Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#722 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 12, 2013 - 09:09 AM

stronger tendon? that means he should be able to dunk.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#723 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 12, 2013 - 01:35 PM

stronger tendon? that means he should be able to dunk.

Well because its stronger its not as flexible. It will be stiffer which will make it harder

#724 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 02:28 PM

Well because its stronger its not as flexible. It will be stiffer which will make it harder

Stronger doesnt mean harder. A harder tendon wont be as flexible. A stronger one may even be more flexible than before

Posted Image

#725 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 12, 2013 - 03:10 PM

Stronger doesnt mean harder. A harder tendon wont be as flexible. A stronger one may even be more flexible than before

yep pretty much.

it will take time for him to regain his explosiveness(maybe half a season) but he'll still be throwing down thunder dunks on people who are brave enough to challenge it.  

Hard as that guy works people and analysts that ever thought he'd be a "shell" of his former self don't know Kobe! ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#726 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,243 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 14, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Mad Dog will have a chance to say hi to @kobebryant, who's on site rehabilitating his Achilles with Gary Vitti/Dr. Judy Seto.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#727 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 14, 2013 - 01:47 PM

Graphic imagine of kobe's surgery. 

Spoiler

#728 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,206 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 14, 2013 - 01:53 PM

yep pretty much.

it will take time for him to regain his explosiveness(maybe half a season) but he'll still be throwing down thunder dunks on people who are brave enough to challenge it.  

Hard as that guy works people and analysts that ever thought he'd be a "shell" of his former self don't know Kobe! ;)

Dont know too much about this kind of injury, but I think that its not one of those things that benefits from aggressive rehab.  Someone will have to monitor  Kobe to make sure that he doesnt overdo it. I bet Coach Moron could help?

Debbie Downer

#729 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 14, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Dont know too much about this kind of injury, but I think that its not one of those things that benefits from aggressive rehab.  Someone will have to monitor  Kobe to make sure that he doesnt overdo it. I bet Coach Moron could help?

lol he was a big reason why Kobe got hurt. 

First game back, MDA: "Kobe..you look fine. Playing you 48 mins tonight"

#730 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 15, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Spoiler

gross_o_523989.jpg

• 40,494 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Spoiler

oh-crap-omg-rage-face.jpg

yo.

#732 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,802 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 15, 2013 - 08:20 PM

^ haha u should see an amputation, it's intense

2div

#733 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,074 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 08:37 PM

^ haha u should see an amputation, it's intense

Ya like the pic of that one guy right after the Boston bombing  :borg:   :no:

#734 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2013 - 09:41 AM

I think Kobe will play 2-3 more years, he probably feels the injury cheated him out of a playoff run...having said that who knows what kind of player he will be. My guess is he'll be the 2010/2011 version of himself, he could barely elevate & he was strictly a jumpshooter although he'd have an explosive dunk here and there (like the ones over Okafor and Landry), There wasn't a whole lot of pop/explosion in his step that year.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#735 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:33 PM

I think Kobe will play 2-3 more years, he probably feels the injury cheated him out of a playoff run...having said that who knows what kind of player he will be. My guess is he'll be the 2010/2011 version of himself, he could barely elevate & he was strictly a jumpshooter although he'd have an explosive dunk here and there (like the ones over Okafor and Landry), There wasn't a whole lot of pop/explosion in his step that year.

I'll take that over the 2011-2012 version of him. That was the year he shot 40% for 2 months. It was awful. Since it was the lockout season, that was almost half of the season too.

I legitimately thought he might have been finished at that point.

Posted Image

#736 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 21, 2013 - 07:50 PM

kobe had a "down" 2011-2012 but you obviously don't look at basketball in the ways that you need to.

A) Broken wirust to start the season

Thats a BROKEN wrist that Luol Deng could not play with.

Two, the minutes and the condensed schedule. When he was rested he was the same Kobe he always had been, minus the dunks and his handles weren't as good.

3. Kobe has never been efficient, so where he makes 9/20=45% or 8/20 = 40%..it's not about that with Kobe.

Its about his WILL.

And in 2011-2012 Kobe still had the ability to will our team to victory and more importantly, Kobe was a Top 3 offense creator that season.

And that's Kobe BIGGEST asset in my opinion

That is pretty much what messed us up this year. Kobe thought he could just score efficiently at first and everyone else get thiers.

We lost horribly that way. Then KObe played defense and filled in the blanks. He couldn't sustain that and it wasn't good for our offense. As the primary creator, we looked good as a Kobe team ALWAYS looks and we were getting a lot from everyone,

Anyway

Kobe will probably be unlike any version we have seen . If Kobe were to play merely like a regular All-Star, that would be his biggest downgrade in 14 years. 

We're talking Kobe though.

he'll probably make himself a great outside shooter , and have just enough craftiness to be a taller Andre Miller-type inside guard.

#737 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 08:31 PM

It still looked awful though. And, it's hard for me to take Kobe injuries seriously unless they keep him out. He seems like he's always dealing with something. I understand the wrist is important to shooting, but he should've adjusted to it like he has other injuries.The finger injuries didn't affect him that badly.

I think his mindset was probably his biggest problem that year, which could happen again when he returns. He's always aggressive, sometimes to a fault for a few games each year. But, he was aggressive to a fault more in 2011-2012. After 2010-2011, people questioned him more than ever after the Lakers looked awful against Dallas. I think he overcompensated for that the following year.

I worry a similar situation will happen next season. He'll be hell-bent on proving that he's still great, no matter how good he actually is coming off the Achilles injury.

Posted Image

#738 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 11:20 PM

It still looked awful though. And, it's hard for me to take Kobe injuries seriously unless they keep him out. He seems like he's always dealing with something. I understand the wrist is important to shooting, but he should've adjusted to it like he has other injuries.The finger injuries didn't affect him that badly.

I think his mindset was probably his biggest problem that year, which could happen again when he returns. He's always aggressive, sometimes to a fault for a few games each year. But, he was aggressive to a fault more in 2011-2012. After 2010-2011, people questioned him more than ever after the Lakers looked awful against Dallas. I think he overcompensated for that the following year.

I worry a similar situation will happen next season. He'll be hell-bent on proving that he's still great, no matter how good he actually is coming off the Achilles injury.

have you ever had an injured wrist with your shooting hand?

#739 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Quickly looked up of what happened with his wrist injury in 2011-2012, and I still think he had issues beyond it:

- He injured his wrist before the regular season began. He was great to begin the season.

- He said his injury healed at the beginning of February that season. The months he looked awful in that season were February and March.

It's definitely something that Kobe had to deal with. I shouldn't have dismissed the injury in my last post. But, there were other things that Kobe really struggled with that season that made me think he was finished.

Edited by Japago, May 21, 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Posted Image

#740 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 04:05 AM

According to Time Warner Sports tonight or what I heard very recently.

All signs are pointing towards Kobe returning ahead of schedule and stronger than ever.

Why?

Because of head physical therapist Judy Seto who has dealt with this type of injury before many times.

THANK YOU JUDY!!  Our secret weapon :)

ts_seto_kobe_670_0.jpg

Go watch the report here

http://www.twcsports...h-update-051613

Edited by Majesty, May 22, 2013 - 04:05 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users