#22 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:17 PM

The only way the Lakers have even a 15 percent chance of winning the title is if they manage to come out of the west avoiding all of the athletic monsters like OKC, Denver, and LAC; then pray that Indiana or the Knicks meet them in the finals. 

#23 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 185 posts
  • Name:John
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Honestly, our full team hasn't played together much and if we make the playoffs vs okc it's going to be one and done. Lakers are just lacking too much athleticism to compete with the Clippers and OKC. I think we can do well against anyone else in the West, Denver included.

If we somehow get through to the finals, the Heat is uber scary especially since they'll all be well rested. (I expect them to steam roll the east)

Edited by Drift, April 11, 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image

#24 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 05:18 PM

I think you guys miss what Im trying to say here.  The teams doesnt want us to be in the playoff not because they afraid we are dangerous but because they just dont like the franchise.  They dont like people talking about lakers. And to be that team that cause this storied franchise to crumble is like great joy for most teams. that is what im trying to say

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#25 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 05:23 PM

The teams that I fear the most are the teams that like to run such as OKC and the Clippers. When they get hot, it's over.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#26 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,461 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 05:25 PM

They don't want to see our full lineup entering the playoffs on a groove.

The one time they played us with a full lineup we beat them easily.

Every other time we were missing or two main players.

And they still don't have Harden.

They don't want to face us entering the playoffs on a groove with a full lineup. No team 1-3 does.

Do you smoke medical, or can I just buy this stuff on the street?

#27 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 11, 2013 - 06:23 PM

LA kings, who were also the 8th seed, did it last year by winning the stanley cup, why cant the lakers do it also... :cool2:

Because hockey is completely different and the 8th seed upsets teams all the time in hockey?

#28 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,874 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 11, 2013 - 06:43 PM

The Lakers, if they make the playoffs, are in for a world of hurt. Lets see how these next three go before they begin their 16 game run.

#29 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:17 PM

Lakers are [expletive]ed regardless this season. Whether we make it or not... We are losing in the first round. 

Laker fan for life.

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,984 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:55 PM

I never thought of this until I was listening to several sports radio and a lot of people said every team will play their A game and would love to be the one that will cause the Lakers to be out of the playoffs. Even dog teams that has nothing to play for. Atleast ruining the Lakers season is a motivation for other teams.  Do you think it is true? I know we are a storied franchise maybe of all sports but wasup with all the jealousy?  I know for sure TV would love for the lakers to make it just for drama purposes but it seems like people are happier seeing Lakers fail than succeed.  I kind of get it since espn covered the Lakers that doesn't deserve the coverage sometimes but it is what you get for being a storied franchise.  I do get annoyed when they talk about the Yankees all the time too but I dont root for them to not make the post season.

So do you believe its true?

Most teams would love to be responsible for kicking the Lakers out of the playoffs. However, in the case of GS, SA and Hou i think they all have their playoff chances in their sights i.e. if Houston have the 6th locked up, once they meet the Lakers, they'll probably rest their guys, rather than risking injuries.

Regarding the Lakers playoff hopes, it depends just as much as what happens with Utah. And while i think some team's would work hard to beat the Lakers and kick them out of the playoffs that way, i doubt that they would actually throw a game against Utah, just for the Lakers to miss the playoffs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users