29 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:17 PM

I never thought of this until I was listening to several sports radio and a lot of people said every team will play their A game and would love to be the one that will cause the Lakers to be out of the playoffs. Even dog teams that has nothing to play for. Atleast ruining the Lakers season is a motivation for other teams.  Do you think it is true? I know we are a storied franchise maybe of all sports but wasup with all the jealousy?  I know for sure TV would love for the lakers to make it just for drama purposes but it seems like people are happier seeing Lakers fail than succeed.  I kind of get it since espn covered the Lakers that doesn't deserve the coverage sometimes but it is what you get for being a storied franchise.  I do get annoyed when they talk about the Yankees all the time too but I dont root for them to not make the post season.

So do you believe its true?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,115 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Things are coming together.

If we beat golden state, the spurs and the rockets to get into the playoffs it means that we're entering the playoffs on a run and playing the kind of basketball that can make some noise.

So no, no team wants us in the playoffs particularly the first round especially considering the run we'd have to go on and the momentum we'd develop if we did make it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:29 PM

We'll be one of the most dangerous 8 seeds ever.

Edited by Saber, April 11, 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#4 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:44 PM

We will be the first 8th seeder to win it all! (Kobe mode on)

#5 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:45 PM

No team in the NBA but OKC. They would destroy us, and we all know it. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#6 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:47 PM

What the Yankees/Cowboys/Duke go through. 

veqdeg.jpg

#7 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:48 PM

You guys are high, the Lakers get blown out by a team that has zero chance in the playoffs like the Clippers then wins 2 in a row in must win games in unconvincing fashion against one of the worst teams in the league and a team that is so riddled with injuries that they have to start a team that is almost entirely rookies and you come in here swinging your D around like nobody wants a piece of the Lakers.  If the Lakers are fortunate enough to make it, OKC or the Spurs will beat the Lakers so badly you will wish that they didn't, trust me, they are praying that they do, because they want to make an example of them and while it will be just as easy as beating up on a hapless team like Utah, its better headlines to do it to the Lakers with their roster and payroll.

#8 Twenty_Four

Twenty_Four

Rookie

• 246 posts
  • Fav. Laker:black mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:09 PM

LA kings, who were also the 8th seed, did it last year by winning the stanley cup, why cant the lakers do it also... :cool2:

Posted Image

#9 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,707 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Any team that has Kobe Bryant on it will be taken seriously by all other NBA teams.

#10 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:16 PM

LA kings, who were also the 8th seed, did it last year by winning the stanley cup, why cant the lakers do it also... :cool2:

Because hockey is a sport where if your goalie gets hot you can beat anyone, and it happens like that every year in the playoffs, some goalie gets hot some team makes a deep run or wins the cup.  In basketball it just doesn't happen, but I guess there is a first for everything, I just can't imagine this Lakers team A) playing well enough to beat the great teams in the West B) Doing that for about 20 plus games in a row.

#11 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:32 PM

You guys are high, the Lakers get blown out by a team that has zero chance in the playoffs like the Clippers then wins 2 in a row in must win games in unconvincing fashion against one of the worst teams in the league and a team that is so riddled with injuries that they have to start a team that is almost entirely rookies and you come in here swinging your D around like nobody wants a piece of the Lakers.  If the Lakers are fortunate enough to make it, OKC or the Spurs will beat the Lakers so badly you will wish that they didn't, trust me, they are praying that they do, because they want to make an example of them and while it will be just as easy as beating up on a hapless team like Utah, its better headlines to do it to the Lakers with their roster and payroll.

We may get beat but we'll go down fighting. Despite all the lows of this season, you still gotta believe. Anything can happen.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#12 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:43 PM

To answer the Question in the context it was asked:

No, most don't want the LAKERS to make the Playoffs

The Season is over for the Blazers....wouldn't be surprised if they lost every game now,,,,the difference is you will see that they've given up. Not like last night. I've seen too many teams play us tough...win , then go on losing streaks

Then you have the Analyst and former players who the LAKERS have crushed in the past to prevent them from moving up........

To deny this would be naive

But as they say..."I ain't mad" "Haters will hate"

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#13 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Step back, drop the tequilla or bong pipe, and look at reality.

A terrible Portand team, one of the worst in the West, with three of its best stars missing, put up 106 points against the Lakers last night.  Defense wins playoff games. 

Although Lakers match up the best with the Spurs, the Spurs have better defense, a better coach, and home court advantage. 

#14 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:58 PM

OKC would love to face us.
htCCl0m.png

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,115 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:48 PM

OKC would love to face us.

They don't want to see our full lineup.

#16 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Don't see why they wouldn't. They have an advantage athletically at three of the five positions. The Lakers clearly struggle against younger, more athletic teams. The Lakers have struggled mightily against OKC since that 2010 playoff series. Just 5-11 including last year's playoffs and just one win in Oklahoma City.
htCCl0m.png

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,115 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Don't see why they wouldn't. They have an advantage athletically at three of the five positions. The Lakers clearly struggle against younger, more athletic teams. The Lakers have struggled mightily against OKC since that 2010 playoff series. Just 5-11 including last year's playoffs and just one win in Oklahoma City.

They don't want to see our full lineup entering the playoffs on a groove.

The one time they played us with a full lineup we beat them easily.

Every other time we were missing or two main players.

And they still don't have Harden.

They don't want to face us entering the playoffs on a groove with a full lineup. No team 1-3 does.

#18 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:04 PM

Athletically, true. But by rebounding and controlling the paint. You are taking away their athleticism. 

#19 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:19 PM

They don't want to see our full lineup entering the playoffs on a groove.
The one time they played us with a full lineup we beat them easily.
Every other time we were missing or two main players.
And they still don't have Harden.
They don't want to face us entering the playoffs on a groove with a full lineup. No team 1-3 does.

Umm when exactly did we beat them easily? All five of our wins were close contests.
htCCl0m.png

#20 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:27 PM

0382_s7tr.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users