#862 KjaX24

KjaX24

KjaX24

• 305 posts
  • Name:keith jackson
  • Fan Since:a wee little lad
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:47 PM

I am not saying we are going to win a championship, I am just saying no one knows what is going to happen. I.e. when Jamal Crawford got picked up by the clippers no one knew he was going to be THAT good. Sure they lost Dwight, who wasn't even the Dwight of old, whether it be by injury, or not wanting to be here. We did pick up more scrappy players though.

#863 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:11 PM

I am not saying we are going to win a championship, I am just saying no one knows what is going to happen. I.e. when Jamal Crawford got picked up by the clippers no one knew he was going to be THAT good. Sure they lost Dwight, who wasn't even the Dwight of old, whether it be by injury, or not wanting to be here. We did pick up more scrappy players though.

You didn't know that Crawford was going to be that good?

Last year wasn't even his best season.

#864 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,571 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Saying this team isnt going to compete for a ring isnt being negative.  It's being realistic.  We pick up a few throwaway players that we would clown our rivals for getting if this team was championship worthy and now you want to be optimistic lol

I don't think we'd clown anyone for picking up Nick Young and Wesley Johnson for the minimum.

They'd be bashing Mitch and Jim for not being able to pull it off if they were available for that cheap.

THAT is being realistic.

You're not being negative you're being pessimistic, passing off hope as "not a big deal" and then if someone says you're being negative you're saying you're being "realistic" while belittling our front office moves.

Did you see us signing Kaman, Nick Young and Wesley Johnson  whom played for 5 million, 8 million and 3 million last year respectively with nothing but the vets minimum and the mMLE? 

if not then there's no need to belittle it.

Edited by Majesty, July 15, 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#865 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:55 PM

I think we have set ourselves up great

#866 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,603 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:22 PM

I would say I'm surprised.

But then I'd be lying.
iyjywo.jpg

#867 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,158 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:30 PM

Even if he's back opening day. Limit the mans minutes please

#868 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Even if he's back opening day. Limit the mans minutes please

Having Nick Young and Jodie Meeks are there for this reason.

#869 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:07 PM

The guy will still average 30-35mins a game the firs 20games of the season. Dantoni doesn't care.

#870 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,158 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:23 PM

I hope Jodie can contribute. Nick if he's balling will take pressure off Kobe. Blake. Wes Johnson all guys who can help Kobe. If Kobe is healthy he gives the team a better shot. The X factors are Nash and Pau. It would be a god send if Kobe can play about 30-32 min a game. If Kobe is 100 percent ready by opening night. Then wow.

#871 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:33 PM

I hope Jodie can contribute. Nick if he's balling will take pressure off Kobe. Blake. Wes Johnson all guys who can help Kobe. If Kobe is healthy he gives the team a better shot. The X factors are Nash and Pau. It would be a god send if Kobe can play about 30-32 min a game. If Kobe is 100 percent ready by opening night. Then wow.

I think that we increased our chances of Kobe playing less minutes.

Wes Johnson, Nick Young, and Jodie Meeks can all play the 2 just in case.  And when Nash or Blake is in there they can find them in their respective sweet spots and make the game easier for them,  Nick's advantage is his ability to create for himself so with the bench as depthy and deep as it is right now less minutes could be coming for Nash(who now has Blake and Farmar backing him up) as well as Kobe(who has Nick Young, Jodie Meeks and potentially Wes Johnson if he's moved up from the 3 in such a scenario) to back him up. 

Front office has done a fantastic job making picks and additions to the roster that would save the legs of Nash and Kobe and even Gasol while being able to contribute as well.

#872 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,158 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Absolutely. Health is key. Limit all the "older guys" minutes. I think j. Hill being healthy and the addition of the caveman will turn out to be huge. I still say sign Lamar. But I'm liking Marcus Landry cdr or the dude from gonzaga. Guys who can play multiple positions

#873 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:43 PM

Absolutely. Health is key. Limit all the "older guys" minutes. I think j. Hill being healthy and the addition of the caveman will turn out to be huge. I still say sign Lamar. But I'm liking Marcus Landry cdr or the dude from gonzaga. Guys who can play multiple positions

I'd love to sign the three of them

CDR, Landry and Harris.

I'd LOVE to develop Harris.  

Landry I don't think will get the spot cause we have Meeks contractually obligated :( 

Harris I think has a shot to be part of our summer league squad with Sacre.

#874 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,158 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:55 PM

Either way. This roster looks pretty good to me. Young, wes, kaman, ears are upgrades over Morris, goudelock, Ebanks, and twan. Now that antoni has a bench that's on paper better than last seasons hope he has the brilliant idea to reach into that bench and use what he has.

#875 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:23 PM

SPEAK OF WHICH

Mike D'Antoni: We have a much deeper team this year. I think we just signed Wesley Johnson. I think I can talk about that. That makes us about 10, 11, 12 guys deep that will play, and that will keep minutes from the older guys. FoxSportsWest.com

di-CGYO.gif

happiness.gif

Edited by Majesty, July 15, 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#876 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,760 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Three months early?! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet - I know he has the best team around him but I really hope he doesn't push too hard, he can't afford to apply pressure too early.

zombie

#877 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,854 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 01:08 AM

If Kobe is healthy, 30-32 minutes wont cut it.. We still need the 35-38 minute Kobe, unless Meeks and Young play that good..

If u're willing to talk about older guys minutes, its Nash and Gasol.

For Kobe, three months ahead is alot but great. Not sure if its accurate though.. It means we can rely more on him in December..

the earlier he can ball the earlier he can trust his legs, imo is in december. Hopefully he can start work on August as he said, but what matters is how he feels mentally about his leg. Obviously my expectation is raw but hope its true..  

#878 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 01:18 AM

I think what it comes down to is even if Kobe is cleared early he's probably gonna want to spend some time getting into "Kobe" shape.

#879 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 03:01 AM

He's determined to win 2 more and break Kareem's record.

#880 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,116 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'd honestly think this team would have a puncher's change if Kaman wasn't the Dwade of C's and both him and Pau could anchor the D.  I think wing wise Young and Johnson were great pickups for the money but only will be positives IF they can play within the team well and produce. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users