Photo

The team needs to shutup about Kobe

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Kobe Bryant would be the last person to quit in a game on the face of this earth. How the hell could you say that  :facepalm: And your a Laker fan?

To send a message? You don't recall game 7 vs the Suns in the 06-07 playoffs?

#22 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:24 PM

They're a bit more concerned for Kobe since he's playing 48 minutes. It just shows they're willing to step up

#23 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:29 PM

Yeah he sent a message by trying to do something else which was getting his teammates more involved and hoping a couple of his teammates would get hot and carry us to the win. That doesn't mean he quit lmao... He even talked about that very game before in an interview and said him scoring so much was not working out, so at halftime they needed to switch it up.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#24 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:34 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hjTm2Dl1bTo

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Okay, the OP litterally said he was on drugs and didnt know what he was talking about when he made this, can we just close it?

thats all going to say about this one...

Edited by TKainZero, April 11, 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#26 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Well, I agree with the OP.  I am usually critical of Kobe, and often don't like many of his on-court decisions.  As good as he is, I think he leaves even more on the table due to some of his tendencies.

That said, not one guy on this team should utter a critical word to the media about him.  No one except Hill, Clark, and maybe MWP plays even 25% as hard as Bryant does.

Pau... show up.  Play hard.  Every game.  Then talk.  Dwight, ditto.

Until that happens, they and everyone else who loafs around the court need to shut their traps.  Whether or not they said anything objectionable today, they have previously, so the OP's point stands.

#27 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Well, I agree with the OP.  I am usually critical of Kobe, and often don't like many of his on-court decisions.  As good as he is, I think he leaves even more on the table due to some of his tendencies.

That said, not one guy on this team should utter a critical word to the media about him.  No one except Hill, Clark, and maybe MWP plays even 25% as hard as Bryant does.

Pau... show up.  Play hard.  Every game.  Then talk.  Dwight, ditto.

Until that happens, they and everyone else who loafs around the court need to shut their traps.  Whether or not they said anything objectionable today, they have previously, so the OP's point stands.

Thank you.

#28 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 11:35 PM

Should the team shut up about Kobe? Yeah. As a general rule, if someone have a problem with Kobe, they should tell him, not the media. Kobe would respect that. Also, as good as Kobe was and the work Kobe is putting in, it is hard to see that anyone could have a problem.

However, Pau wasn’t completely wrong. While Kobe took advantage of Portland missing both Batum and Webster, he didn't do it by driving or from the post, but rather by shooting and he did take some low-percentage shots, which he made, but both Pau and Dwight were really efficient (11-15 and 9-11, respectively) and the chemistry between those two is very important going forward.

#29 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted April 12, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Should the team shut up about Kobe? Yeah. As a general rule, if someone have a problem with Kobe, they should tell him, not the media. Kobe would respect that. Also, as good as Kobe was and the work Kobe is putting in, it is hard to see that anyone could have a problem.

However, Pau wasn’t completely wrong. While Kobe took advantage of Portland missing both Batum and Webster, he didn't do it by driving or from the post, but rather by shooting and he did take some low-percentage shots, which he made, but both Pau and Dwight were really efficient (11-15 and 9-11, respectively) and the chemistry between those two is very important going forward.

I agree with everything you wrote, and I STILL think Pau needs to play hard, every game before opening his mouth.  I will almost always side with the post players in a debate about who should be shooting the ball... and I STILL think Pau and Dwight need to play hard, every game, before squawking.

At some point, a point which the Lakers passed a while ago, if only one guy is busting his ass night in and night out, he can do whatever the hell he wants.  The privilege to complain is earned, and no one else is earning it.

I am personally sick of hearing whining from players who can only be bothered to occasionally hustle... and I'm pretty far from removed from the situation.  I'm surprised Kobe hasn't [expletive]-slapped some of these guys at times.  I would've, in his shoes.

#30 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 12, 2013 - 06:47 AM

Look it was just the same old typical cliche lines from them. All they have to do is go re-watch the game & count how many missed shots they all put up & they will realize the reality. They blow the majority of "that team ball philosophy they claim to want from the team" when they miss shot after shot after shot. When control of a gm is close to being gone  Kobe better take over cuz if he just sits back & hopes his team figures it out = he is not supporting his players. The best option when they are down is always Kobes decisions.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 03:27 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...et-team-balance

yo.

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,419 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2013 - 03:32 PM

I don't think Pau was being critical of Kobe.  What he says is true but it was more along the lines of "Kobe saved us tonight but if we want to go further in the long-run, we can't have him do all that work."

#33 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 12, 2013 - 05:30 PM

What are you talking about? Kobe didn't quit. The whole series we had success by sharing the basketball and Bryant was playing facilatator. It simply didn't work in Game 7.
htCCl0m.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users