Kobe Bryant Returns Sunday December 8, 2013 vs the Raptors

• Please log in to reply
1885 replies to this topic

#601 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 784 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Kobe's Trainer: Rehab? Return? Retire? Key Is Staying 'Relentless' http://wp.me/pPQKk-d4g 

I just copied/pasted the thing. I apologize, still a newbie on posting tweets/quotes.

#602 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Sekou Smith @SekouSmithNBA

Kobe's Trainer: Rehab? Return? Retire? Key Is Staying 'Relentless' http://wp.me/pPQKk-d4g

I just copied/pasted the thing. I apologize, still a newbie on posting tweets/quotes.

What does he mean, "Retire"?!?!? As die hard Laker fans, we are already extremely upset. This is not something that someone official posts.

#603 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 784 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 08:34 PM

What does he mean, "Retire"?!?!? As die hard Laker fans, we are already extremely upset. This is not something that someone official posts.

I don't think Grover said Kobe will retire but it depends on his mentality which he assessed that he's motivated in getting back to playing again. Click the link, I think it is a good read.

#604 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Just saw on ESPN (from a distance) that Phil Jackson tweeted. What did he say?

#605 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 13, 2013 - 08:37 PM

well theres this amazing thing called the internet you could use

#606 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 13, 2013 - 08:56 PM

LMAO

ap1.png

#607 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 672 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe / Randle

Posted April 13, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Kobe wasn’t going to let the Lakers miss the playoffs. We watched him go thru 3 anguishing plays-the last one devastating…

if he had gone to the bench after the 2nd mishap? Like Rose of The Bulls one can guess, but what’s done is done. Reality not maybe is zen

#608 AFXTWIN

AFXTWIN

Rookie

• 107 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Tony Jaros

Posted April 13, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Shoulda got this guy on the staff.kander_miyagi_medium.jpg

Posted Image

#609 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 13, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Shoulda got this guy on the staff.kander_miyagi_medium.jpg

Lol

#610 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 09:42 PM

well theres this amazing thing called the internet you could use

My phone was dying, and I did not want to get my battery killed trying to browser the Internet for this particular post . Plus, I've been on TLN every few minutes for the past 24hrs. So i figured, i would post a? here.

Why the sarcasm? We've all been emotional and upset over the past 24+ hours, i understand. I personally do not live around the greatest Laker fan society. I come here to look for answers, help share my feelings, try to converse with others from various parts of the world that share the same interests. It's Very hard when you go outside and people poke fun and Jab jokes about Kobe & Lakers at this very difficult time. We all come here because it's a one stop wealth of Pure Laker information with guys/gals with information collected from all over the Internet, media, and other sources. It's Very upsetting when I have to come here to get some relief from outside Laker haters and I hope to get answers & info in regards to particular Laker situation/question and I get a generic answer as your response.

Yes, I understand I can go do a Google search for a particular tweet. But, the point is. If i can see it here we can further discuss regarding that tweet. After all TLN is also part of the Internet.

Not, venting at you in particular. But, just in general with insensitive and non informational posts as such we've seen posted here and other outside sites in general. Please don't take this personal. Just stating something in general.

#611 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 09:43 PM

Thank you for the post.

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Why the sarcasm? We've all been emotional and upset over the past 24+ hours, i understand. I personally do not live around the greatest Laker fan society. I come here to look for answers, help share my feelings, try to converse with others from various parts of the world that share the same interests. It's Very hard when you go outside and people poke fun and Jab jokes about Kobe & Lakers at this very difficult time. We all come here because it's a one stop wealth of Pure Laker information with guys/gals with information collected from all over the Internet, media, and other sources. It's Very upsetting when I have to come here to get some relief from outside Laker haters and I hope to get answers & info in regards to particular Laker situation/question and I get a generic answer as your response.

Yes, I understand I can go do a Google search for a particular tweet. But, the point is. If i can see it here we can further discuss regarding that tweet. After all TLN is also part of the Internet.

Not, venting at you in particular. But, just in general with insensitive and non informational posts as such we've seen posted here and other outside sites in general. Please don't take this personal. Just stating something in general.

Don't worry. bigfetz meant no real harm. He's generally a super chill dude here, well respected and liked. They usually do a pretty good job here of getting rid of most of the consistent offenders.

yo.

#613 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 11:41 PM

My phone was dying, and I did not want to get my battery killed trying to browser the Internet for this particular post . Plus, I've been on TLN every few minutes for the past 24hrs. So i figured, i would post a? here.

Im sorry dude I was just just joking Also tl;dr

#614 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 11:43 PM

Don't worry. bigfetz meant no real harm. He's generally a super chill dude here, well respected and liked. They usually do a pretty good job here of getting rid of most of the consistent offenders.

i_feel_so_loved.gif

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 11:49 PM

^ You're Aaron Gray's cousin, how could you not be?

yo.

#616 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 14, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Anyone else I'd be worried about a career ending injury.

But with Kobe, I'd put money on him being in uniform on opening night next season.

#617 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 14, 2013 - 12:49 AM

Haven't posted in this thread yet. I've been down all day. I'm surrounded by basketball fans. At work, all that was brought up was the injury. When I went out tonight, all people talked about was Kobe, and the future of the Lakers. I cringe just thinking about going through these next two games without him in that uniform, and I teared up reading his Facebook post.

Knowing Kobe, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll come back strong. Maybe not as strong as this season, but he will always be Kobe Bean Bryant. Opening night, when he WILL play, he will still have a game plan made out by the opposing team on how to guard him. That's not my worry at the moment.

Like all of you, I'm in disbelief that someone can work so hard, then have it crumble away in a second. I believe this has shown all of us how great of a presence Kobe really is in the league. If any other star got injured, I don't see any other fan base being as emotional as we are. It feels good to be a Laker fan, even during these dark times. Even though we feel as though we lost a hero, I feel like we are a giant family who can fight through this and hope for the best future for this franchise.

#618 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,044 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 01:03 AM

Anyone else I'd be worried about a career ending injury.

But with Kobe, I'd put money on him being in uniform on opening night next season.

To be honest, i know how some people are so passionate about kobe and covers up his mistakes and praise him to a point where its unbearable, but i still feel he's not going to come as he did this year, not even close.

Whats been in my thinking process today is that he's aging, he'll be 35 and rehabbing from a severe injury. No one question his determination but you cant trust his injury..

Till this very moment i feel I'm dreaming or drunk, i cant see him play as he supposed to play next year if not injured. I'd be happy if he managed to average 20/6/4 .. This is disgraceful..

#619 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,902 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 14, 2013 - 02:53 AM

Ariana Grande...mmmm
iyjywo.jpg

#620 lildvl10

lildvl10

Off The Bench

• 1,474 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted April 14, 2013 - 03:30 AM

i_feel_so_loved.gif

lol

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users