builds up strength and endurance not only in his Achilles but also in his legs, knees, back and core.”

Bryant’s initial timetable called for at least six to nine months of recovery after he was injured April 12 against Golden State. The more optimistic part would put him in play for two Lakers exhibition games in China next month, though Bryant is expected to miss the Lakers’ entire eight-game preseason.

Mambaa.jpg

Read more at http://blacksportson...DL1HHeod5iWo.99

yo.

#1062 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,307 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 18, 2013 - 01:40 AM

We all know Kobe is not human, but seriously .. he should rest until he's 100%. He's not coming back from a sprained ankle ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#1063 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 18, 2013 - 02:25 PM

He plays a max of 9 minutes if he comes in during pre-season. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1064 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 805 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA

Posted September 18, 2013 - 07:20 PM

He plays a max of 9 minutes if he comes in during pre-season.

That's 00:08:59:59 too many!

#1065 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 07:49 PM

That's 00:08:59:59 too many!

Coming in, a few off ball plays, and then sitting the rest of the game is fine for pre-season.

Edited by Majesty, September 18, 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#1066 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Vitti: Bryant to start running full weight in a 'few weeks'

A walk into the Lakers’ training room on Thursday morning showed a picture that’s became all too common this offseason, but one that’s visually appealing for Lakers fans nonetheless.

Kobe Bryant continued his rehab on his surgically repaired left Achilles tendon, as expected, the latest involving running at 75 percent of his body weight on a treadmill. Lakers athletic trainer Gary Vitti expects Bryant remains a “few weeks away” before advancing to full-weight bearing running, though he acknowledged that’s a “nebulous term.”

It all fits the Lakers’ conservative approach in ensuring Bryant doesn’t return from an injury he suffered April 12 before it fully heals.

“He’s doing well and has had no setbacks,” Vitti said Thursday at his trainer’s office at the Lakers’ practice facility in El Segundo in a wide-ranging interview with this newspaper. “There’s no projected date. He’ll be ready when he’s ready. Nobody has a crystal ball on this thing.”

Read More Here: http://www.insidesoc...in-a-few-weeks/

GREAT NEWS!!!

Edited by Majesty, September 19, 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#1067 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,906 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 20, 2013 - 09:37 PM

few weeks is more than i would have wanted.

Not starting  until 6 weeks after running. So he will miss at least 2 weeks of season

#1068 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 01:56 PM

Let's see. This was reported Sept 19th

Training Camp begins September 28th   till October 25th

He should be running at full weight somewhere in early October at this rate, along with Kelly actually whom is also "a few weeks" away from running full weight.

#1069 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted September 27, 2013 - 01:17 AM

1374950_549704245101207_1471088779_n.jpg

lol with soulja boy in dubai

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1070 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:40 AM

Update

Just one day from the start of training camp and media day, Kobe Bryant’s status is becoming more clear.

After reports of  being ahead of schedule, videos of him jumping off a high dive and running on an anti-gravity treadmill, he gave the most significant answer yet regarding his return to the hardwood in an interview while in Dubai for his Health and Fitness Weekend:

“Now it’s about cutting the recovery time, I should be OK [for the start of the season],” Bryant said in an interview with The National, a website in Dubai.

The feeling amongst fans and media have been mixed.  Some feel that he would return in December/January and there were those that did not doubt he would be back for the start of the season.

For those that have followed his career since entering the league in 1996, it’s no surprise that there is a good chance he will return sooner than later.

While there are those that believe Kobe is rushing a return to the court, just put those thoughts to rest.   Kobe has always taken care of his body and is very thorough in his injury recovery.  He can play through broken fingers and sprained ankles, but this injury is significantly different and he knows it’s an injury that has ended many careers.

Mitch Kupchak has recently said there is no timetable for Kobe’s return and rightfully so.   With a few weeks away from the October 29th opener versus the Clippers, Kobe still has some work to do in his recovery, but do not be surprised to see him suit up opening night.

#1071 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,167 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted September 27, 2013 - 12:17 PM

good news, Kobe wont rush his body, so I trust him 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#1072 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,214 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted September 27, 2013 - 02:39 PM

We all know Kobe is not human, but seriously .. he should rest until he's 100%. He's not coming back from a sprained ankle ..

I can't remember that Kobe has been 100%

#1073 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:17 AM

Kobe's never going to be 100%.  Hasn't been for years now. 

#1074 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,295 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:58 AM

And he's still balling.
Posted Image

#1075 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:49 AM

Kobe said the agenda for him now with the Achilles will be some defensive work, running on the court and conditioning

Per Kevin Ding

#1076 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Kobe's never going to be 100%.  Hasn't been for years now. 

Sadly 70% Kobe is enough to score 26ppg

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#1077 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,906 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Per Kevin Ding

If Kobe can be Kobe. No matter if its 2011-2012 Kobe or 26-10 Kobe, he has a PG that suits his skills more than any pg not named Curry.

Pau with Nash and Kobe won't be an afterthought. They'll utilize him in a number of ways. Our big 3 is old but was Wade and Bosh any more effective than an injured Nash and Gasol in the playoffs?
It's about Kobe

And will our Young, Farmar, Blake, Hill , Kaman, Johnson Meeks
Be better than the supporting players of other good teams
Splitter or Thano or Shilittlesworth or Mullens.

#1078 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think it's more about Pau than it is Kobe.

As it was during our title years, we went as far as Gasol took us.  If Pau was at the top of his game, we won.  If Pau shrunk, we lost.  That's not discrediting Kobe at all by the way, it's just more about his supporting cast stepping up. 

Kobe will always be Kobe.  If Kobe feels he is not getting enough help or that he cannot trust his teammates, he then decides to try and take over games.  But regardless, you know what Kobe can and will do, he's the consistent factor in our success.

This year it will be interesting.  The last two seasons Pau has been pushed off to the side by the likes of Bynum and Howard, but now it's time to put up or shut up.  I've always loved our offense running in the post through Gasol, it seems so much more fluid. We'll be a better passing team and that will help Kobe a bunch.

I trust the trio of Kobe, Nash, and Gasol offensively.  Defensively is where I am concerned but that kinda is the feeling with almost every player on the roster.

#1079 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:16 PM

I think it's more about Pau than it is Kobe.

As it was during our title years, we went as far as Gasol took us.  If Pau was at the top of his game, we won.  If Pau shrunk, we lost.  That's not discrediting Kobe at all by the way, it's just more about his supporting cast stepping up. 

Kobe will always be Kobe.  If Kobe feels he is not getting enough help or that he cannot trust his teammates, he then decides to try and take over games.  But regardless, you know what Kobe can and will do, he's the consistent factor in our success.

This year it will be interesting.  The last two seasons Pau has been pushed off to the side by the likes of Bynum and Howard, but now it's time to put up or shut up.  I've always loved our offense running in the post through Gasol, it seems so much more fluid. We'll be a better passing team and that will help Kobe a bunch.

I trust the trio of Kobe, Nash, and Gasol offensively.  Defensively is where I am concerned but that kinda is the feeling with almost every player on the roster.

You are correct.  Kobe will always be Kobe, it's the teammates that have to do strong.

Kobe usually only tries to take over games when no one else is stepping up.

Kobe would love to be content, waiting in the reeds and passing the ball around his teammates with the hot hands while getting 12 points and 8 assists.

It would allow him to focus on the defensive end and making things happen.  

When Kobe is passing the defense sort of leaves off him, and it allows him to iso without pressure which equals an easy score. 

He has talked about the want to do this many a time. 

So if Nick Young gets hot and looks on pace for 30, Kobe isn't gonna take shots away from him, he's gonna FIND shots for him.

Thats how Kobe is. 

But if Young isn't hitting the broad side of a barn that day nor any other teammates then of course Kobe is gonna try to take over.

The philosophy some people try to make and say "Kobe just needs to keep passing to teammates on bad nights, it will get their confidence up and EVENTUALLY they'll start hitting the shots."

Yep.. while waiting for 'eventually' the losses will start rolling in.  And no player is gonna say "Well..we didn't make the playoffs..but at least Kobe believed in me no matter how bad I was sucking!!'

Their time to get their confidence up should be in practice and it should be executed in games, not babied into them by a gracious Kobe Bryant.   Just my two cents :D 

great post :)

#1080 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,906 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:12 PM

To me Kobe made Pau. Rewind a bit to Kwame vs the Suns.
Catch and dunk or layup or get fouled or wide open jumper.
Kwame was just inept.
Pau had some skills, but every year I remember being disappointed in Pau whenever Kobe was compromised.

Pau is always Pau to me except for when he is injured. But Kaman step in for moments and play the role of Pau.
There is no replacement on this team for what Kobe does.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users